Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine - two massive expansions for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Yeah, I hope it's integrated with the main game maps and not be separate. Shadow of Mordor did the same mistake, the expansions were great with great new additions but making them standalone really pissed people off. Was a shame really, hope CDP doesn't go that standalone route.

Making the larger expansion separate from the main game would have its advantages, though. It would avoid problems related to balancing the gameplay, as XP/level and gear from the main game would not affect the expansion (and vice versa). It would make it possible for characters from the main game to also appear in Toussaint. Bugs related to integrating the expansion and its quests into the game would be avoided. It is not without a reason that other games choose this approach.

Considering that some people haven't quite yet forgiven the REDs for not allowing most of their choices, nor any of their equipment to carry over from Assassins of Kings, I'm rather inclined to think many of them would prefer a bit more continuity and integration between the main game and the expansions.

What I wonder at is just how much they've decided to change Shani from her first Witcher character. I imagine they may've deepened her personality a bit more. What I hope they haven't done is:
Made Shani drop the Witcher in favour of Thaler!

Considering that some people haven't quite yet forgiven the REDs for not allowing most of their choices, nor any of their equipment to carry over from Assassins of Kings, I'm rather inclined to think many of them would prefer a bit more continuity and integration between the main game and the expansions.

I guess most of those people do not consider the difficulties of the integration, though, and the compromises that would need to be made to implement it.

I guess most of those people do not consider the difficulties of the integration, though, and the compromises that would need to be made to implement it.

Perhaps not, but I was merely speculating on preferences, rather than technical viability.

Item of interest: GOG.com appears to have at last posted the download date for the first Expansion as October 31st:

http://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_expansion_pass

Nearly two months of waiting and anticipation to go! No further details yet, though.

Attachments

• HoS.jpg
    HoS.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Since the date given is the 31st, it could also just be a place-holder for "sometime in October". There were quite a few inconsistencies in stated release date for the main game.

Yeah, games and the like are almost always released on Tuesdays (but not always). October 31, 2015 is on a Saturday. So it probably won't be on the 31st and that date is just a place holder as Dragonbird said.

Edit: I should amend that to say almost always release on Tuesday in the USA. I don't know about other locations. But Witcher 3 did release on May 19th, which was a Tuesday.

Last edited:
With Fallout 4 just around the corner (November 10th) CDPR probably want to get Hearts of Stone out as early as possible in October.

Since the date given is the 31st, it could also just be a place-holder for "sometime in October". There were quite a few inconsistencies in stated release date for the main game.

A very good point, one which I didn't entirely rule out when I posted, thus my cautious 'appears to have . . .' .

Top Bottom