HC is not the game we tested

+
Isn't that strange?
I have never encountered a game that launched a version so different from its Beta - so different, in fact, that I would consider it a whole new different card game.
We all love and appreciate CDPR, so lets give them some testers feedback:
This new "Gwent" appears to be an online version of TB. It is far from traditional Gwent, which renders the "Homecoming" title quite out of place.
When TB was announced, I expected people to buy it out of mere curiosity and anticipation for more engagement with the Witcher world. Now, I'm afraid the bitter taste caused by this extreme change will hinder people from playing TB in the first place; the first impression of the game is associated with disappointment.
It may also appear like an attempt to ride the brand: bring a new game under the name of a current, successful one. Why not let TB run for a while and see if there's demand for an online version of it?
Let the community have two different games: online traditional Gwent, and offline Thronebreaker. Then see what happens.

+1000

Remember the rebellion of the dwarves with the skellidge faction in Blood and wine Dlc during the gwent tournament.

we have to do the same thing :ROFLMAO:
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
Isn't that strange?
I have never encountered a game that launched a version so different from its Beta - so different, in fact, that I would consider it a whole new different card game.
This new "Gwent" appears to be an online version of TB. It is far from traditional Gwent, which renders the "Homecoming" title quite out of place.
When TB was announced, I expected people to buy it out of mere curiosity and anticipation for more engagement with the Witcher world. Now, I'm afraid the bitter taste caused by this extreme change will hinder people from playing TB in the first place; the first impression of the game is associated with disappointment.
It may also appear like an attempt to ride the brand: bring a new game under the name of a current, successful one. Why not let TB run for a while and see if there's demand for an online version of it?
Let the community have two different games: online traditional Gwent, and offline Thronebreaker. Then see what happens.
I believe your right here. I've decided to pass on throne breaker. It would be different had they just said we will be launching a new gwent rather than make people believe gwent was going back to its roots.

Personally, I like the changes made to the game since the open beta.
I played 200+ hours of gwent during the open beta prior to the major patch 1 year ago that worked the UI, added a lot of RNG and in my opinion, ruined the game. I subsequently stopped playing until now.
I like most of the changes to the game including the interface, specific row abilities, cards with activated abilities, "charges", and the reworked leaders.
It's not perfect and feels released too early, but it's a step in the right direction again.

Yeah, I was thinking so similar like you OP. New Gwent is like a separate online version of Thronebreaker. I like Thronebreaker style too but just in Thronebreaker. I don't need that in my traditional Gwent, it was unique.

For me, the complete overall change of the game just rendered the beta experience meaningless. All the buffs, nerfs, adjusts to mechanics, new cards, international tournaments...and for what? I acknowledge that it is CDPR's prerogative to do as they will, but I did not feel respected as a consumer, particularly as a consumer who spent money on their product.

As a side note I do not understand how GoG goes from a gaming distribution platform to a full gaming client, required to actually play the current version of the game.

Having said that, best of luck to everyone.

For me, the complete overall change of the game just rendered the beta experience meaningless. All the buffs, nerfs, adjusts to mechanics, new cards, international tournaments...and for what? I acknowledge that it is CDPR's prerogative to do as they will, but I did not feel respected as a consumer, particularly as a consumer who spent money on their product.

As a side note I do not understand how GoG goes from a gaming distribution platform to a full gaming client, required to actually play the current version of the game.

Having said that, best of luck to everyone.

it's possible they killed gwent temporarily for people go on the tronebreaker. I don't see any other solutions for explain the nullity of this Homecoming...

Isn't that strange?
You are right! it is a completely different game, I don't like it!!!

I had a preaty bad first impression too, hated it at first. I remember that the first thing I've done after playing the 1 day was talking to a friend of mine of how CDPR destroyed the game.

But now I have a compleatly diferent oppion... I love the new gwent!
Its so mutch better then the old version, that I cant even describe, the responsive plays, the interaction, the bluff, the bait, it actualy feels like a battle, not only because of those crap heroes moving around, but the way u actualy play and think while doing so. Before it was just math... now It has actualy strategy.

Its indeed a whole new game, and I'm loving it.

With a name "Homecoming" I expected they will go back to some old ideas and change few other things to match it, but instead a new game was released, and Im not really sure its a better version.

I like this new gwent. I also have a little over 250hrs in gwent.
To me this version will make you work for your victories and is more interactive.
Old gwent felt like an arcade game to me, where many people could half sleep and still pilot decks to victory almost regardless of what their opponent plays.
I've put off Eldersrolls legends and "Money: the grubbening" for this so I'm gonna be here for a while. ^^

Nice to have some positive thinking users express their opinion too. For me hc works well after a bit of neuro-new-orientation. I hope the meta will see dozens of competetive decks with total different playing styles. Can`t wait for the first expansion :)

So after playing some hours in the "new" Gwent I have to say that I really admit it.
I was in the beta and couldn't really get into it there. It was completely on my side, it didn't "clicked" for me.

Now the new Gwent fits so much more for my taste that I can't get enough of it.

I get that a lot of "old" players are upset and more like the old one but I think that the devs did an awesome job in creating a unique ccg game in a market swarmed with ccg.

Thanks and I hope it will continue as great as it began.

Have played Gwent a lot on Xbox One. Just bought Microsoft Surface and decided to give it a try. Was sad that there is no support for logging in with Xbox live and having my progress but OMG that tutorial is boring as hell. Skipping through all the dialogues and [nope] play made me uninstall it. Was hoping for a great free time gme on my new pc. Gonna have to look for something different.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, so badly... I spent hundreds of hours in beta grinding ore/scraps... I can have nearly anything I want in the game... but why?
I tried to come back after throne breaker & homecoming... but its sooooo boring.

I would love for this to be more fun than MTG Arena, as CDPR is awesome and Hasbro is doodoo in comparison. But it just isn't working....

I wish CDPR owned MTG Arena :(

Last edited:
HC is bad, i hate the 3d grafics, provisions, destruction of previous arhetypes, and cards abilities swaped.
Instead of improving the game cdpr demolished it. :mad:

Top Bottom