Having both Three Row and Two Row Game Mode

+

Should there be two game mode for GWENT.

• Have two row and three row game mode

• Having two row only homecoming update

Results are only viewable after voting.
I appreciate all the hard work the CDPR had done. But like most people, I have some mixed feelings seeing the new homecoming update. Most of the player play gwent because of witcher 3 mini game. With the new update, it seems as if it is a completely new game. I know that a lot has changed since the closed beta. I feel that there is really no need to get completely get rid of the gwent we have now, why not have both for a player to choose. If players want to play the gwent we have now, they can still do so. Or if they want the new homecoming update, they can play that too. Both have a completely separate leader board. That way it will just be an extra game mode player can played on. And player can still enjoy both two row and three row gwent. I actually like what we have now, and the aesthetic of the board we have now. I also like what I see in the trailer, it looks like it is a lot of fun.

Although I can understand your sentiment behind this 'solution', having two game modes will divide their player base in half, which'll drastically affect matchmaking. Also, as you must've seen and realised, the cards are being reworked for 2 rows. It's not just a row that's being removed from the game, the whole game is being re-built around it. Having two Leaderboards will encourage the players to play on both of them, and remember the different Powers and Abilities for the same cards. Since the new cards aren't designed to be played on a board with 3 rows. This will be tiring for some, and confusing for everyone. Also, support for both versions can be exhausting for devs, specially for the current version. I don't think they'll even be supporting the current version under any circumstances, which is an impossible task! Hence, Homecoming.

Don't worry. I think you will enjoy the Homecoming Gwent. Just every time you feel bad about the current Gwent, think about the broken meta, Create, unfinished visuals, etc.

"We keep the visuals, mechanics we have, but don't plan to go back to them."
@Muffliato 'Keep', as in keep the respective data files?

Last edited:
I appreciate all the hard work the CDPR had done. But like most people, I have some mixed feelings seeing the new homecoming update. Most of the player play gwent because of witcher 3 mini game. With the new update, it seems as if it is a completely new game. I know that a lot has changed since the closed beta. I feel that there is really no need to get completely get rid of the gwent we have now, why not have both for a player to choose. If players want to play the gwent we have now, they can still do so. Or if they want the new homecoming update, they can play that too. Both have a completely separate leader board. That way it will just be an extra game mode player can played on. And player can still enjoy both two row and three row gwent. I actually like what we have now, and the aesthetic of the board we have now. I also like what I see in the trailer, it looks like it is a lot of fun.
Current gwent is dead, you guys better accept it.

(serious) I would have 2-1-2 rows and have 1 round mode and 3 round mode, with slightly different rules for both, and higher row limit (maybe even a mechanic where you can cover cards, lose their power and abilities to maybe later move the card on top to make it active again).
Having both 1 and 3 round modes would result in a game with more variety and strategies, and having to make different decks for each mode.

bad idea, increasing number of modes will split the playerbase between modes as result increase queque time and its quality (for example put you against same strong deck holder)

bad idea, increasing number of modes will split the playerbase between modes as result increase queque time and its quality (for example put you against same strong deck holder)

Not to mention the devs need to maintain and balance separate modes.

Top Bottom