Heartless by asking for News?

+
Basically what the title asks. Are the players being cruel or selfish by asking for news? Certainly CDPR has had a rough experience with the fan base in the last two and a half months, and providing both patches and updates on the patches leads to more dissatisfaction than gratitude. The recent ransomware hack must have felt like the poison cherry on top. So are the players that actually like this game and have put in hundreds of hours being selfish and treating them rudely for just asking for any word at all on where things stand? Obviously there's going to be delays in the forecast timeline of patch releases but is it too much to ask for even a hint that the development isn't hopelessly destroyed? I enjoy this game and it-s been helling me through a rough patch (even if there are some damn depressing quests within). There are some quest bugs, most often for me the calls that begin quests, and a fair number of cosmetic glitches that are irritating. But overall I'm still a commited fan. How much of a dick am I being to ask for some news that refinement of the game isn't hopeless?

Well last patch was only 14 days ago and them going radio silent and hopefully fixing stuff is how they should do it.

They made the mistake of promising way too much leading up to launch, so going radio silent for a few weeks while they fix stuff is the right call.

And with the ransomware hack the patching probably got a little delayed since they have to restore from backups, but if you play this on pc keep your exspectations low since fixing the console port is the NR 1 priority for them now.

Guest 4509026

No, you're being realistic, not mean. We ought to have heard something by now. Came back here after a month wondering the same thing: "Why haven't we heard anything?". Heck, I'm still waiting for them to give me my GoG refund their automated system promised I'd get when I emailed them months ago. After being lied to and robbed in my eyes, I could care less about being a dick to a company that screwed me over.

Why repeat the same statements? Theres w work in progress with a patch to be released this month. What more do you want to hear? Its good that there is no news because they would definitely put one if a patch was to be delayed.

Why repeat the same statements? Theres w work in progress with a patch to be released this month. What more do you want to hear? Its good that there is no news because they would definitely put one if a patch was to be delayed.

To be fair, patch 1.1 was released roughly this same time last month (around January 20th on a Friday). That was followed up by 2 hotfixes. Now, we haven't gone past the end of the month obviously and hell, they might even release something later today, who knows (Friday Feb. 19 for me). My wish is that as they work on the game, even a short message come out, just something to say, "We're still with you on this, it's not over, and we appreciate the words of concern as much as the anxiety that shows how eager fans are to keep playing this labor of love."

I don't think this thread will live for much longer since I doubt it'll lead to anything but arguments but let's do this, right?

It really depends on how you're asking for news. There is a vast difference between asking and demanding. There is also the question of why you're asking for news and how you present said reasons.

Are you a dick for asking if refinement of the game isn't hopeless. No? At least not in the way you are presenting it in this thread.

Is it a waste of your time? Probably, yes.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. CDPR is in complete damage control mode. They will not say anything until it is ready and they are 100% certain they will be delivering what they announce. Anything else will give more ammunition to the press, the potential lawsuits and to their own government who is scrutinizing them.

There is no doubt they are working on the game. To what extent is completely unknown and will remain so until whatever it is they are working on is ready.

I'll also reiterate this - you all need to seriously temper your expectations of this patch. It will not be the holy grail. It will not bring back any cut content or new content. It will be bug fixes and performance/stability improvement. Expecting anything more is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Basically what the title asks. Are the players being cruel or selfish by asking for news? Certainly CDPR has had a rough experience with the fan base in the last two and a half months, and providing both patches and updates on the patches leads to more dissatisfaction than gratitude. The recent ransomware hack must have felt like the poison cherry on top. So are the players that actually like this game and have put in hundreds of hours being selfish and treating them rudely for just asking for any word at all on where things stand? Obviously there's going to be delays in the forecast timeline of patch releases but is it too much to ask for even a hint that the development isn't hopelessly destroyed? I enjoy this game and it-s been helling me through a rough patch (even if there are some damn depressing quests within). There are some quest bugs, most often for me the calls that begin quests, and a fair number of cosmetic glitches that are irritating. But overall I'm still a commited fan. How much of a dick am I being to ask for some news that refinement of the game isn't hopeless?

Yes. The Patch will be ready when it is ready. If they release a bugged patch then the compliants will flow like acid rain. Leave them alone and let them do their jobs and learn to be patient.

I'd rather see a single bugfix every day than a couple dozen once a month, not only because it's more satisfying and a sign that work is being done, but because the big releases always seem to cause new problems that CDPR has to spend several days sorting out because they're not sure which part of the patch caused the problem.

I'd rather see a single bugfix every day than a couple dozen once a month, not only because it's more satisfying and a sign that work is being done, but because the big releases always seem to cause new problems that CDPR has to spend several days sorting out because they're not sure which part of the patch caused the problem.

Generally, this is a very inefficient approach to bug-fixing. When a title is "Early Access" / "Beta", this can be viable, as the core code of a game is not finalized. It's not at all uncommon for EA / beta titles to receive the unfortunate news that "prior saved games are no longer compatible" or a "server reset will happen on [date/time]".

But once all the pieces are put together and released, introducing a "small fix" that has not yet been finalized can often compound the work that needs to go into ensuring that the "hotfix" will not compound the future changes that may / will need to be made.

Thus, for fully released titles, patches will pretty universally be less common.

My opinion... It is not heartless to ask. Getting pissy about the lack of an answer starts down that path, though. Demanding that they answer questions from the forum is just being rude and doesn't deserve an answer.

Given that they are, hopefully, done recovering systems from the hack, I am thinking they might give us an update about when we can expect 1.2 (probably March).

What can they say? Not much.

We were on track for 1.2, but then we got hacked. Now we're delayed. That was pretty much the gist of the only public comment made by CDPR Management following media revelation of the breach.

The "roadmap" says the rest. Sometime in 2021. With them being hacked, and if a lawsuit successfully awards damages against them, things could change again.

In about 30 days, I'll have to trade space on the NVME for the fiasco that is MW5 and their much ballyhooed "Heroes of the Inner Sphere" DLC. Ironically, MW5 came off the NVME to make space for CP2077.

It's all just escapism folks. We're probably all better off just shutting down our PCs and trade the time we sit on our behinds playing these flawed, incomplete products, get out there, walk and enjoy the winter (or summer depending on where you are) sun. Get some fresh air, walk a few miles. Live longer, and ultimately happier. Instead of sitting here contemplating the shallowness that is an unfinished game whose uncertain future seems to have been beset by Greek Tragedy.

Shrug.

Last edited:
This notion that we should expect to wait longer because of the hack feels VERY reminiscent of the Valve hack, which occurred not long before they were supposed to release Half-Life 2. The "hacker" supposedly revealed that the game wasn't even close to being finished and the maps were still full of placeholders, though many speculated that Valve arranged the "hack" just to use it as an excuse to delay the game another year.

Top Bottom