Hearts of stone updating???

+
Hearts of stone updating???

I've just loaded up the witcher and it asked me to update the game with a 4.7gb update, but it looks like it's updating hearts of stone only rather than the full game. Anyone else get that? I played HOS last night so I definitely already have it lol.
Xbox live service update says there are issues with purchases and content currently so its probably to do with that?
I doubt they would have hotfixed it so soon on console could they?
At 24% and counting....

Yeah, I just got that too. Can still launch the game while the dlc is updating tho, but it goes back to the "old" main menu and says that the DLC is "Coming soon". I'm currently at 61%. Hopefully the game will be good to go again after it is done downloading the update. Would be nice to know what the update is about tho.

This is what I got when I booted up the game as well. Wasn't going anywhere so I cancelled the download which removed hearts of stone from my installed items, so i'm installing it again. Just done it and every thing is normal again. Must be a problem with Xbox.

Xbox One Update

So was halfway through a quest and I just got hit with a 4.7gb update on Xbox One (Already have 1.10 and DLC installed). Anyone know what this is?

Yeah, I just got that too. Can still launch the game while the dlc is updating tho, but it goes back to the "old" main menu and says that the DLC is "Coming soon". I'm currently at 61%. Hopefully the game will be good to go again after it is done downloading the update. Would be nice to know what the update is about tho.
Let us know when you get to 100% would be awesome if we got the console fix finally.

So was halfway through a quest and I just got hit with a 4.7gb update on Xbox One (Already have 1.10 and DLC installed). Anyone know what this is?
Just saw someone else post a thread about this. Was actually looking for it to see if it had finished downloading and if it was the console fix or not. They said it looked like it was just updating HoS though.

---------- Updated at 08:05 PM ----------

This is the other thread.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/59749-Hearts-of-stone-updating?p=1940151#post1940151

It added colored font to the DLC quests. I don't know what other changes have been made.

It added colored font to the DLC quests. I don't know what other changes have been made.

Do you have a NG+ save to check if they fixed the dlc/missing gear issue. Im at work or else i would do it myself. Honestly it is gonna feel like a slap in the face if they could get a patch out to update something like colors before they do something about a major bug.

Wait thats a computer screenshot, You're sure this is the same update happening to xbox one?

Yes. I'm on the Xbox One version at the moment.

Also, it added the missing Viper gloves/boots/pants diagrams to the Countess (previously she only sold the armor).

I don't have any NG+ saves on the X1 version, but it also fixed the missing Viper school diagrams. Previously, only the Viper armor was obtainable on Xbox One.

Unfortunately, the achievement "Curator of Nightmares" is still bugged for me.

I hope they'd not only fix the colour of the quest markers. I really hope they fix those issues with the hidden treasures and the silly quest bugs. We'll see...20% left...

Guest 3839371

Okay this sounds not bad but i´ve read its 47gb big update and stopped it and now i cant find it in my xbox apps and games queue :/ also when im starting the game it does not show the message "game needs an update" again.
Anyone knows what to do in that case ???
I hope s.o. can help me :D thx in advice
Also it says Hearts of Stone DLC "coming soon" instead of installed. (it was already installed before and i was bout half way through the story quest of the dlc)

So I've been playing a bit since it finished updating and I have to say, the game seems a lot more stable that it did last night, I was getting horrendous blurry pauses in oxenfurt and oxenfurt sewers before even in Shani cutscene but now everything's running smoothly and. About to go see olgierd again so we'll see if there are any henchmen with no heads and arms like the first time. If it's fixed things that's amazing and gives hope for the full game patch fix

---------- Updated at 09:42 PM ----------

Okay this sounds not bad but i´ve read its 47gb big update and stopped it and now i cant find it in my xbox apps and games queue :/ also when im starting the game it does not show the message "game needs an update" again.*
Anyone knows what to do in that case**
I hope s.o. can help me**thx in advice
Also it says Hearts of Stone DLC "coming soon" instead of installed. (it was already installed before and i was bout half way through the story quest of the dlc)

It's only a 4.7GB update not 47 GB so don't worry it's not too bad. You will need to download it to continue playing a save made after playing HOS.

Have you tried doing a hard reset. Hold the power button down on the console for around 10 seconds, switch off the mains for 30 seconds and then boot it up again. Clears the cache and when you boot up the game again hopefully it should ask you to update. Then just wait until the HOS has updated. As it will allow you to start the witcher even whilst it's downloading which you don't want to do.

If that don't work I would find HOS in the xbox marketplace and where it should say installed it might say something else like update or install (click it to start install)

Hope that helps, good luck on the path

Last edited:
Top Bottom