Headwears and hairs

+
One of the things I can’t figure out in this game is the fact that wearing a hat changes our character’s hair.
What I mean is that it is very nice to be able to customize your character if it is, in the end, to end up with results in game that do not fit with what we have created.
In life, wearing a hat does not suddenly grow hair or make it shorter, in any way.
I find this choice really disappointing because, if I gave myself the time to create a character as I wanted, at first, it was certainly not to see the game decide what it would look like when he/she would wear headwears.

What is your opinion on this subject?

here are three examples, the first pic being my character as created at the beginning of the game, then with headwears:
photomode_06022021_114236.pngphotomode_06022021_114333.pngphotomode_06022021_114303.png

That's because putting a 3d model on top of your hair would cause a lot of clipping, so you have toc reate a specific hairstyle for each headgear. And of course, they didn't create multiple hairstyles for the gear to complement your character's hair

DC9V

Forum veteran
I think it's a good solution.
Hair would go through the hat/helmet if it wouldn't change. Some customisation would be nice, like Haircut_1 / Haircut_2, but in the end V's haircut doesn't really matter - at least not for the storyline.

I'd like a hide hat option, Currently going around with any hat at all

Well, in fact, I don't wear any hat or ant other headwear at all since my character wouldn't look like what I wanted, at first. I know there's mods for almost everything but, truth is, I would prefer avoiding as much as possible to use mods...

No opinion specifically, but your character looks really good. Like a younger, fucked-up (in a Night City/cool way) of Female Standard Shepard in Mass Effect : )

Haha, thanks mate. I I did my best to create a character as realistic as possible ( well, at least, as realistic as possible in a cyberpunk world, indeed ).
Now you're telling me about ME's female shepard, yes, I can tell there's a very small similarity.
Ah, these redheads :)

I think it's a good solution.
Hair would go through the hat/helmet if it wouldn't change. Some customisation would be nice, like Haircut_1 / Haircut_2, but in the end V's haircut doesn't really matter - at least not for the storyline.

Indeed, it doesn't have any kind of consequence on the storyline but still, that sucks :LOL:

In one of my playthroughs I found a hat with no graphic. Wearing it didn't affect my hair at all, so that's what I wore for most of the game. It would be cool if someone could find that model and cook up a legendary 3 slot version.

Attachments

• 20210206122302_1.jpg
    20210206122302_1.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 264
Hmm... I had this bug on some shirt, I think it was a punk shirt, or something similar, I don't remember the right name. Everytime I find it, it's invisible...
Maybe some kind of fashion that our eyes can’t see yet? Go figure 😏 :sneaky:

One of the things I can’t figure out in this game is the fact that wearing a hat changes our character’s hair.
What I mean is that it is very nice to be able to customize your character if it is, in the end, to end up with results in game that do not fit with what we have created.
In life, wearing a hat does not suddenly grow hair or make it shorter, in any way.
I find this choice really disappointing because, if I gave myself the time to create a character as I wanted, at first, it was certainly not to see the game decide what it would look like when he/she would wear headwears.

What is your opinion on this subject?

here are three examples, the first pic being my character as created at the beginning of the game, then with headwears:
View attachment 11168558View attachment 11168561View attachment 11168564
Because much like the story, you have little to no control over your character's choices and your choices in design at creation. Thats what i see when i look at these issues.

That's because putting a 3d model on top of your hair would cause a lot of clipping, so you have toc reate a specific hairstyle for each headgear. And of course, they didn't create multiple hairstyles for the gear to complement your character's hair

Or in other words, the customization feature is added but they stopped the implementation in the middle halfheartly like they did with every other feature of the game.

If this game would be a ship it would sink as soon as its out of sight from the harbor.

If this game would be a ship it would sink as soon as its out of sight from the harbor.

Why do I have this picture of the Titanic in my head while reading to your post? 🤔 :think:
Although I am realistic about the current state of the game, I still remain confident about its future, if not through the studio, the community of modders will know how to make something good out of it... Let's wait and see

Why do I have this picture of the Titanic in my head while reading to your post? 🤔 :think:
Although I am realistic about the current state of the game, I still remain confident about its future, if not through the studio, the community of modders will know how to make something good out of it... Let's wait and see

I don't think many folks are waiting, the forums have become a ghost town lately and i don't blame them. Nobody will be playing this game in a few weeks anyway.

You mean, you keeped the faith that they will add enough life rafts some time? :>

Who knows, perhaps they come with the biggest surprise of the millenium at some point that all the cut content and unfinished stuff is only a preperation of a big surprise and when the bomb explodes everybody, even the biggest complainer only... like "wooosh, this game rocks so much i never had guessed.. and i always thought but now i can see the light bla bla" XD

oh sorry did i started daydreaming again? ^^

Who knows, perhaps they come with the biggest surprise of the millenium at some point that all the cut content and unfinished stuff is only a preperation of a big surprise and when the bomb explodes everybody, even the biggest complainer only... like "wooosh, this game rocks so much i never had guessed.. and i always thought but now i can see the light bla bla" XD

oh sorry did i started daydreaming again? ^^

OH, I thought I was the only one, heh

Hehe, no problem mate, no problem. As long as you're dreaming, it means you're alive. The one who stop dreaming is already dead, at least inside ;)
I'm not complaining, even though it could sounds like I do but, mark my words, I'm into gaming since my childhood, which was a long time ago when pixels and our imagination where our friends :')
So, It bothers me, indeed, but it doesn’t prevent me from enjoying some aspects of the game.
And as you said, only time will tell, as no one here can know for sure what the future has in store for us ;)

It's possible to deal with hats and hair appropriately but it does take extra artist and engineer time (and I suspect that's why we don't have it).

The general idea is that you define a band around the head that equates to how your hats rest on the head, and all hat assets conform to that standard. Then each hair asset has a default version, and a version that conforms to the defined restriction for a hat.

I suspect we won't ever see this change, but you never know. I'd love to have it.

Top Bottom