Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine - two massive expansions for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
I agree, it's nice to know that more content will follow, but the annoucement right now before the actual release of the game isn't really a smart move.

i´ve paid 35.99 for the game. i had a 20% loyalty discount. for me 15 its a good number 20 its too much. im not going to fight this guys im a witcher fan boy too.

Hmm... Yeah, I think most had the feeling that one day we would great some great expansion packs.
As in paid DLC, but it's really early to announce that, I think. I mean fuck, The Wild Hunt is like 200 hours, that should be our focus right now.
Not what comes later, that should still have been a surprise! Maybe they did this to get pre orders to help fund it and see who interested at this point.
Who knows, It's cool but I didn't want to know this just yet. Oh well... lol to late, I can't un-know it now thanks :)

---------- Updated at 05:13 PM ----------

Hmm... Yeah, I think most had the feeling that one day we would great some great expansion packs.
As in paid DLC, but it's really early to announce that, I think. I mean fuck, The Wild Hunt is like 200 hours, that should be our focus right now.
Not what comes later, that should still have been a surprise! Maybe they did this to get pre orders to help fund it and see who interested at this point.
Who knows, It's cool but I didn't want to know this just yet. Oh well... lol to late, I can't un-know it now thanks :)

CDPR is trying to be cleaver with early expension announcment. I don't blame them tho I haven't played the game yet its smart to wait. Already bought 2 copies of the game another 20£ can wait.

Great news! Definitely wii buy that if it will bring discount to dlcs compared buying them all separately.

.......But that Blood and Wine DLC puzzles me quite a bit. How can Geralt plot wise suddenly go all the long way to south, to Toissant in the middle of tracking down the Wild Hunt and Ciri. Or is the dlc set after the main story in Witcher 3?

I agree, it's nice to know that more content will follow, but the annoucement right now before the actual release of the game isn't really a smart move.

Yeah. I mean, it's interesting they draw parallels to expansions from the previous generations. Because while they obviously also planned for those expansions before release back then, similar to what CDPR is doing now, most of them waited until after release to announce the expansions. This can sort of give the wrong message I think.

i´ve paid 35.99 for the game. i had a 20% loyalty discount. for me 15 its a good number 20 its too much. im not going to fight this guys im a witcher fan boy too.

So...you were given a discount, so you already paid less for the game, but now the price of MASSIVE expansion packs is too much? makes no sense to me.

Looking forward to know how this is gonna work with my pc collectors edition. I guess it counts as a boxed vision, but how will I be able to get the new content, if we can't register the game on gog? Maybe we will get a gog backup of the game afterall or something when we buy the expansion?

well thats your opinion. i live in argentina and the dolar its 12,5/1 of my coin. but well i can waint and see. i allready preordered the third game and the expansion will be available 7 months from now. its rally far on my calendar.

Would have liked to know more about it though. Haven't heard the word "expansions" for "mainstream" games for a long time. It's easier to make long DLCs in open world games, when you spend 2/3 of your time travelling.

Well, I expected many things during the last marketing push, this is not among them. I agree with some that it's a little bit pricey, not by industry standards, by CDPR standards (considering they've released two enhanced editions for free). I'll will buy them eventually anyway, but not right now.
I wonder how can I purchase them if I have the standard retail edition pre-ordered.

Also, isn't October a little late? I mean, there's a lot of time between May and October, the game might be forgotten by some by then (as crazy as it sounds). Or is it something for us, loyal fans? Fingers crossed for Kalkstein and maybe Shani. :whistle:

Oh, and REDkit might come out between May and October, that could help as well.

well i read that thay say that its a way to support the devs(it's a chance to pre-order the two expansions and even show your support for the devs). so when i get the check from my work i will pay for it in advance. i really like the devs and have high expectations for the game.

Well, I expected many things during the last marketing push, this is not among them. I agree with some that it's a little bit pricey, not by industry standards, by CDPR standards (considering they've released two enhanced editions for free). I'll will buy them eventually anyway, but not right now.
I wonder how can I purchase them if I have the standard retail edition pre-ordered.

Also, isn't October a little late? I mean, there's a lot of time between May and October, the game might be forgotten by some by then (as crazy as it sounds). Or is it something for us, loyal fans? Fingers crossed for Kalkstein and maybe Shani. :whistle:

Oh, and REDkit might come out between May and October, that could help as well.

Top Bottom