Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine - two massive expansions for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Hey.

Anyone can tell me where the expansions will take place in the storyline of the witcher 3? After the ending? It would be a bit strange with all the different endings. Or like a totally new game from level 1 placed somewhere before the ending? or mayíbe it will be integrated into the main storyline, but you have to restart the game then? I mean not like if that would be a bad thing, i'm planning on replaying anyway! :D

I'll buy it anyway, but I'm really curious about this.

As far as I know (it was mentioned somewhere, but I can't recall where I came across this piece of info) the expansions would take place during the events of the Wild Hunt, so I assume that they will be somewhat related to the main plot. We'll see.

Also I'm quite curious whether these two expansions will be the last pieces of expansions we get for TW3. Since Both will be released by the first quarter of 2016, I hope that we will get a nice, big, meaty final expansion for the game in '16. CDPR stated that 2015 and 2016 will be all about The Witcher 3 after all. Also here's hoping for a "definitive" or enhanced edition being released sometime, including all the dlcs and expansions and probably something extra (additional scenes, missions, probably a few additions to the endings etc. and DX12 support).

Hi Guys!

Is there a region restriction for the Season Pass? Issue here is that I already have a US PSN card for the expansion pass but my game is R3(asian) I have both US and Asian accounts, should I proceed in buying the Pass through US PSN store?

Answers would be appreciated! Thanks!

Which makes me angry, to erase a great character this way (two lines basically), CDPR are evil bastards. :p
And Shani is not very likely to show up either...

Since I know this, I take any chance to kill the witch hunters. I hate even more the Order of the Flaming Rose. Both Novigrad and Oxenfurt needs to be purged by Igni.

As we know that will be the last game of Geralt adventures for us. So i really want to see new content in future expansions-Makhakam, Nilfgaard,Dol Blathana,Brokilon and to see what world will bring Nilfgard to non-humans. Also want to see the Lodge revival and finishing the quest with Phillipa and continuation -with Shile. See Margareth Lo Antile in Arethuze,Shani in Oxenfurth, Adda in Vizima/Novigrad, Iorvett and Saskia story in Zerrikania or other lands and off course more monsters and witcher gear. Let every continent have at least one type of witcher gear -not to some specific school gear, just gear made for witchers. Not like gambezon/aketon/cuirasses like but like witcher gears and starting armour and Temerian/Nilfgard armor-light, flexible.

Last edited:
Will the DLC expansion take place after or during Geralt's adventure?

I'm planning on buying the season pass for the upcoming DLC expansion. But, does anyone know when those stories actually take place? I'm currently playing on my second playthrough and I don't want to finish the story with every side activities done only to find out that I can only play the expansion before the main story end. Will you be able to play DLC regardless of where you are within the game? A clear answer would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
As we know that will be the last game of Geralt adventures for us. So i really want to see new content in future expansions-Makhakam, Nilfgaard,Dol Blathana,Brokilon and to see what world will bring Nilfgard to non-humans. Also want to see the Lodge revival and finishing the quest with Phillipa and continuation -with Shile. See Margareth Lo Antile in Arethuze,Shani in Oxenfurth, Adda in Vizima/Novigrad, Iorvett and Saskia story in Zerrikania or other lands and off course more monsters and witcher gear. Let every continent have at least one type of witcher gear -not to some specific school gear, just gear made for witchers. Not like gambezon/aketon/cuirasses like but like witcher gears and starting armour and Temerian/Nilfgard armor-light, flexible.

I think this ammount of content isn't possible to achieve without sacrifice Cyberpunk 2077. The only way is giving space to the modding community.

I think this ammount of content isn't possible to achieve without sacrifice Cyberpunk 2077. The only way is giving space to the modding community.
I agreed. Maybe that are work for future expansions or future games if that is possible.

I'm planning on buying the season pass for the upcoming DLC expansion. But, does anyone know when those stories actually take place? I'm currently playing on my second playthrough and I don't want to finish the story with every side activities done only to find out that I can only play the expansion before the main story end. Will you be able to play DLC regardless of where you are within the game? A clear would be appreciated. Thanks!

Like many others, I'm also very curious about this. @Michal Janczewski , @Marcin Momot , would either of you be willing to shed some light on the matter, please? Will the Expansions extend the main game, or will they resemble the additional adventures from The Witcher, like 'Price of Neutrality'? If we know this ahead of time, it could help decide some people, who may still be uncertain if they'll buy them.

Last edited:
Like many others, I'm also very curious about this. @Michal Janczewski , @Marcin Momot , would either of you be willing to shed some light on the matter, please? Will the Expansions extend the main game, or will they resemble the additional adventures from The Witcher, like 'Price of Neutrality'? If we know this ahead of time, it could help decide some people, who may still be uncertain if they'll buy them.

Obviously possible to play it even if you finished the game. Timeline wise though it takes place during the main story and not after it's over.

Obviously possible to play it even if you finished the game. Timeline wise though it takes place during the main story and not after it's over.

Ay, that much is clear, but it's still a question of 'how?'. That's why I'm asking them whether they'll integrate into the main game, or merely be side adventures, separated from the main game.

Well, if this isn't a strong case against TW3 being the last game with Geralt, then i don't know. I say, whatever, let it be a 4th Geralt game after Cyberpunk, right? :)

Please Add Yennefer to the expantiosn

question: will it be possible to go back to this new expantion maps after comlpeting the main quest's? like any other map in tw3

Should be. Already bought the expansion because I have faith in CDPR.
But i'm not surprised if CDPR suddenly decides to release a post-game content with all the commotion going around the forum

But what matters is, I hope the DLC content will shed some light on the epilogue and the empty-world after the ending as well.

Last edited:
I'll buy seasonpass for the witcher 3 on ps4 once i get back home, i had that game since thurstday and i havent even made it to play more than what.. 6 hours.

Please can we have an expansion pack with Iorveth and the Scoia'tael? They were half of Witcher 2 and seem to have been left in the cold. Just love that badass!
Oh, and have just completed Witcher 3, loved my particular endings, must have made the right choices. Brilliant game.

Well, if this isn't a strong case against TW3 being the last game with Geralt, then i don't know. I say, whatever, let it be a 4th Geralt game after Cyberpunk, right? :)
I will also make Cyberpunk a Geralt game by creating a character that looks like Geralt.

And if I was rich enough I would hire Doug Cockle to read the lines for me as I was playing, but unfortunately for now I have to stick with my character only resembling Geralt and not sounding like him :p

Last edited:
Hearts of Stone takes place around No Man's Land and Oxenfurt so it makes sense for it to happens during the main game, but Blood and Wine takes place in a new region (Toussaint), it would be weird for Geralt go there to some unrelated area while he is searching for Ciri around Velen, Novigrad and Skellige... :ermm:

Top Bottom