Hearts of Stone. Game crash (Spoilers)

+
Hey OP, can I also get you to go watch some of the new films coming out this year and tell me how they end too????

Thanks for the freaking spoiler in the title!... a-hole...

This some steps can fix problem: 1. install driver 352.86 (was done for TW3)
2. Set graphic quality in low. Turn off all in AA settings, make window mode
3.Press space to skip all dialogs. The game can freeze even with it, but atleast u can try. It helped me in 3 time
Hope it will work for u. ^^

Got past it by turning everything on low and spamming the skip button. Real bummer to have to Youtube the scene, completely takes me out of it.

Last edited:
did u install past drivers?

---------- Updated at 01:27 AM ----------

Try to make it сouple times. The first freeze was when scene started, then after the night on the beach. And then it worked fine. Did it 3 times

Try to make it сouple times. The first freeze was when scene started, then after the night on the beach. And then it worked fine. Did it 3 times

Did it 9 or 10 times. Always freezes on the same scene. If i skip it, it freezes during the dialog.

Last edited:
What it says in the title, as soon as the scene on the boat with Shani starts the game crashes, saying that "Windows Kernel Mode Driver, version 353.30 stopped responding and has successfully recovered".

Upgraded my drivers after to the latest version, but still this happens every time the cutscene starts, any help, CDPR?

Thanks for the spoiler in the POST TITLE.

fuckwit...

Hi all,

I set the game to minimum settings on the latest Nvidia drivers and was able to progress through the bugged cutscene. Using a GTX 760 on Windows 10 with the latest drivers.

Hi all,

I set the game to minimum settings on the latest Nvidia drivers and was able to progress through the bugged cutscene. Using a GTX 760 on Windows 10 with the latest drivers.

I tried that aswell. Didn't work for me. Using a Nvidia GTX 770. Windows 7.

Hey, have you also turned off all the after-processing effects (I think that's what they're called)? Blur,... The game should be the absolute minimum. I also only set the video settings to the lowest without turning all the effects off at first. It crashed again, then after also turning all the effects off it got through the cut-scene. I'm running GTX 760 as well, though.

Hey, have you also turned off all the after-processing effects (I think that's what they're called)? Blur,... The game should be the absolute minimum. I also only set the video settings to the lowest without turning all the effects off at first. It crashed again, then after also turning all the effects off it got through the cut-scene. I'm running GTX 760 as well, though.

Yeah. At this point I've tried to go through all the dialog before the crash like 20 times. I'll just wait for an update from Nvidia or CDPR to fix the issue. It sucks, but I don't got any more patience with this issue.

Have the same problems. GTX660Ti (2GB).
It's really frustrating. It started crashing at the moment when boat appears during the scene with Shani. At this moment I didn't manage to avoid crashes. However I managed to move further through the scene.
Here's the list of things I did to move further:
First crashing point - Crashed when the front of the boat appears (Geralt and Shani not visible yet)
Turned off Vsync - Crashed at the scene where Shani and Geralt are in the boat talking
Downgraded Nvidia driver to 358.50 - Crashed in the middle of the lovemaking scene

I will wait until the official fix is released, as it completely ruins the game for me. I could try turning off other things and it might help but all these retries and scene skipping makes it very tedious.
I didn't have any issues with the game until this moment so it's definitely the dev's problem to fix.

Bump. Tried again this morning. Still the same, got a little bit further in the scene though, but it still crashed.

I gave up already. Just said Shani to go back to wedding. I'll be playing this expansion couple more times so I don't regret. At least i can normally play the story...

Same problem here. Screen turns black right before sex scene and then game crashes. (Win 7, GeForce GTX 760, Steam version)
Its seems that game does something bad to your drivers because i had a video in a second window and it turned black too. (and it was black until i restarted the player) Same thing can happen when you installing new drivers while watching a video.

Last edited:
Top Bottom