Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine - two massive expansions for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine - two massive expansions for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

“With the development of Wild Hunt coming to an end, the team has embarked upon the creation of two new really big adventures set in The Witcher universe,” says Marcin Iwiński, CD PROJEKT RED co-founder. “We remember the time when add-on disks truly expanded games by delivering meaningful content. As gamers, we’d like to bring that back. We’ve said in the past that if we ever decide to release paid content, it will be vast in size and represent real value for the money. Both our expansions offer more hours of gameplay than quite a few standalone games out there.”

Hearts of Stone will take Geralt on an all-new, 10-hour-plus adventure into the wilds of No Man’s Land and the nooks and alleys of Oxenfurt, where he’ll try to complete a contract from the mysterious Man of Glass. Caught in a thick tangle of deceit, Geralt will need all his cunning and strength to solve the mystery and emerge unscathed.

Blood and Wine, a 20-hour-plus tale that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret.

“While we’re offering the Expansion Pass now, we want to make one thing clear: don’t buy it if you have any doubts. Wait for reviews or play The Witcher and see if you like it first. As always, it’s your call,” Iwiński concludes.

The upcoming expansions will offer gamers new adventures, gear and foes and will feature characters both new and dearly missed -- all crafted with maximum attention to detail and quality by the joint forces of CD PROJEKT RED’s Warsaw and Cracow studios.

Hearts of Stone will premiere in October, while Blood and Wine is slated for release in the first quarter of 2016.
Both expansions will be available on all three platforms: Xbox One, PC, PlayStation 4.

For more information on obtaining the expansions, please visit buy.thewitcher.com.

Last edited:
well, well... locking my thread, huh CDPR....

Great to see some expansion packs being announced... The Toussant expansion alone is worth it... to bad GoG.com doesn't sell it yet (404 page)

Wasn't Oxenfurt in wild hunt already or am i missing something ?

Edit: Never mind. I read that the wrong way. It's pretty easy to make new content in such a huge world. I can be thick some times.

Last edited:
Please, no season pass.
And IMHO you should have annouce this after the release date.

I personally don't see this as a season pass. More like an old school expansion pack.

And as Mr. Iwinski pointed out:

“While we’re offering the Expansion Pass now, we want to make one thing clear: don’t buy it if you have any doubts. Wait for reviews or play The Witcher and see if you like it first. As always, it’s your call,”

I think CDPR are too quick to announce their stuff. It's so far away and while i'll be playing the game i will be wishing it was 2016 already. Also think that Hearts Of Stone will ad Shani into the game as they said they will introduce dearly missed characters. I can already see the enchanced edition down the road.

I think CDPR are too quick to announce their stuff. It's so far away and while i'll be playing the game i will be wishing it was 2016 already. Also think that Hearts Of Stone will ad Shani into the game as they said they will introduce dearly missed characters. I can already see the enchanced edition down the road.

I also wonder if Kalkstein will make an appearance in either of the expansions...

I think CDPR are too quick to announce their stuff. It's so far away and while i'll be playing the game i will be wishing it was 2016 already.

Yes, exactly. I love it that CDPR is doing an expansions, but announcing it 1 month before the release of the main game? That's way to soon, 6 months after the release of the game would be ok.

Oh my...I think I'm gonna faint..I just finished reading part of Lady of the Lake and seeing that we will get to go to Toussaint has made me very happy.

I also believe this. Although i am really excited to see them commited to give us even more areas to explore in such a great world, i can't shake the feeling that it was way too soon to announce it.

“With the development of Wild Hunt coming to an end, the team has embarked upon the creation of two new really big adventures set in The Witcher universe,” says Marcin Iwiński, CD PROJEKT RED co-founder. “We remember the time when add-on disks truly expanded games by delivering meaningful content. As gamers, we’d like to bring that back. We’ve said in the past that if we ever decide to release paid content, it will be vast in size and represent real value for the money. Both our expansions offer more hours of gameplay than quite a few standalone games out there.”

Hearts of Stone will take Geralt on an all-new, 10-hour-plus adventure into the wilds of No Man’s Land and the nooks and alleys of Oxenfurt, where he’ll try to complete a contract from the mysterious Man of Glass. Caught in a thick tangle of deceit, Geralt will need all his cunning and strength to solve the mystery and emerge unscathed.

Blood and Wine, a 20-hour-plus tale that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret.

“While we’re offering the Expansion Pass now, we want to make one thing clear: don’t buy it if you have any doubts. Wait for reviews or play The Witcher and see if you like it first. As always, it’s your call,” Iwiński concludes.

The upcoming expansions will offer gamers new adventures, gear and foes and will feature characters both new and dearly missed -- all crafted with maximum attention to detail and quality by the joint forces of CD PROJEKT RED’s Warsaw and Cracow studios.

Hearts of Stone will premiere in October, while Blood and Wine is slated for release in the first quarter of 2016.
Both expansions will be available on all three platforms: Xbox One, PC, PlayStation 4.

For more information on obtaining the expansions, please visit buy.thewitcher.com.

For me the obvious question is this one:

When one pre-orders a game one is usually rewarded with certain bonuses. What's the tangible benefit for the buyer of per-ordering the season pass right now, as opposed to delaying purchase for when it's released? Does he get a discount?

Additional question. Can we expect new or improved gameplay mechanics?

Last edited:
Top Bottom