Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine - two massive expansions for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Toussaint, you say? 30 hours of additional content combined, you say? Don't buy if you're not sure, you say?

CDProjekt Red, please.

I'm buying. RIGHT. NAU.

1) It's really strange to announce it before release of the game.
2) Isn't it weird that almost half and one year before expansions release we know what content it will bring ? It will make people suspicious that it was removed from the base game.
3) I'm 100% sure it wasn't CDPR decision. Spike/Warner Bros/Namco Bandai insisted on that expansion packs.

Profits wise its way better to announce the massive DLC before the game comes out. When the hype is at the highest level. Well played CDPR.

Now pricing is very important. They can come out as heroes if they sell it for less then everyone is expecting.

Blood and Wine, a 20-hour-plus tale that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret.
That sounds SO GOOD

I personally don't see this as a season pass. More like an old school expansion pack.

And as Mr. Iwinski pointed out:

Maybe. But I still think that this is not the right time to annunce the expansions.
There is already who say that tha game has been cut to sell DLCs.

mmm i think that 15 usd could be more suitable. but i have the 3 games on gog so i hope to have a discount like the one they gave me on the third game.

Everything sounds great but as mentioned above, announcing before the release will make people start saying that it was stripped from the main game to be sold after that. We know that this is not the case since Toussaint and stuff wasnt in to begin with but gamers are entitled by nature.

Also....the website exploded i think

3) I'm 100% sure it wasn't CDPR decision. Spike/Warner Bros/Namco Bandai insisted on that expansion packs.

This is not surprising because in 2013 when they announced strategy plan for CD Projekt SA Adam Kiciński said that they plan to do two large expansion 15-20 hours long. So you are wrong.

1) It's really strange to announce it before release of the game.
2) Isn't it weird that almost half and one year before expansions release we know what content it will bring ? It will make people suspicious that it was removed from the base game.

The game was originally scheduled for the end of 2014 but as delayed mostly to ptimize and polish the game. The quest and levels designers had month to work on this before the release.

And I sure hope that six month before the release of an expansion they already know what it will be about.

Well, as long as it's really something comparable to ye olden video game expansions or more recently the Fallout DLCs and GTA IV expansions, then I think it's very fair. Also it's still a ways off, I almost wish they hadn't announced it so early since especially going for a trip to Nilfgaard sounds very interesting.
I wonder when in the main story that is supposed to take place - perhaps it makes sense for it to be post credits since most people will have beaten the game by then?

Blood and Wine, a 20-hour-plus tale that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret.
[/URL].
Oh. My. God.
How.. How are you making me so hyped for an expansion for a game THAT ISN'T EVEN OUT YET! GOOD GRAVY I CAN'T EVEN

the cost it´s $20.99. and i don't have a discount mmmmm. a little to much i think. i will buy it because i really love CDP. but its pricey.

Proper expansion packs are all good and well. Season Pass idk. All I want to say is that I hope these expansion packs will be released at retail at some point. I wouldn't mind buying each pack at retail or both packs in the same package. Just bring the expansions packs to retail without DRM and I will be happy. Include the 16 DLC in the expansion pack at retail.

And on that note. Stop working on Witcher 3 already and get to working and finishing Cyberpunk 2077.

Toussaint is amazing news.
Amazing.

And big Oxenfurt focus means Shani. Yeeeah.

Now, I kinda wish you guys at CDP could dedicate whole team towards endless Witcher 3 expansion. After these two I want one taking place in Kovir. And then Brokilon. And also Nilfgaard itself.

In fact, I would be content just playing Witcher 3 for the rest of my life, maybe interspersed with some Cyberpunk. So get crackin'

:D

---------- Updated at 05:08 PM ----------

Toussaint is amazing news.
Amazing.

And big Oxenfurt focus means Shani. Yeeeah.

Now, I kinda wish you guys at CDP could dedicate whole team towards endless Witcher 3 expansion. After these two I want one taking place in Kovir. And then Brokilon. And also Nilfgaard itself.

In fact, I would be content just playing Witcher 3 for the rest of my life, maybe interspersed with some Cyberpunk. So get crackin'

:D

Top Bottom