Hearts of Stone. Game crash (Spoilers)

+
Hearts of Stone. Game crash (Spoilers)

Moderator edit: During the Shani sex scene

What it says in the title, as soon as the scene on the boat with Shani starts the game crashes, saying that "Windows Kernel Mode Driver, version 353.30 stopped responding and has successfully recovered".

Upgraded my drivers after to the latest version, but still this happens every time the cutscene starts, any help, CDPR?

Last edited by a moderator:

BazAU

Forum regular
Can also report the exact same crash in the same spot for the same reason. Updated my drivers and verified the game files. Still happens. Can't progress through the game now.

Happens for me too. As soon as they go into the boat the game crashes. (I'm not using any mods). I'll wait until this is fixed before I progress. I was so excited for this expansion, now I have to wait even longer. gaaawd.

Playing on PC. Same happens to me in the boat scene. There's nothing like that on PS4/Xbox One.
Damn, never gonna buy anything on PC from CD Projekt RED.This is so stupid to wait for another fix/patch.

Last edited:
Game crashes for me aswell during the scene on the boat. Tried replaying it a couple of times and nothing happens. Hopefully there's a fix out for it soon or something.

I had the same exact problem. I fixed this by reducing all my settings in game to low. All post processing and other extra effects to off or low in game. My resolution remained at 720P. Also went to borderless window. I also rolled back my drivers from the latest invidia ones for battlefront to this one but rolling back drivers by itself didn't work for me until I turned everything off and went to minimum.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

got past it by reducing every setting to low, didn't roll back drivers though, thanks for the advice

Tried setting everything to low, still nothing =( Crashed again at the start of the boat cutscene...

I managed to fix mine! I rolled back my drivers and it worked fine.

Nvidia? And how do you roll back a driver?

Edit: Tried settiing everything to low. Still crashes... Now to figure out how to roll back drivers.

Last edited:
same problem tried everything (rolling back nvidia driver , lower the settings etc...) game still crashing :/

Same problem here. I turned down my video settings as previously suggested and it still happened. Game crashed 3 times on me always at the same place... just Geralt and Shani get on the boat together and the boat starts to move across the screen from right to left, and stops. The audio continues.

I get the error message: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. NVIDIA Windows Kernal Mode Drive 353.62 has stopped working.

Are you all using an Nvidia card? Then it must be Nvidia driver issue. I'm playing with an AMD card and I just finished that mission without any issues.

Top Bottom