Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine - two massive expansions for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Can't you link "any old game" to your steam account? Plus of course (or instead) there is supposed to be some functionality in the Galaxy client (if not now then in the future?)

Yes, you can, but linking a non-Steam game does not enable time tracking for it. The feature has been requested before and rejected.

Do I get the expansion packs in my collectors edition?

How could you ? Since they don't exist yet, they aren't even being made until post-launch TW3, they don;t bloody exist mate ! And if you mean some sort of automatic entitlement to future products... a collectors launch edition of a game has never promised future releases free too. Again I ask why in Meliteles knickers should it ?

Honestly, I cannot believe this question has been asked multiple times.

Last edited:
Yes, but you can buy the game and bouth of expansion packs 79€, so why would I not expect to get them for over 150 €. Yeah I get more things on the collectors edition, and they have packed collectors editions allready, I think. And those expansion packs probably will be only download from Internet, but they could send codes to stores and they could give them with collectors editions. Or sell expansion pack cheaper to those who buy collectors editions, but that is up to the seller/store.

And I know they don't exist, but that is not the point! And if they will make disc copy of expansion pack still you can buy them allready, so why not give them with collectors edition?

And I didn't say have to give expansion packs with collectors edition, I just asked do I get them with collectors edition. Big difference.

And I didn't say have to give expansion packs with collectors edition, I just asked do I get them with collectors edition. Big difference.

Well, to answer your question, no you won't get the expansions with the collector's edition. Hope we can move on now. :)

I apologise for my snippyness, but that question is just such a surprise to me.

Look, you do realise the REDs have spent 2+years making the product that launches next month, and only then will they get a payday for all that hard work. Your enquiry is asking for a sizeable portion of their workforces next year to be spent making fully featured products that they will then give away for nothing ? A years work?

Yes I realise that, and I will still buy bouth expansion packs, just want to know before I buy them, so I don't have two copys of bouth of them. And now I know I don't get them with collectors edition and will buy them when they come out :D

The Witcher 3 season pass (PS4)

Hello community i noticed today that the witcher+season pass is on the PS store...anyone knows if the season pass will get released independently i mean without the game?

It's an Expansion Pass, and it should have already been released separately. At least I know it is for PC and XBox One. Also you should be able to buy the expansions by themselves in the future I believe. There's no reason to rush by the way, the first expansion will come in 6 months, and the other 1 year.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Expansion Pass

I pre-ordered TW3: Wild Hunt for my PS4, I also purchased the Expansion Pass as well. My question is: Do we have to complete the whole story before we play the "Hearts of Stone" and "Blood and Wine"?

Well... since Heat of Stone comes out in October and Blood and Wine doesn't come out until 2016, I would have to say you will complete the whole story before you play the expansions either way.

Well... since Heat of Stone comes out in October and Blood and Wine doesn't come out until 2016, I would have to say you will complete the whole story before you play the expansions either way.

Makes sense, I will have multiple playthroughs by then...

Witcher 3 Collectors Edition

I pre-ordered the collectors edition on the day it was available for pre-order at GameStop & now I am hearing that the Expansion Pass will not be included and I will have to purchase "Hearts of Stone" & "Blood and Wine" separately? The only reason I purchased a physical copy and paid $150 for it was I believed I was getting everything that was going to be released for the game. Please send me a response as to whether the DLC's will be included with the Collectors Edition, if not I would rather just purchase the Digital version that comes with it for almost half the price.

I pre-ordered the collectors edition on the day it was available for pre-order at GameStop & now I am hearing that the Expansion Pass will not be included and I will have to purchase "Hearts of Stone" & "Blood and Wine" separately? The only reason I purchased a physical copy and paid $150 for it was I believed I was getting everything that was going to be released for the game. Please send me a response as to whether the DLC's will be included with the Collectors Edition, if not I would rather just purchase the Digital version that comes with it for almost half the price.

No, you probably didn't read all the details of the physical release. The reason it's so expensive is not because it gives you free access to any potential expansion pack, but because it includes physical items and disks which need to be manufactured and then distributed to actual stores. All those logistics and manufacturing add to the cost. If you want to avoid paying extra, you should better buy digital releases next time (for example on GOG).

Whether to charge or not for some expansion pack is really up to CDPR to decide, but I don't see why those who purchased physical editions should get preferential treatment here. They pay extra for the physical release, not for all potential expansion packs.

Anyway, since it's a pre-order you can potentially still cancel it. In such case you can buy the game on GOG with a good discount, if you already have first two games there.

Last edited:
I should have said they are "going" to win more than enough.

LOL. If your local bakery has success and sells a lot, are you going to tell them to give you your bread for free because "they win more than enough"? Please, this is ridiculous. They make a product a charge the right price for it, end of story. If you want to complain somewhere you can register on EA forums.

If you bothered to read what I wrote it would make more sense as the now called Collectors Edition was originally said to come with all DLC at release & future DLC. I couldn't care less about the metal case, sountrack, figurine, book, etc... I want the complete game & all future DLC which at this very moment is for sale in the Xbox marketplace. Yes, Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine included already available for download and under $80. So why would I pay $149.99 for the Collectors Edition that initially was to include ALL DLC but now does not?

If you bothered to read what I wrote it would make more sense as the now called Collectors Edition was originally said to come with all DLC at release & future DLC.

So, I checked that order page on GameStop: http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/the-witcher-iii-wild-hunt-collectors-edition/115387

Where does it say there that all future expansions will be provided for free? I only see that they say "16 free DLCs". Those are the same content add-ons that CDPR announced a while ago. Those are not additional quests, but stuff like extra armor and other minor add-ons. It says nothing there about any potential enhanced editions, more major expansion packs like additional quests and so on. May be you red too much into it. Not a problem, just cancel your pre-order if the store allows you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom