Health: regen or stimpack?

+
More of a Theme thing, really. They are trimming skills, so I can easily see that as one to go.

From a gameplay perspective, I find Repair type mechanisms to be more troublesome than fun. As soon as they are in the game, the creators apply them and apply them often.

I'd rather not have to worry about my Sternmeyer coming apart on me, unless it gets shot or we get blown up, or something.

I liked the repair system they had at least in New Vegas where you need another similar item to be able to repair.

I'm not sure if i want a system similar to that in in CP77. But if they make a similar system, i also want the jury-rigging perk. :D

Similar item repair works for me... the techies are going to have to be able to do something. And I can see some of the esoteric skills being ditched, like the expert skills, and paint or draw,.... But to techies and medtechs Cybertech is a pretty important skill, I don't see them ditching it.

'Similar Item' repairs, I think should be reserved for when a weapon will not work, so you have to use spares to fix it. Maybe specific spares - barrel, upper reciever, lower reciever, stock and bolt/igniter. 5 simple things. If you have 3 guns with duff barrels, you can't make a working one. Hell, pretty much everything else is fixable with Duct-Tape. (Speaking of which, I hope we have stuff like 'Nano-Tape' for general repairs. That sounds like some pretty funky stuff...)

General maintainance should come from cleaning and, well, maintainance. A gun-cleaning kit should cover that.

That is very cool. The carbon nanomachines harden into either a flexible weave or a solid crystalline structure, depending upon how you want to use it. I am gonna throw out all of my hundred mile an hour tape.

I see it as the evolution of Duct-Tape. Nanite impregnated polymer tape laced with metalic particles. Should fix anything...

If you had shared this idea with me BEFORE I did my last update, it would have made it into the gear section of Autumn Blade :p

No regen, no stimpack, one, two or three bullets, you can die, simple, crude, realistic. For heal, use ACE2 o CMS systems for ArmA2:CO. Exemple in a video.

That.... is complicated...
This is an addon for a simulator, if CD Projekt Red create a fast and clear system, based on this (based on real), convert a simplified version, easy and fast.
And other reason, all other games used the same booooooooooooreed system, you never die, you recive hit, go a covert position, health regen, and return to the combat, boooored, what is the reason for improve your character, apply uptades, apply cyberimplants, increase skill, when what you need is just take cover to regenerate life when you get hurt.
Please leave behind regeneration systems and potions, are tired of seeing the same boring system of life, which makes the fighting have no emotion, that people do not suffer for the life of your character, nobody covers the shots.

No regen, no stimpack, one, two or three bullets, you can die, simple, crude, realistic. For heal, use ACE2 o CMS systems for ArmA2:CO. Exemple in a video.

That's a complicated radial menu there. I feel that there is a need for something a little simpler. I don't mind a radial menu where you can 'Stabilise' someone as an option, though I feel some sort of resource should be consumed to do so, some sort of stimulat/coagulant cocktail in a spray or spray on bandage. We already have spray on plasters after all. Immediate attention should potentially get us out of 'mortal' danger, but we should need proper medical attention to recover, and that should also take time.

The actual damage system from CP2020 should be fine, perhaps with a little fine tuning. Certainly the "Listen Up" material worked really well.

The idea does not have to be exactly the video, what we must understand is the concept that a fight is very dangerous, and therefore must have very serious consequences. We must understand that we can not get into a fight calm, knowing that a magic potion or a life that regenerates save us, because then the combat loses its essence. A fight is an extreme situation where we die, and this must have consequences in the game.
Then you should designer a more realistic way of life, similar to simulators like ArmA / OFP, and healing system that fit that system of life and death. It can be a radial menu, or a list of cascade options, or we go camera showing every wound with a pop-down menu, any idea is valid, but we have a system more complex than a simple "Take your magic potion to live forever ".

Hm. Overall, there's nothing I disagree with in your post.

Being that they intend for this to be a sandbox game, I do expect a bit of "artistic license" in the way gunfights go down. Otherwise, we couldn't be the stars of our own little action movies, neh? ;-)

Agreed though; I'd like to see a better mechanic than the "healing potion / health pack" as usually seen in sandbox games.

As most of us have said in this thread, we agree with you. Though the system that you demonstrate is a bit too complex. It would take more time to navigate the system than it would to do some of the basic first aid, like hit yourself with some morphine or whatever the 2077 equivalent is, then throw a pressure bandage on it and hope you can get to it in time.

I think you should be able to use your first aid skill to assess a wound, takes 1 round. Then have a drop down menu that lets you know what you can do for it. This menu is based upon your skill and inventory. The menu will give some indication of your chance of success and how much time the procedure will take.

As an example: you take a round in the leg, you hit the first aid icon or whatever say you want to assess your leg, cue animation, then the list of options comes up and you choose what you want, computer rolls your first aid, cue success or failure animation. you may have to do this several times to the same wound to counteract failures or to do other things to the wound but each wound will only have to be assessed once.

As most of us have said in this thread, we agree with you. Though the system that you demonstrate is a bit too complex. It would take more time to navigate the system than it would to do some of the basic first aid, like hit yourself with some morphine or whatever the 2077 equivalent is, then throw a pressure bandage on it and hope you can get to it in time.

I think you should be able to use your first aid skill to assess a wound, takes 1 round. Then have a drop down menu that lets you know what you can do for it. This menu is based upon your skill and inventory. The menu will give some indication of your chance of success and how much time the procedure will take.

As an example: you take a round in the leg, you hit the first aid icon or whatever say you want to assess your leg, cue animation, then the list of options comes up and you choose what you want, computer rolls your first aid, cue success or failure animation. you may have to do this several times to the same wound to counteract failures or to do other things to the wound but each wound will only have to be assessed once.
I quite like this.

A radial menu, with say a 3 second spool up timer. Once your in, you can choose to apply items from one side of the menu, (subcategories sound like they should work - Stims, Coagulants, Sophorics, Patches, - though not too deep and obviously inventory dependant. If you dont have something it can be greyed out,) and pure skill 'maneuvers' on the other side. Perhaps even a seperate option on the dial for Trama Team Cards in the same menu. TT cards should aslo come with an 'Are You Sure' reminder as you are about to break it. Perhaps a small countdown timer can be displayed in the HUD, (if one is installed,) with a self adjusting ETA and an escalating price tag.

I quite like this.

A radial menu, with say a 3 second spool up timer. Once your in, you can choose to apply items from one side of the menu, (subcategories sound like they should work - Stims, Coagulants, Sophorics, Patches, - though not too deep and obviously inventory dependant. If you dont have something it can be greyed out,) and pure skill 'maneuvers' on the other side. Perhaps even a seperate option on the dial for Trama Team Cards in the same menu. TT cards should aslo come with an 'Are You Sure' reminder as you are about to break it. Perhaps a small countdown timer can be displayed in the HUD, (if one is installed,) with a self adjusting ETA and an escalating price tag.

That works for me....

Characters who have taken damage should remain damaged, and they should have no idea of how much damage they have taken, as in no health bar, UNLESS they have a bio-monitor implanted...

Unaugmented characters should not regnerate health, except when sleeping, and even then only say 1/4th of their health per day. Cybernetics such as Enhanced Antibodies, Nanosurgeons, should each allow up to 25% regeneration, and be stackable... while the drug Speedheal gives another 25% (50) if both healing cyber options are chosen.

Other than that, the only Healing options should be a visit to a medic, either a real hospital or clinin, or a ripperdoc. (Medtechs as a role, can heal themselves up to full on one nights sleep without cyber or speedheal, though they make the process faster)

Anyway, that's how I would like to see it handled.

Correct. No magic wand to heal you up. You can of course use more luck points or maybe additional bullet dogger perk during the character sheet creation to avoid critics more often but apart of that if you get a bullet you get a builet.
It's not fantasy its cyberpunk.

And of course Trauma Team Contract is a must have in the line of fire.

Top Bottom