Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine - two massive expansions for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Hm, price looks a bit unproportional.

I mean, it's worth it, 30 hours of quality game for 25$ is a great deal, but compared to base game...

And in Russia Expansion Pass is more expensive than the Witcher 3 itself for owners of first two games (999 roubles and 959 roubles, respectively). That is just strange.

Personally I don't really like the early announcement, but I know why they've gone for this kind of timing and they seem to at least have said the right things.

30+ hours of content for $25? Yea that is some fucking good shit.
Sensibly calling them 'Expansions'? Yep, Yep.
Outright telling people if they have any doubt to wait for reviews? Fucking top shit.

Everything about the content and what has been said is perfect, Heart and Stone sounds like it's being made specifically to bring Shani back (It better have Shani) and Touissant? Fuck yes. However I still think in terms of making the correct move as a company, and PR-wise, even though they said the right stuff, they STILL should have held off to make this announcement, at least until around E3 or late-June.

I won't be buying the Pass, but I'm still very keen to hear/see more once we get closer to October.

Last edited:
Why everyone are suprised? :p

March 23, 2013:

- open REDkit beta and further support of the modding community

- premiere of the first non-computer game set in the Witcher world

- launch of a local branch of CD Projekt RED in the United States, focused on marketing and PR for both Americas, especially the US.

2014-2016

- launch of The Witcher 3 for at least three strong platforms including PC and PS4

- launch of Cyberpunk 2077

- two smaller (about 20 hours of gameplay) but top-quality games supporting one of the product lines
- a cross-platform mobile game based on one of CDPR's brands

- start of license sales for REDengine

- long-term Witcher 3 support involving completely new mechanics

- launch of the full version of the REDkit and further modding community support

- launch of further local CDPR branches in key territories

Great and totaly unexpected news! Toussaint is very good choice for expansion. .. And after Toussaint I would love to see Gors Velen and Brokilon and after that ... ok. ok, it is much too early for such dreams, but one can hope ;)
This will be a HUGE game!

Probably not the best pr move. Despite being good value, you probably should have waited to some time after launch. This might not go down well with people who don't bother to read the contents.

Last edited:
So the game Witcher 3 is not out yet and we already have 16 DLC announced (I did see one part of the DLC in the game already, guess it's being out of the game for DLC purposes) and now two expansion packs. I am a retail buyer. Will us retail buyers be screwed over again. Time will time.

I tend not to bother with DLC, Season Passes and digital expansion packs for that matter. If these expansion packs are content packed, it needs to be in retail for someone like me to buy it. I want more Witcher content. Let's not just have digital options for getting it.

Last edited:
We could sell extra content to gamers down the road, but we don't believe in that. Only something really big, and something that will not make you feel ripped off, justifies a price tag. If we ever decide to charge you for something, we think you will appreciate what you get in return.

- Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, July 2013

People really can't grasp that there's a clear distinction between free small DLC and full blown expansions.

Also Dalladrion, continue in that tone, calling people "sheep" and you might see yourself be greeted with moderator action.

As much as I like the fact that we're getting EXPANSION packs (YAY!), the announcement for them was far, far too soon. While CDPR most likely will get a "free pass" of sorts with it, (and in fact I've already seen some hints of that in various media), it was too premature nevertheless. Suits demanding things? Probably. Still, it's never a good idea to announce extra content before you have delivered the game itself.

it's not the deed itself that rustles our jimmies, it's all of the marketing done beforehand which had us believing that CDPR would give us the full game upon purchase

for example: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/26/the-witcher-3-dev-on-making-a-stand-against-paid-dlc

and as long as all of you sheep keep supporting this, they will have the means to keep giving us games for which you will have to pay additionally to have a full experience

Expansion =/= DLC...... get it through your head, and no need to insult everyone here

it's not the deed itself that rustles our jimmies, it's all of the marketing done beforehand which had us believing that CDPR would give us the full game upon purchase

for example: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/26/the-witcher-3-dev-on-making-a-stand-against-paid-dlc

and as long as all of you sheep keep supporting this, they will have the means to keep giving us games for which you will have to pay additionally to have a full experience
The first expansion pack of 10 hours is announced to come at October. Not June. That's nearly half a year after TW3 releases, of just 10 hours, and in already existing areas from what we can say. The next expansion pack is scheduled for Q1 2016. Do you really think that the content already exists and CDPR are just waiting for the date to release the expansion packs? Because that sounds like serious paranoia too me.

Also:

Baaaaaaa.

Last edited:
you can call it whatever you want, I still have to pay extra money in order to experience that content, the mask does not remove the object's properties

for example: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/...ainst-paid-dlc

Seriously? This is the stuff that I start to hate about the gaming community, sure there are plenty of companies at fault for cutting content out of the 'disk' and re selling it as day one DLC.... but this content is still half a year away, for the first expansion. The second expansion is a year away, you can't really blame CDPR for announcing this already. Especially when pre-ordering games a year before release (without delays, and I'm not just talking about TW3) is becoming normal.

---------- Updated at 07:16 PM ----------

for example: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/...ainst-paid-dlc

Seriously? This is the stuff that I start to hate about the gaming community, sure there are plenty of companies at fault for cutting content out of the 'disk' and re selling it as day one DLC.... but this content is still half a year away, for the first expansion. The second expansion is a year away, you can't really blame CDPR for announcing this already. Especially when pre-ordering games a year before release (without delays, and I'm not just talking about TW3) is becoming normal.

Great news!

I will probably wait for it to release before buying though, not because I don't trust it to be good but because it's €25 on GOG for me and that's quite a lot of money for Polish standards (you can buy a new, full-priced AAA game in Poland with this, maybe with exception of EA titles which are extremely overpriced in here)

Great news!

I will probably wait for it to release before buying though, not because I don't trust it to be good but because it's €25 on GOG for me and that's quite a lot of money for Polish standards (you can buy a new, full-priced AAA game in Poland with this, maybe with exception of EA titles which are extremely overpriced in here)

Just out of curiosity, how much are they charging for EA titles there?

Last edited:
Also, isn't October a little late? I mean, there's a lot of time between May and October, the game might be forgotten by some by then (as crazy as it sounds).

Not if the Linux version will be released in autumn. I doubt the game will be forgotten for a long long time :)

Yeah it would be a nice perk if the season pass was included with the Collectors Edition seen as it ended up being nearly a 1 year pre order, saying that its in no way a deal breaker for me....I'm more than happy getting the statue and medallion with my Collectors Edition :)

Top Bottom