HC: First Impression (Poll)

+

What's your first Impression of HC after trying out the PTR?

• Excellent

Votes: 34 9.2%
  • Good

Votes: 76 20.7%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 76 20.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 166 45.1%
  • D'oh!

Votes: 16 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First impression is bad.

The two words that can describe the game for me is boring/bland.
It killed my hype trying the game.

Sure the visuals are awesome, but that wont keep me playing.

If they could revert it back to pre mid winter, gold imunity patch or the one before that, and keep the visuals i would be hyped again.

Idk what you re talking about. The game for me feels tactical and engaging. The same feel like prewinter patch. I like The New gameplay, if i lose actually îs for my mistakes. I actually i have an impact.

I dont like the new main menu, the playstyle change ... i cant say that now but i realy miss my old ambush decks :(

seeing scoiatel leaders

eithne is bad do 1 damage x4 with charge refresh
francesa is pre-HC Eithne
and bouver is a nerfed version of Zoltan

just bad

I tried on my decent laptop and very laggy

So I became mildly interested in trying elder scrolls legends recently. Downloaded from steam today and I was a bit worried about how it would perform after playing homecoming. Wow, legends works smoothly on my crappy laptop. Having a lot of fun playing it so I guess here is the bright side for me. Now I have a good card game I can actually play. I'll take a look at homecoming when it actually releases on console and hopefully the devs make it decent by then.

So I became mildly interested in trying elder scrolls legends recently. Downloaded from steam today and I was a bit worried about how it would perform after playing homecoming. Wow, legends works smoothly on my crappy laptop. Having a lot of fun playing it so I guess here is the bright side for me. Now I have a good card game I can actually play.

That's actually a funny moment to start playing TESL. Recently they released an UI overhaul and the reactions were not very positive to stay polite. Haven't played it for a while, but I think I should look at it myself.

edit:
Game looks worse, animations used to be much smoother and the sound was better. Don't know why they changed it, all those things were actually really good.

Last edited:
Nice results on the voting so far, BTW.

GG dev team. Way to go.

I feel a bit bad for the dev team tbh. The whole idea of reworking the entire game in just half a year was insane. I don't understand why they didn't go back to end of CB, or beginn of OB or just pre MW gwent and concentrated on improving this version. Additionaly the main focus was probably thronebreaker, which isn't a positive sign for multiplayer gwent.

I feel a bit bad for the dev team tbh. The whole idea of reworking the entire game in just half a year was insane. I don't understand why they didn't go back to end of CB, or beginn of OB or just pre MW gwent and concentrated on improving this version. Additionaly the main focus was probably thronebreaker, which isn't a positive sign for multiplayer gwent.
I dont have any sympathy for developer, they put it all over themself. If they had focused at one of the HC-Aspects: rows, copies, overall-strenght, coinflip, leaders, order, provions, handlimit...) it could have worked out greatly. I think order alone would have solved the coinflip, because we get an advantage as the starting player. But to throw away all aspects and make something totally new, sorry, this idea was doomed at start.

I dont have any sympathy for developer, they put it all over themself. If they had focused at one of the HC-Aspects: rows, copies, overall-strenght, coinflip, leaders, order, provions, handlimit...) it could have worked out greatly. I think order alone would have solved the coinflip, because we get an advantage as the starting player. But to throw away all aspects and make something totally new, sorry, this idea was doomed at start.

Yeah, I know. But there is probably a very limited group of people, who made the decision to start a total revamp instead of just focusing on the aspects, which were actually problematic (meaningless rows, coinflip, to much point spam, lack of synergy and engines, faction identity).

Look at the %'s... For me.. the Gwent I loved is gone replaced by a totally new terrible Gwent, which unless I am missing something... is no more, a very great game while it lasted. Why? 1. Why invest in artistic animated cards if you can't enjoy them enlarged as they are? For me, they are reduced to meaningless. 2. The Leaders no longer join in on the rows as leaders should. Standing aside using up valuable board space, which after a move or two, is very, extremely very boring... unless the animation just turns you on (not me), it's wasted, big time (hey, have them moon each other.. or something more interesting), please, make them better than what's shown. 3. 2 Rows, the dyanmic of 3 row play is forever changed to... I am not even sure what, but I do not like it. 4. Worst of all.. no longer am I imaginatively sitting across a pretend board in a bar or rooming house whereever, and playing another in the quiet afternoon or night hours. Now, I am playing a raz-a ma-taz convoluted mess of animation that takes away from.. the card playing of the game. This is a one on one card game folks, where strategy matters, with quick identity and viewing of the cards hand by hand, so strategies can be mastered during play and changed to the moment and hand. Sad to say, unless I find value somewhere I can't see yet.... well, so long, it's been good to know ya, and fun while it lasted. I think I'll just go and sit with Ciri on the hill in WItcher 3. Much more alive, and interesting, while I wait for Fallout or take up a replay.

Last edited:
Look at the %'s...
Newsflash: the % means jack. 150ish people voted, out of the hundred thousands that play the game (and the eventual new players).

This is not the first time i've seen "opinion polls" with a ridicolous number of voters and then people bodly claiming "the majority says that...". You aren't the majority of anything.
Post automatically merged:

Current gwent can't work long term. I'm amazed you people still don't get it.

Currently only powercreep can allow new cards to fit into the current decks. New archetypes can be created, but that's not a long term fix. Just look at yugioh, new archetypes and powercreep at every new set.

This game NEEDS to pump out multiple (at least 2) expansions per year, and there is no way they can do it with the current design space. That's why the game was redesigned and that's why there is no turning back.

You either accept it, adapt and enjoy the HC gwent or... you can leave. Not much else for an option.

Top Bottom