Hearts of Stone: 2 quest breaking bugs (very mild spoilers)

+
Hearts of Stone: 2 quest breaking bugs (very mild spoilers)

1) In the quest 'Enchanting: Quality has it's price' i can't pick up the pickaxe, although i can visibly see it, i can't pick it up.

2) In the quest ' From Ofier's distant shores' searching the chest in the bandits hideout doesn't give me the intended loot, it's highlighted in red but it doesn't have anything quest related in there.

(I have patch 1.10 installed and i'm on ps4, if that helps)

It's a very bad sign to find 2 quest breaking bugs so early on, hopefully you don't break 10 things in the process of fixing these 2 this time.

Last edited:
I am having the same issue with the pickaxe. It's there won't let you pick it up. I've tried reloading and meditation but can't pick it up at all. Playing on ps4

Same 2 bugs so far.... I cant believe it... I have tried both missions and i have the same bug... And after the gigantic 1.10 patch the dancing werewolf mission still not working too.... Hope they fix thid asap

1) In the quest 'Enchanting: Quality has it's price' i can't pick up the pickaxe, although i can visibly see it, i can't pick it up.

2) In the quest ' From Ofier's distant shores' searching the chest in the bandits hideout doesn't give me the intended loot, it's highlighted in red but it doesn't have anything quest related in there.

It's a very bad sign to find 2 quest breaking bugs so early on, hopefully you don't break 10 things in the process of fixing these 2 this time.

Could you please contact us via http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/ ? We will need your save file for investigation. If you are not sure how to do it, please follow the path: Settings -> Application Saved Data Management -> Saved Data in System Storage -> Copy to USB
Please note that gamesaves come in pairs - one will be 16MB heavy, other one 1kb. Please provide also information about what game version you have - after save is on USB, file directory will look something like this - PS4\SAVEDATA\14ca82863eb5a141\CUSAXXXXX - we will need CUSA number.

Lots of players on PC are having crashes during a scene with Shani after the wedding quest @REDkatja

This one is related to Nvidia Drivers. We are working with them on fixing it as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Seriously, IN THE FIRST TWO FUC*ING mission?! I'm on ps4 but i am so frickin pissed that I cant pass the first two mission, I am playing like for a half an hour, are you serious? The problems are the same as OP, cant pick up axe, cant find the object in the bandits hideout. Nice start, ffs.

I'm having the same problem with the pickaxe as OP. Hoping for a fix soon.

---------- Updated at 02:31 PM ----------

can I send my save to you if OP doesn't send theirs?

You think this is bad? (I also have this problem on Xbox One). Try getting a quest breaking bug that literally prevents you from advancing the story line on Hearts of Stone. I love this game but these bugs and the problems AGAIN that their latest patch caused is so annoying. I can't progress past the 3rd wish in the story line and now I can't even do the runewords. Pathetic.

Could you please contact us via http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/ ? We will need your save file for investigation. If you are not sure how to do it, please follow the path: Settings -> Application Saved Data Management -> Saved Data in System Storage -> Copy to USB
Please note that gamesaves come in pairs - one will be 16MB heavy, other one 1kb. Please provide also information about what game version you have - after save is on USB, file directory will look something like this - PS4\SAVEDATA\14ca82863eb5a141\CUSAXXXXX - we will need CUSA number.

This one is related to Nvidia Drivers. We are working with them on fixing it as soon as possible.

I fixed my problem by rolling back to an older driver.

I can't even get past the wedding mission shani just stands there asking me what I want

---------- Updated at 08:10 AM ----------

Someone plz help this is very frustrating

Same two problems here on Xbox One. But I think it's not possible to send any data from Xbox One to you. Hope you will fix it soon. I'm too far to load an older save, and I don't want to play Hearts of Stone all over again (not now).

I can't even get past the wedding mission shani just stands there asking me what I want

---------- Updated at 08:10 AM ----------

Someone plz help this is very frustrating

Sorry, if you are on XBOX and and talking to Shani does not work for you, you will most likely need to reload previous save file - would be best to use one near crypt part of this quest.

Ok so what if I don't have those saves because I always delete my auto saves.........I'm just screwed huh one broken quest ruined over a hundred hours of my gameplay and time?

I'm having exactly the same issue on PS4 – I can't pick up the pickaxe, and as a result I can't continue the quest.

I'd rather not keep playing this save game, only to lose hours of gameplay if I have to reload to a much earlier save to fix the bug. @REDkatja - is this likely to be fixed in a patch soon, or should I reload an earlier save now (and if so, how much earlier)?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Top Bottom