Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine - two massive expansions for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Hearts of Stone takes place around No Man's Land and Oxenfurt so it makes sense for it to happens during the main game, but Blood and Wine takes place in a new region (Toussaint), it would be weird for Geralt go there to some unrelated area while he is searching for Ciri around Velen, Novigrad and Skellige... :ermm:
If whatever happens in Touissant somehow ties to the Wild Hunt and/or Ciri, then I can see it being perfectly doable. It could be like an additional, if optional, branch of the main story, or appear as such until you get there and figure out that it's something else, entirely.

But that would be problematic to anyone trying to play the BLood and Wine after the main story ended....Why look for her there if i know she already defeated the White Frost and i helped her becoming a Whitcheress?

The game is really big, starting a newgame for play the expansion may not be a viable option to some people...

But that would be problematic to anyone trying to play the BLood and Wine after the main story ended....Why look for her there if i know she already defeated the White Frost and i helped her becoming a Whitcheress?

The game is really big, starting a newgame for play the expansion may not be a viable option to some people...

If it addresses the boring epilogue and adds value after finishing the game, why not?

Votes for post-epilogue content are overwhelming. people are not interested in playing 'before the final boss battle' when they have completed the game.
Totally spoils the immersion.

Should've have went for 1 during timeline DLC and 1 post-epilogue or at least Pre-epilogue DLC. The epilogue is so vague. Very disappointed.
After hours working on that romance quest, you can't even see Yen or Triss.

I can't believe CDPR made the world such as empty place after completing the game (by eliminating all the main characters, even Yen & Triss wtf) & so far no announcement have been made to address the issue.

Sorry CDPR but if you say this is the final trilogy for Geralt, I'm not sharing the same opinion with you; It's not a fitting way to end Geralt's story. So many details and areas that were overlooked. Now i'm having second thoughts of recommending the expansion to my buddies and folks out there

Last edited:

Basically for now almost everyone would have a problem who starts the game before finishing it because of balancing issues. From that point of view I wouldn't be surprised if CDPR at first keeps the expansion seperate from the main game. And for example you can import your character in the expansion or something like that. We'll see but I doubt they'd force us to go through all of it again for every expansion.

Should CDPR release an enhanced edition at some point they could properly integrate both expansions and adapt the difficulty settings so the whole thing works. But as long as not every expansion is out there this seems rather problematic.

I got a hunch "Blood and Wine" happened between a wedding or some sort of ceremony or festival.
I don't know why I said that but i just said it...

Maybe this has been asked before but will CDPR consider to create another witcher game using the current witcher 3 engine but continuing the storyline rather than 2 expansions?

I will also make Cyberpunk a Geralt game by creating a character that looks like Geralt.

And if I was rich enough I would hire Doug Cockle to read the lines for me as I was playing, but unfortunately for now I have to stick with my character only resembling Geralt and not sounding like him :p

Once Cyberpunk comes out we should do a tiny kickstarter for thhis particular reason :p After all, I'd be surprised if it's more than 15 K EUR for the entire 2-3 month long project

And looking at how easily Star Citizen embezzled millions, I'm sure we can get several thousands without a problem :p

Last edited:

Shani looks hot :wub:

OMG, that's it , there are no more excuses!!! Where is my credit card? Just give me 5 min, i am going to buy these expansions!!!
p.s. DONE !!!
:victory:

Last edited:
Top Bottom