Having leaders and leader abilities separate seems very bizarre to me

+

Guest 4346803

I have 200 hours in gwent, mixed between beta and homecoming and I recently started playing again. Why is Lord Eredin of the wild hunt now nothing more than a skin? Having these great and powerful characters reduced to nothing more than colourful shiny objects seems removes so much flavour from the game. I liked their original inclusion into Gwent in homecoming but it removes so much of the game feel/fantasy for me. I'm no longer playing as Eredin or Meve, I'm simply playing as some generic named ability with my leader reduced to nothing more than a sparkey object for decoration. Even looking at decklists now has lost so much flavour. Queen Calanthe is now Pincer manoveur, Dana is now mystic echo. This is so dull and souless.

((I know this isn't a technical post but I'll be damned if I have to make 10 bug posts or whatever before I have the right to speak my mind))

I have 200 hours in gwent, mixed between beta and homecoming and I recently started playing again. Why is Lord Eredin of the wild hunt now nothing more than a skin? Having these great and powerful characters reduced to nothing more than colourful shiny objects seems removes so much flavour from the game. I liked their original inclusion into Gwent in homecoming but it removes so much of the game feel/fantasy for me. I'm no longer playing as Eredin or Meve, I'm simply playing as some generic named ability with my leader reduced to nothing more than a sparkey object for decoration. Even looking at decklists now has lost so much flavour. Queen Calanthe is now Pincer manoveur, Dana is now mystic echo. This is so dull and souless.

((I know this isn't a technical post but I'll be damned if I have to make 10 bug posts or whatever before I have the right to speak my mind))
In my opinion this is the worst decision they made since removing a row.
Leaders have zero identity. What worse is now your leader (skin) has the voice lines of whoever originally owned the ability. So foltest will talk like meve if playing boost and usurper voice will play over whatever skin is using the lock ability. It's jarring and depressing to me.

All for the potential mobile casual who may or may not pay to buy skins for a character. Would it really bring in that much more money?No one uses a leader based on the appearance. This will lead to many many unused skins. I mean how many radovids have you seen. He was a crowd favorite but since he didn't get an ability he doesn't get used. I have yet to play against one radovid. If cdpr neefs quick cash infusions they should go back to premium weekends every once in awhile.

Guest 4336264

Yeah, I'll chip in and say I agree 100% to what was stated in the opening post (and a few others after that).
Post automatically merged:

Having chipped in already, I felt I should make one more point.

Because the developers have already made the change that permits players to purchase certain in-game elements (including leader skins), I do not believe it would be possible for them to revert back to leader cards (as well as changing animations of leaders in battles, etc.) because this would surely mean that any purchases to date of leader skins would need to be refunded - highly unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom