"Heavy" and "Be my meaning" - a plot concepts by ElvenNeko

+
I started with the lore, and now it's time to show how i can handle some of the story-related content, still hoping that one day a developer would be interested to look at my best work in private.

As before, it will be very short and simple work: two plots that i wrote for video clips. Why this two? I leave it up to you to figure out)

First is made for the "Heavy", song of the Lauri (leader of The Rasmus), i always wanted to gift it to him during one of the concerts, but now i realize i will never visit one, so i might as well publish it.
The other one is named "Be my meaning" by Fleur, Ukrainian band. The only problem is that it is written on Russian, so i had to translate it to English by myself - so do not expect the rhyme or beautiful sentences from it, in my translation i only tried to pass the meaning of it.

There is one more thing to explain: how to read the script:

The blue text is the lyrics of the song.

The yellow text right underneath is the plot of a video clip, it explains what happends during the lyrics ABOVE IT.

A simple example:

And all that you wanted was freedom to fly

He goes to the backyard, his gaze is fixed on the night sky, his hand reaches out to the stars....

When "and" is spoken, the scene begins and protagonist enteres the backyard. If there is music between this scene and next one - then extend current scene to the music as well, next one beings with next part of lyrics anyway.

I would highly recommend listening to the songs while reading the plot, because it's timed on specific parts of the music that are supposed to make the effect of the video stronger. Just listen to the song and try to imagine the scenes described in here. So....

Heavy
(This is the original video clip:)
During the intro sequence, frames quickly change, showing astronauts preparing for takeoff, a flying rocket, people in spacesuits, setting a flag on the surface of the moon, and stretching out their hand to the bottomless starry sky around them. The camera shows the joyful face of one of the astronauts, who is awarded the order at the ceremony hosted after they returned, and the image changes smoothly, astronaut’s face grow older and older, until everything remains the same - only the astronaut is already an old man, and around him at the ceremony are children and grandchildren, as well as the new generation of astronauts, who will replace them.

They built you a cage of diamonds and gold
most beautiful place for you to grow old

The old man returns to the luxury mansion, in the lobby of which stands a model of a rocket. He goes into his room, which is completely filled with various kinds of souvenirs; medals and photographs hang on the walls - him and his team in those days when they were young.

They brought you the moon and served you the lie

His gaze focuses on a photograph in which they all together hold a flag on the surface of the moon, and then he looks at the plastic model of the moon next to it.

and all that you wanted was freedom to fly

He goes to the backyard, his gaze is fixed on the night sky, his hand reaches out to the stars....

It's heavy
but you are not the only one
who's tired of giving
afraid of the oblivion

The old man flips through a photo album, and when he looks at old photos, he is absorbed by images from the distant past - in them he sees himself and his friends, smiling and laughing on board the ship, looking at the stars together and arguing about something ...

Could it be that your curse is a bliss?
But the crown on your head never felt this heavy

The vision passes, and the old man sees a child running through the garden outside the window - he plays with a small rocket and the toy astronaut.

Harness your rage, take a leap of faith
to claim back your soul before it's too late

The old man calls and one of his friends picks up the phone, sitting surrounded by the rest of the team, who is also as old as he is. The subtitles say "Ship is going to be scrapped tomorrow. It’s now or never ".

The old man sits down and writes something on a small piece of paper ...

Show them no fear, sing them goodbye

Leave all but your heart and you're free to fly

The old man looks into the room of the child, kisses him while he sleeps, then looks into the room of child’s parents (his children), and leaves a letter that he wrote on the table. He goes outside, where car is waiting for him, sits in the back seat of the car, and closes his eyes ...

It's heavy
who's tired of giving
afraid of the oblivion

And he opens them already in the cockpit of the rocket, pressing the various buttons around, adjusting the instruments. His team was scurrying around, everyone is busy with something, and a young guy sitting in the control room speaking to them about something on the radio. Everyone looks nervous, but happy.

The old man looks at the photograph of his family standing on the dashboard ...

But the weight of the world never felt this… heavy.

And his finger freezes over the start button ... Everyone in his team are looking at him, various emotions spark on their faces.

Take the evident leap of faith

People in security uniforms try to knock the control room doors, the guy sitting there screams something into the microphone

Don't you be afraid

The door crashes, security storms the building (all that happens in slow motion), while old man’s finger is right above the button, waiting for his choice

It's heavy

And he presses the button.

who's tired of giving
afraid of the oblivion

The engines turn on, the flame bursts from under the rocket, while security are swarming the control room, they put handcuffs on a guy who were helping the old astronauts, one of the men in uniform shouts something into the microphone, but the rocket is already starting to take off.

But the cross that you bear never felt this heavy

The old man pressed into a chair from overload, his face frowns in pain, he looks around and sees his team, and grabs hold of the arm of the chair more tightly. A rocket leaves the Earth’s atmosphere.

You are not the only one
who's tired of living
afraid of the oblivion

A rocket rushes through endless space, passing the moon and flying farther and farther away from the Earth, and the old people aboard stand near the illuminator, merged with ghostly echo of them in the past, looking outside, enchanted by the beauty of stars reflected in their eyes, talk about something and smile.

Cause the crown on your head, the smile that you wear
the cross that you bear never felt this heavy

And on Earth at this time, his children, together with the police, read the letter that he left them, and through tears of sadness, mixed with joy, look at the very photo where he is pictured young, together with his team, while and the rocket continues to fly away farther and farther, disappearing into the depths of space.

The crown on your head never felt this

The old man’s gaze falls on the Earth for the last time – planet is becoming smaller and smaller, and at the same moment a child, his grandson, enters the garden, holding a toy rocket in his hands.

Heavy

The boy looks at the starry sky. Stars reflect in his eyes. He stretches his arm towards them…

p.s. As before, i reached the character limit, and will post the concept for second clip after someone else will leave a comment.

Thank you, and the plot follows!

Be my meaning

(This is the original song in russian)
I am drawing yellow lizards, pink snakes

Crazy clouds, and sirens, singing in them

Behind the window, the sky turns darker

But the sky is in my hands, on the smooth surface of walls

The guy takes the keys from the owner of the apartment he just rented. Left alone and set about unpacking the boxes, he notices that a piece of wallpaper has come unstuck - and behind them is a drawing of weird creatures in wild colors. He peels off the wallpaper and sees a picture of a magical, colorful and slightly crazy, but beautiful world.

This rivers, this mountains, covered with ice

I named them in your honor, and sky was clouded with the blizzard

Then, candent sun will arrive

Here will be flowers and forest, soon April will begin

There is a girl in the hospital - she is in a coma, connected to the devices. Nearby, on the table is a book with sketches - a gust of wind from an open window turns the pages, and the picture comes to life, showing the wonderful world created by the girl’s imagination, in which her consciousness is locked: there she can create incredible beauty only with the help of the power of thought, but she is alone, there is no one who could see this beauty or share her feelings. Slowly, spring comes to her world and everything begins to flourish.

Please, be my, please be my meaning

We are alone on the whole earth, in the very heart of my drawings

A whole world imagined, a whole world of imagined truths,

I need your warmth, and I want to be your meaning

A guy stands on the shore of the river, on the other - a girl who calls him. He wakes up, and, looking at the picture on the wall, sees the disappearing silhouette of a girl who painted it. After he calls the landlady of the apartment, and asks her about the author of the drawing, and she says - yes, the girl used to live here, but she had an accident and has long been in a coma.

Behind the window, someone cries, and someone is belling called forth

Footsteps in a hurry, rain like the sound of flipping pages

I am drawing festive bright fireworks

Flowers, balloons and flags, thousands of happy faces

The girl is lying in the ward - the sound of rain and various sounds are heard outside, but she does not notice them - her fingers frantically squeeze the blanket, and when the door opens, the heart rate sensor starts to squeak a little faster. A guy enters the ward and takes a step forward, appearing in the middle of a flower field, and, turning back - he sees the ward and hospital bed, as if he had just passed through an invisible door, and then a girl runs up to him, and, taking his hand, carrying him deeper inside the wonderland of her creation, and around this time new details of the world are born: an ongoing festivity, laughing people, fireworks.

They jump into the lake from a waterfall, play with fantastic animals in the forest, fly on dragons trough the sky, enjoy the sunset together, and look at the starry sky.

Behind the window, someone cries, and someone is belling called forth

Footsteps in a hurry, rain like the sound of flipping pages

Without you, all my work is meaningless

Music and the poems, sound of rain and singing of birds

They climb the mountain, from where a magnificent world opens onto all the surrounding nature, and the guy again sees the “door”, behind which there is a ward with a hospital bed, and at that moment the girl leans over and whispers a few words to the guy’s ear. After that her image begins to fade away.

There is two options for the ending scene:

• Together in wonderland:
The guy turns away from the door leading back into reality and chasing the girl. In real world, his body lays unconscious near her bed, medical personal swarming around them, trying to help, but they can do nothing about it. When the camera shifts to the sketchbook – it appears that they are both together in wonderland, and have no need for real bodies anymore.

• A typical happy-end:
The guy approaches the girl, and takes her by the hand. The monitors starting to beep louder, wind flips the pages of the sketchbook, silhouette of a girl slowly disappears from it's pages, and she opens her eyes.

Top Bottom