heads up display in CP 2077

+
Can't believe I didn't think of this before.

Chipware Sockets are an obvious choice for adding things to a HUD based on cyber eyes.

There are various 'recognition' chips in 2020:
Corporate Visual Recognition - The Corporate Officer chip allows recognition of Corp officers,documents, and other operations, giving limited biographies on certain personnel.
Military Visual Recognition - Uniform and unit recognition. Weapon and Vehicle specs from silhouette ID's.
Police Visual Recognition - Visual ID's on criminals and licenses. References for auto tag hot sheets and APB's, etc. Plus daily/weekly crime SitReps. These chips will pull felons' records, vehicle hot sheets, etc. at the listed difficulty levels. Misdemeanors require different chipping.
Rocker Visual Recognition - With this chip you can identify certain instruments, recognize songs (when interfaced with cyberaudio), and display specific sheet music to your cyberoptic. Music company execs and talent scouts can be IDed if their images are preprogrammed into the chip
Secretarial Visual Recognition - With this chip, you can put a full reference file for all of your employer's clients, contacts and associates on the tip of your mind! Files faces, cross references names, indexes birthdays, personal data, previous appointments, letters on file (recorded with optional camera implant), and a100,000 number phone file.
Techie Visual Recognition - For ID'ing circuits, parts, tools, manufacturers, serial numbers, etc.

Shape Recognition - "Need to pick objects out of a crowd? The newest chipware from Direct Dataware can help! Program your specifications onto a blank chip, drop it in your socket and proceed to pick out the things specified by the chip, surrounding them with a colored halo. This is essentially the reverse of our Visual Recognition Chips."
The system can access up to three different chips at once. Programming cannot be incredibly general ("halo all firearms"), but can be semi-specific ("halo all automatic pistols"') to extremely specific ("halo all Malorian Arms 3516 Pistols") For use with Zetatech's Times Square Plus cyberoption.

All of these require Times Square Plus Marquee, (which I think would be a standard feature by '77.)

All of these would be good reasons to have various 'smart links' on display depending on what is being 'recognised'. Also, using more advanced Visual Recognition chips that could be programmed to highlight different objects in the HUD, in a similar manner to Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Chipware Sockets are an obvious choice for adding things to a HUD based on cyber eyes.

Corporate Visual Recognition - The Corporate Officer chip allows recognition of Corp officers,documents, and other operations, giving limited biographies on certain personnel.
Military Visual Recognition - Uniform and unit recognition. Weapon and Vehicle specs from silhouette ID's.
Police Visual Recognition - Visual ID's on criminals and licenses. References for auto tag hot sheets and APB's, etc. Plus daily/weekly crime SitReps. These chips will pull felons' records, vehicle hot sheets, etc. at the listed difficulty levels. Misdemeanors require different chipping.
Rocker Visual Recognition - With this chip you can identify certain instruments, recognize songs (when interfaced with cyberaudio), and display specific sheet music to your cyberoptic. Music company execs and talent scouts can be IDed if their images are preprogrammed into the chip
Secretarial Visual Recognition - With this chip, you can put a full reference file for all of your employer's clients, contacts and associates on the tip of your mind! Files faces, cross references names, indexes birthdays, personal data, previous appointments, letters on file (recorded with optional camera implant), and a100,000 number phone file.
Techie Visual Recognition - For ID'ing circuits, parts, tools, manufacturers, serial numbers, etc.

Shape Recognition - "Need to pick objects out of a crowd? The newest chipware from Direct Dataware can help! Program your specifications onto a blank chip, drop it in your socket and proceed to pick out the things specified by the chip, surrounding them with a colored halo. This is essentially the reverse of our Visual Recognition Chips."
The system can access up to three different chips at once. Programming cannot be incredibly general ("halo all firearms"), but can be semi-specific ("halo all automatic pistols"') to extremely specific ("halo all Malorian Arms 3516 Pistols") For use with Zetatech's Times Square Plus cyberoption.

All of these require Times Square Plus Marquee, (which I think would be a standard feature by '77.)

All of these would be good reasons to have various 'smart links' on display depending on what is being 'recognised'. Also, using more advanced Visual Recognition chips that could be programmed to highlight different objects in the HUD, in a similar manner to Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
Those sound great!

i like how the headsup display looks in the anime "Psycho Pass"

if the game will really feature both 3rd and 1rst person view, than something like this will lokk great in first person view

i like how the headsup display looks in the anime "Psycho Pass"

if the game will really feature both 3rd and 1rst person view, than something like this will lokk great in first person view

I'm always postponing that series (now watching Planetes for the first time... and loving it!) but it's just because I'm waiting for the perfect time to watch it (?... you can tell I don't even know XD). I've heard they're making a second season. Nice.
I really like how they play with AR HUDs in anime, it's very interesting what they can pull off with the kind of cinematography they have. I liked it how in GITS:SAC they sometimes drew your attention to how their pupils reacted to the HUD, which I suppose is kind of a useless reflex that's just the (prosthetic) body reacting to something it perceives as being nearer to the eye than the background, although it doesn't really need to focus on it, as it's not real.

I'm always postponing that series (now watching Planetes for the first time... and loving it!) but it's just because I'm waiting for the perfect time to watch it (?... you can tell I don't even know XD). I've heard they're making a second season. Nice.
I really like how they play with AR HUDs in anime, it's very interesting what they can pull off with the kind of cinematography they have. I liked it how in GITS:SAC they sometimes drew your attention to how their pupils reacted to the HUD, which I suppose is kind of a useless reflex that's just the (prosthetic) body reacting to something it perceives as being nearer to the eye than the background, although it doesn't really need to focus on it, as it's not real.

its really worth watching it, its a great anime

I'd figure that different masks/goggles should have different heads up displays, especially if they're standard hardware like a military/police officer mask.

i d love to set it up on my pref,but also would be just really cool to make it change as the equipment change.

It would be pretty cool if you didn't start with a HUD, and you had to buy the individual parts of the HUD and install them (which I'm pretty sure is what everyones says), and even cooler if there were different manufacturers for each bit so they'd display in a different manner, give you different notifications, display and organize your inventory differently, etc. But what would make it even better is if there was something that could cause your HUD installments to malfunction, like your compass shows every direction as South West, or your ammo display is representing every bullet with random number values giving you some absurd amount, or your mini-map starts losing chunks of areas. Things like that.

Great idea.. It is always great to have options..

Also, enemy NPC's should have HUD's as well and if you or one of your companions have high enough skill of hacking, you should be able to hack it and make them think they are under attack (health drops suddenly) or if they have something like radar software or heat seeking or whatever, you should be able to either make them think enemy is coming from somewhere else and ambush them or make them think an unbelievably large number of enemies coming their way.. (Something that might force them to run away and hide)

By the way, guys, do you know who else has HUD glasses? Gordon Freeman, thats who! :D Unless HEV suit somehow transmits all the HUD information directly into Gordon's brain, it has to be the glasses.. More you know.. :D

One thing I would like to see in the HUD is to see it in the game itself. Sort of like the one seen in The Division (watch the E3 reveal)

Apart from that, I'm relatively easy as long as it works. but I would like to see it ingame

One thing I would like to see in the HUD is to see it in the game itself. Sort of like the one seen in The Division (watch the E3 reveal)

Apart from that, I'm relatively easy as long as it works. but I would like to see it ingame

I totally agree. In some of the early posts in this thread the same idea was mentioned and it did pull some interesting responses.

I for one am totally for a 3D 'virtual' perceived HUD, based on in-game hardware.

Think Colin from Mona Lisa Overdrive. Also, Angies final 'view' would be awesome.

(i know I'm referencing the Sprawl trilogy a bit lately, but I just reread them. They rock. A Scanner Darkly atm and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep after that.)

It would be pretty cool if you didn't start with a HUD, and you had to buy the individual parts of the HUD and install them (which I'm pretty sure is what everyones says), and even cooler if there were different manufacturers for each bit so they'd display in a different manner, give you different notifications, display and organize your inventory differently, etc. But what would make it even better is if there was something that could cause your HUD installments to malfunction, like your compass shows every direction as South West, or your ammo display is representing every bullet with random number values giving you some absurd amount, or your mini-map starts losing chunks of areas. Things like that.

That sounds so perfect. I think the HUD malfunction thing could be love or hate depending on how it is pulled off

This I like. It has that feel that its on your eyelids, or maybe on a pair of contact lenses. Its curved to fit your vision.

I suppose the current shooter games with their minimalistic static displays have made the HUD a basic referal to four or five things fast. Yeah too much information is bad, but this isn't a game where we need to know the bare minimum (at least I hope not). Or even if it is, some aesthetic conditions just because is always nice for those who want it.

But again, minimal also has its place, so an on/off function for display functions would be ideal.

Best thing they can do for a HUD that you don't see in other games AND is in CP2020 the source material AND helps immerse you in the world is have a scrolling news and data feed across one of your borders - top, bottom or side. Ticker-tape style.

In CP2020 that is your Times Square Marquee cybereye option, obviously named for the famous New York display.

You can see a version of this in the trailer - now imagine that as a cybereye option that keeps you updated with in-game changes and whatnot. You can turn it off too, of course.

Best thing they can do for a HUD that you don't see in other games AND is in CP2020 the source material AND helps immerse you in the world is have a scrolling news and data feed across one of your borders - top, bottom or side. Ticker-tape style.

In CP2020 that is your Times Square Marquee cybereye option, obviously named for the famous New York display.

You can see a version of this in the trailer - now imagine that as a cybereye option that keeps you updated with in-game changes and whatnot. You can turn it off too, of course.

sounds good

Top Bottom