Health: regen or stimpack?

+
I haven't read all 121 previous posts, so sorry if I duplicatre content.

Big fat NO to any form of instant health regeneration. Terrible idea and it does not work in the CP framework.

Has 'stabilisation' been covered? If I have been shot to hell, the one thing that's more important than looking for a medic is making sure I will live long enough to get to them. Blood loss is going to be a major issue here. In CP2020 you made conseecutive saves and rising difficulties to avoid death and eventually, you would have to fail. I think the same needs to apply here. When you hit 'SERIOUS' you should start bleeding. That bleeding will increase your overall injury over time, (applied in the same manner as blunt trauma,) and it should increase in frequency as your condition deteriorates. Without being stabilised, your going to die.

For this reason, I think some sort of spray or slap-patch loaded with coagulants and stims should be available as a consumable. It should stop bleeding and remove a certain amount of damage incured from the blood loss. In no way should bleeding make a limb fall off.

Now, in CP2020 only 3rd parties could stabilize someone, you could not stabilize yourself. As 2077 is going to be a singleplayer game, I think that needs to be let slide. New drugs or tools need to be in place for thsi to work. Perhaps we can load up our biomonitors with some drugs, like auto-docs in ACPA. In 57 years, I can see an opportunity for miniaturisation in this field. Of course, there will be a limit to the amout of doses the monitor can hold. Not to mention that stabilization is not the same as real medical care.

So, if you get bogged down ina firefight, your not going to keep it up forever. The options are: GTFO of dodge or stay and hope you win soon, (or die trying.)

At best, I can see potential for some sort of device or nanite shot that can pull you out of mortal state, but thats it. Your still on the edge and one stray bullet will mean it's over.

Other than that. Medical care and natural healing. Although I would drasticaly reduce the healing times. Nanites are a good excuse.

And Trauma Team. Thats a huge YES from me. I would also like to ask for a Trauma Team Gold Card. They won't turn up any sooner but you do get a complementary cigar to smoke while you wait. A last smoke, just in case they don't make it in time. Another twist here is that your targets could have trauma team coverage... Who want's to tangle with a Trauma Team security squad?

Big fat NO to any form of instant health regeneration. Terrible idea and it does not work in the CP framework.

Has 'stabilisation' been covered? If I have been shot to hell, the one thing that's more important than looking for a medic is making sure I will live long enough to get to them. Blood loss is going to be a major issue here. In CP2020 you made conseecutive saves and rising difficulties to avoid death and eventually, you would have to fail. I think the same needs to apply here. When you hit 'SERIOUS' you should start bleeding. That bleeding will increase your overall injury over time, (applied in the same manner as blunt trauma,) and it should increase in frequency as your condition deteriorates. Without being stabilised, your going to die.

For this reason, I think some sort of spray or slap-patch loaded with coagulants and stims should be available as a consumable. It should stop bleeding and remove a certain amount of damage incured from the blood loss. In no way should bleeding make a limb fall off.

Now, in CP2020 only 3rd parties could stabilize someone, you could not stabilize yourself. As 2077 is going to be a singleplayer game, I think that needs to be let slide. New drugs or tools need to be in place for thsi to work. Perhaps we can load up our biomonitors with some drugs, like auto-docs in ACPA. In 57 years, I can see an opportunity for miniaturisation in this field. Of course, there will be a limit to the amout of doses the monitor can hold. Not to mention that stabilization is not the same as real medical care.

So, if you get bogged down ina firefight, your not going to keep it up forever. The options are: GTFO of dodge or stay and hope you win soon, (or die trying.)

At best, I can see potential for some sort of device or nanite shot that can pull you out of mortal state, but thats it. Your still on the edge and one stray bullet will mean it's over.

Other than that. Medical care and natural healing. Although I would drasticaly reduce the healing times. Nanites are a good excuse.

And Trauma Team. Thats a huge YES from me. I would also like to ask for a Trauma Team Gold Card. They won't turn up any sooner but you do get a complementary cigar to smoke while you wait. A last smoke, just in case they don't make it in time. Another twist here is that your targets could have trauma team coverage... Who want's to tangle with a Trauma Team security squad?

It has all been covered, but you summed it up pretty much perfectly exactly how it should be presented in the game with your post, so kudos...

well done, good explanation. thats how i want it to be

Firstly big no from me for hiding behind cover and waiting for regen.
I was gonna say I'd be fine with slow regen and using implants to regen, but then read Chris' post and that is so much better :)

By the way what kind of self heal implants and augs are there in lore?

It has all been covered, but you summed it up pretty much perfectly exactly how it should be presented in the game with your post, so kudos...

well done, good explanation. thats how i want it to be

Glad I get something right...

And as for what improvements are available in 2020; it's basically down to Nanosurgeons. They double your rate of recovery. I'm glad I went through all the lists again though. I had forgotten all about the auto-injector. Holds up to 5 does of drugs that can be adminitered by the user through their biomonitor.

Please, no instant heals. No hiding behind cover while your health regen.
Trama Team will show up if you call them. They will extract and stabilize you, then charge you a lot. If you have the card the charges will be halved. Trama Team will drop you off at a hospital, doc, or the street. Your choice.
Healing increases with ongoing medical care, but that costs.

Nanosurgeons and enhanced antibodies are cyberware that doubles your base healing rate. Speed heal is a temporary shot that that increases base healing rate at the cost of -2 to reflexes. Full spectrum booster is bioware that adds 2 to heal rate plus to some saves. Advantages in UI and other versions allow quicker healing rates. I think there is a drug named stabilize that when administered gives a bonus to saves. It could easily be kept in an autoinjector or on slap patches. I also remember autodocs in a supplement.

How should respawning be handled if you actually die? In our verse you can have yourself cloned. It would cost of course. For extra you could insure your ware and equipment so that you have backups when you die.

Please, no instant heals. No hiding behind cover while your health regen.
Trama Team will show up if you call them. They will extract and stabilize you, then charge you a lot. If you have the card the charges will be halved. Trama Team will drop you off at a hospital, doc, or the street. Your choice.
Healing increases with ongoing medical care, but that costs.

Nanosurgeons and enhanced antibodies are cyberware that doubles your base healing rate. Speed heal is a temporary shot that that increases base healing rate at the cost of -2 to reflexes. Full spectrum booster is bioware that adds 2 to heal rate plus to some saves. Advantages in UI and other versions allow quicker healing rates. I think there is a drug named stabilize that when administered gives a bonus to saves. It could easily be kept in an autoinjector or on slap patches. I also remember autodocs in a supplement.

How should respawning be handled if you actually die? In our verse you can have yourself cloned. It would cost of course. For extra you could insure your ware and equipment so that you have backups when you die.

OK, i think there should be health regeneration, but it shouldn't be instantaneous and it should only heal about 30% or 40% of our health. (Like in real life, you would heal but you would still need medical attention.) And if we die, they should carry us to a hospital and revive us somehow.. No cloning bullshit.. I hate that.. I really really hate that.. Cloned you wouldn't really be you, it would be a guy, running around claiming to be you.. I fucking hate that. Every game that uses cloning for that purpose is truly retarded. (I wanted to say that for so long.. Now i'm free..... :D )

OK, i think there should be health regeneration, but it shouldn't be instantaneous and it should only heal about 30% or 40% of our health. (Like in real life, you would heal but you would still need medical attention.) And if we die, they should carry us to a hospital and revive us somehow.. No cloning bullshit.. I hate that.. I really really hate that.. Cloned you wouldn't really be you, it would be a guy, running around claiming to be you.. I fucking hate that. Every game that uses cloning for that purpose is truly retarded. (I wanted to say that for so long.. Now i'm free..... :D )

There's the 10 mortal states, (as defined by Trauma Team,) so yeah we can die but as along as Trauma Team get there in time, we are 'technilcally' good. They will stabilize us before taking us anywhere. And they charge by the minute. (First thing I am getting is a Trauma Team account...)

And as I said, As long as we were stable and don't actually die, I am all good for us regening back out of a mortal state as long as we have some sort of item to do it with. A natural regen just doesn't feel right to me.

I really dislike health regen. I favor stimpacks and drugs, particularly ones that have interesting side effects.

Normal people in the Cyberpunk 2020 Universe Heal .5 points a day, 1 point with full bedrest.

There are Cybernetic options that increase this rate of healing.

Lifesaver Skinweave adds +1 point of healing per day. (Chrome Book 1)

Nanosurgeons double healing rate. (Core Rulebook)

Enhanced Anti-bodies add +1 points per day of healing (Core Rulebook)

Full Spectrum Booster adds +1 to healing (Neo Tribes)

Sabre Serum RNA mod adds +1 healing per day. (Interface issue 2)

In addition, there are drugs that aid in healing as well....

Speed Heal +2 points of healing per day (core rule book)

So if you do it right, and depending on how lenient your GM is and how much money you have, you could potentially heal 9-10 points a day by Cyber alone, and 12 points with speedheal.

However this requires a SIGNIFICANT expenditure of money and time, humanity loss, and a GM willing to allow it (most rule that not all options are compatible.)
Personally I disallow more than one Skinweave.... which means you are choosing between healing faster (lifesaver skinweave) and taking damage (normal skinweave which provides armor).

Speedheal alone is 2000 bucks PER DOSE.

Now Interlock Unlimited handles things a tad different, in that each wound you take heals separately... which usually makes for much faster recovery.

And even if you have an incredibly lenient GM who doesn't rule that much of that is redundant with each other, that's still only 12 points in 24 hours. Or about what a single good hit from a .357 will do. Just one hit.

No instant regen, thanks.

I think cloning should be for when you take that bullet to the eye that leaves your brains on the wall. Short of that you heal. I guess they could leave that possibility out of the game.

I think cloning should be for when you take that bullet to the eye that leaves your brains on the wall. Short of that you heal. I guess they could leave that possibility out of the game.

That's called reload from last save, or possibly in highest difficulty... game over, restart from the beginning...

No clones please...

I think it's more about making a tool out of deaths. I'd prefer game overs too but there are many ways get something out of failures that might be interesting even though they are overused

Seems like most of what I would want to see has been said by the regular crowd. No health regen in combat, no stimpacks or other instant healing items. Do have drugs to abate the negative effects of wounds, but boy are they expensive and perhaps illegal and addictive. Given that technology has progressed a bit from the 2020 setting there may be a bit of leeway in there but I really don't want to see that much. And if damage is done by location remember that cyberlimbs have their own SDP (hit points) separate from your own, one of the main reasons that they have such a high humanity cost.

Ah! the SDP point. Well said, Prod.

This bears some thought. I wonder if the Team is going to be instituting SDP? It's one of the defining characteristics of cyberlimbs and, among other benefits, means no stun/shock save to the cyberlimb, not death checks from 8 points of damage in one go. Substantial advantages.

Disadvantage is that it has to be repaired, of course.

Top Bottom