Hearts of Stone just appearing?

+
Hearts of Stone just appearing?

hey guys,

so I picked up the game of the year edition a few weeks ago which comes with all the dlcs. From what I’ve heard, Heart of Stone is supposed to be in your quest journal from the start of the game. I just received this quest in my journal yesterday. I’m several hours as well as like two weeks into this game. These dlcs along with the main game were fully installed weeks ago and they are apart of the GOTY edition. This makes no sense. Is this normal? Worried that Blood and Wine won’t start as it should when I get to that point.

RJD4783;n10704611 said:
hey guys,

so I picked up the game of the year edition a few weeks ago which comes with all the dlcs. From what I’ve heard, Heart of Stone is supposed to be in your quest journal from the start of the game. I just received this quest in my journal yesterday. I’m several hours as well as like two weeks into this game. These dlcs along with the main game were fully installed weeks ago and they are apart of the GOTY edition. This makes no sense. Is this normal? Worried that Blood and Wine won’t start as it should when I get to that point.

It depends what you mean with the: is supposed to be in your quest journal from the start of the game.

The Hearts of Stone DLC should be in your quest inventory after you complete the Prologue of the Base game.

That means the main quest that relies at the very beginning of the game trying to track down Yennefer.

That occurs on the White Orchard map (section) of the game.

After you finish that, and you move on to the second section (map) of the game, so Velen/Novigrad then you should be able to see the DLC under your quest section.;)

Note: You should start Hearts of Stone DLC with a level 30+ character for the best possible experience

It supposed to appear after the prologue yes. I’m saying I just received this quest in my quest list now after several hours and even weeks of playing. This is the GOTY edition so these dlcs were already downloaded along with the main game 3 weeks ago. Is this normal?

So I’m just receiving this quest in my journal now right around Ladies of the Wood, and almost done with Family Matters. Level 7

Well, OK it may have triggered a bit later, but at the and it did triggered. And that matters.

I don't know if that has anything to do with the latest patch, but at worse you could have triggered it by:

Going to the Seven Cats Inn (tavern) located in the southeast of Novigrad, just near the bridge to the Southern Gate.

Also i should note, i do not own a XBOX One Console but a PS4 one.

I just thought, it would not make any difference to reply back as the game is the same on both consoles.

However, if you think that this could be related to the XBOX one console in regard to the latest patch, i would wait for the respond of other XBOX One users.

But as i mentioned above, the real problem would be, if you installed the DLC and the quest did not triggered at all. ;)

Last edited:
Yes very true. Glad it triggered. Just concerned that Blood and Wine won’t when I get to that point.

RJD4783;n10705871 said:
Yes very true. Glad it triggered. Just concerned that Blood and Wine won’t when I get to that point.

>Just concerned that Blood and Wine won’t when I get to that point.

There is a long way until that point.

So, just enjoy your game for the time being. ;)

Thanks man. Yeah I’m def enjoying it. Played it on PS4 3 years ago. My second play through on the Xbox One X. Looks stunning in 4K. I’m actually not too far from that mission. Maybe 3 missions away. It most likely will trigger at least at some point like HOS did. Still very bizarre. I think a recent patch could have caused that to happen or possibly a recent patch purposely triggered it later on until my character progressed and leveled up more. Who knows. I’ll let you know what happens. Worst case scenario, I can always play that separately from the main menu since I have the complete edition.

mark5916;n10706221 said:
>Just concerned that Blood and Wine won’t when I get to that point.

There is a long way until that point.

So, just enjoy your game for the time being. ;)

BAW unlocked right after Poets Undef Pressure. All that worrying for nothing lol

Top Bottom