heads up display in CP 2077

+
If CP2077 is TPP, it would be cool to have the modular HUD elements appear as augmented reality; the map in The Division is one example of this.

One think I didn't like about The Division's HUD was how it wrapped around the guy in TPP- makes the HUD appear gamey because it would be impractical for actual character in the game. But it might be cool to have it floating a bit to the side of the character (not stuck to screens ends, though), so it seems like it's something the character can actually view.

But my preferred option to view any modular HUD would be FPP.

Oh, and guys please update the wishlist for modular HUD:

(For the sake of new members) what we mean by modular is this: HUD elements can be customized and toggled at will.

HUD wishlist:

- modular, customizable HUD
- individual toggle options for each components; example: you can still view the Marquee, but turn off some aspect of it you don't want to view.
- hardware and software components, download or install components of HUD onto your favorite hardware.
- HUD components can be bought or sold
- illegal software availability, e.g. HUD which helps you find caches to loot.
- software available is specific to role or skill, e.g. "find the mark" for Solos.
- it's possible to completely remove HUD, both hardware and software, i.e. ability to toggle what you can or can't see, or play with zero HUD.

awesome

I really like your ideas, tc.

I think HUD's and basically the whole idea of giving the player quick information is an interesting part of gaming that hasn't gone far enough. I remember how big the facial animations in Fight Night 3 were. The whole idea was to remove the HUD, but put such detailed facial animations on the boxers so that the player would be able to tell where each were at, similar to watching a regular bout.

In the end it worked pretty well, and I prefer that to what we had before it in older boxing games.

So, for Cyberpunk I'd like something a little different. I really like the idea of having quick info on the actual guns and tech, and using the HUD as an upgradable and modifiable element of the game. I think it adds another level of uniqueness to those parts of the game.

Those helmets are soo goofy looking...

Why? Because they aren't flush and smooth?

They make sense when you think that the tech they are using is still being developed. Also, if you put the sensor gear inside the helmet, it becomes a secondary projectile if the wearer takes a hit to the helmet. That is not a place you want to be. If the stuff is on the outside and you take a hit, it may get wrecked, but thats better than a battlefield cranial implant.

Why? Because they aren't flush and smooth?

Because they look like bicycle helmets.... which have always looked stupid.

You have to understand, I come froma time when if you had to wear a helmet to ride a bicycle, it meant you were either a sissy, mentally retarded, or both.

Wearing pads while riding a bike or skateboarding... unless you were actively in a bmx race or on a halfpipe, that shit would get you beat up...

And only girls rode scooter...

And honestly, I think it was a better time.

We also played with toy guns, outside, and they looked real, and it was awesome. We would fight with wooden swords, and beat the snot out of each other.

So yeah, I hate the way that helmet looks...

Because they look like bicycle helmets.... which have always looked stupid.

You have to understand, I come froma time when if you had to wear a helmet to ride a bicycle, it meant you were either a sissy, mentally retarded, or both.

Wearing pads while riding a bike or skateboarding... unless you were actively in a bmx race or on a halfpipe, that shit would get you beat up...

And only girls rode scooter...

And honestly, I think it was a better time.

We also played with toy guns, outside, and they looked real, and it was awesome. We would fight with wooden swords, and beat the snot out of each other.

So yeah, I hate the way that helmet looks...

We came from the same time, so I understand.

And I hate to burst your bubble, but these 'goofy' helmets seems to be fine for Special Forces:

This game should have a completely customization hud, colors, shapes, data stream options...THE works!

When I watch other videos of peoples gameplay I want to say "COOL, look how he has his HUD set up".

but wait!

HUD AVAILABLE ONLY IN FIRST PERSON MODE!

small target cross hair in 3rd person view but the fancy stuff is ONLY in first person!

please :eek:

HUD AVAILABLE ONLY IN FIRST PERSON MODE!

small target cross hair in 3rd person view but the fancy stuff is ONLY in first person!

please :eek:

I don't agree. Some forms of HUD, like having information displayed in the minds eye as though it was around an object, (like weapon information around a drawn weapon,) makes sense...

...just like 3D maps displayed in real time centred on our character.

Even ME did it to an extent...

Although early ME2 data left us thinking they were taking a different route with the HUD:

In short, I want to be able to have two presets for my HUD. One for 3rd person and one for first.

Top Bottom