Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine - two massive expansions for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Sad news... If they continue working on expantions for next year Cyberpunk wont come out for next 2 years.

Personally I want to switch only to PS4 for games. I rather spend money on car parts then new PC.

I'm counting on 2016 release date... the team grew enough to work on both projects...

Last edited:
Well crowdfunding is usually required to even start developing the game ( at least more of the time), while pre-orders are usually the mark where you can start earning money back. If the pre-order is a long time away from release then i understand but that's not always the case i suppose.

In any normal case, earning money back happens when you provide a product for your customer. That's a norm. Crowdfunding is an investment in the project, and pre-ordering is you loaning your money to developers until the time you get the game (then it becomes a purchase). Out of the two, I think crowdfunding is better, at least to my taste. It doesn't always happen to fund the project from the ground up (it can of course). At times it's used to finish something that was already in the works.

Sken

Forum veteran
Bought, thanks CDPR, this is an expansion for the fanbase.

With many new people entering the franchise for the first time with the Witcher 3, I can't see any of these people buying this until they've played the game.

Hi,
i just read the news here: http://thewitcher.com/news/view/991
And I was wondering, if you have bought a retail copy of the game, could you buy the season pass on GOG and access to it trought the reatil copy?

Amazing expansions BTW

According to GOG the retail version will only work with the GOG expansion packs.

The boxed PC version of the game is compatible only with the Expansion Pass sold on GOG.com

Never said I paid for pre-orders either. And from my point of view yours is the logic fallacy. I have seen too many promising Kickstarters succeed then churn out crap that had nothing to do with what was promised. At least with pre-orders you can cancel out before release if something doesn't look right. I grant you that I did pay for my Witcher 3 pre-order on GOG but that was with the money back condition.

Investment is not a logic fallacy. It's an approach that takes risk into account. Investment can succeed, as well as it can fail. It's up to you as an investor (i.e. a participant of the crowdfunding campaign) to evaluate your odds. I.e. it's not 100% guaranteed, and yes, there are known failures. And people can invest in what they are interested in.

(...).

If someone wants to buy it and support CDPR without seeing what the content is.. so what? Thats their prerogative. How they choose to spend their money has no bearing on the rest of us. (...)

Absolutely.
But the question - rhetorical - then becomes whether that is in his best interest as a consumer or not.
Why should anyone pre-order this pass when 1) very little by way of specifics is known about the content, 2) The price point is actually less appealing than that of the standard title, and, last but not least, 3) it seems there's no benefit associated with pre-ordering?

I think this is the question REDs would be well advised to answer.

Last edited:
Investment is not a logic fallacy. It's an approach that takes risk into account. Investment can succeed, as well as it can fail. It's up to you as an investor (i.e. a participant of the crowdfunding campaign) to evaluate your odds. I.e. it's not 100% guaranteed, and yes, there are known failures. And people can invest in what they are interested in.

Cool then I can simplify my stance on this by saying it's silly to invest in an unproven product.

http://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_expansion_pass

@Vincentdante
Confirmed on gog.com that boxed PC copies will get "gog keys".

EDIT: did some further research and I think there is a miscommunication, I'll hold my horses for now.

Last edited:
doesn't matter why, the past does not dictate the present/future, you never know what you will get, and should question everything, some things less than others due to reputations, but still, things change, be ready for it

You... are correct in that. The past does not make the future bright. Still, as a "sheep", I can sense from whence the wind is blowing. And if CDPR ever gives me enough reason to doubt them, they will suffer the same fate that Bioware already has.That is I guess the point of it all. You always watch the ones you love. Because you do love them. Until the moment you no longer don't.

Last edited:
Good grief. People will always find something to complain about. Me on the other hand, I'm happy they announced their plans for their expansions today. Too many times have devs been asked "Will this game be supported with worthwhile content" with the question answered with either "Yes or No comment" answers and you're supposed to just trust them and buy the season pass on faith alone. Sometimes they will say "Oh yeah, four DLC after launch." Those DLC could be anything. This example would fit well with AC:BF. Their one story DLC was literally four hours long... IF THAT and was followed by a few cosmetic and multiplayer DLC. With this you know what you're getting and compared to what other companies have been giving recently in their "expansions" this is almost assuredly worth the money.

Cheers CDPR, definitely will buy. I know you guys deserve all the money I give.you. Keep being awesome.

Last edited:
Sounds good to me. Nice to know the game is going to be fully supported with post launch content. So long as it's not day 1 payed DLC or exclusive DLC, I'm fine with how things are handled.

I think a better option would be to put it on my wishlist and wait for a sale :)

To be honest that's what I do with every videogame. It's just that I want to play everything and can't afford to spend a 40-50ish in a SINGLE game and also when I play I want to play all the game has to offer in one run. That's why I wait months or years for a videogame:
- Full package (all dlcs and expansion alltogher (goty editions and such))
- Low price
- Less (or no more) bugs
- (More) mods.
That doesn't mean that YOU or anyone SHOULD wait because CDPR announced expansions, I'm just saying that I'll do because that's my way: with EVERY videogame.

I am surprised that CDPR has not waited for TW3 to come out first before mentioning the two expansions.

I will still buy them but will wait for more info like will they be playable after TW3 is complete or can we play them before the ending of TW3 and other info?

Top Bottom