Heimdal needs to receive a slight nerf

+
There's a difference between not playing a card because it's bad and not playing it because there's a better alternative. That doesn't make Oak bad. MM essentially gave them much better tools for removal and boosting with no thinking required so of course they'll use them instead of strategizing to set up Oak.

That's the take away from this meta. Ease of play, very little strategy
I didnt say oak was bad, I said it's not massive enough for 13 provisions. he's among the most expensive cards in the game, top 1% but imo his impact isnt that massive, even if you have 8 units on your row. other 13p cards are for example draug, keltullis, oneiro and scenarios, all of which are total gamechangers that can change the outcome of the game on their own. I think oak is a very well designed and good card but it's just soo expensive.
I think it wouldnt be a problematic card if it was 12 or even 11 provisions in this meta.

I agree with the nerf to Hemdall, by comparing him with Oak.

Oak's body went from 8 to 7, when ST was the dominant faction, its only fair Hemdall's body also goes from 8 to 7 now that is SK on top (arguably tied with NR).
And also, Oak is 13prov, Hemdall is 12, but the presence of armor/shields can justify Hemdall's lower cost.

I think the reduction of the unit's body is better than a provision increase. Hemdall is meant to be powerful, but it shouldnt feel right when you play him on a row with just 2-3 units, that should feel like a waste.
Come on DRK, you are a veteran player and are comparing hemdal with oak.

There is no way to compare them.

Oak depends only by The own player, The player puts all his cards in The same row and get all The value from oak.

Hemdall depends what The other player does, and lets be honest, almost everyone knows If its a skellige warriors deck, problably its going to have Hemdall.

So all you need to do is split your units in The rows.

And, unless you get an extremly luck, Hemdall wont kill a specific card.

For oak you can kill or make huge damage for a specific card.

Also Hemdall Hits armors a lot

Oaks values much more than Hemdall, and thats is why he is more expensive and have One point less.

OK you can say patricial fury give 3 more units in One row, but thats its from The other player leader,

Nerf Schirru, and not by slightly... he is able to do much more damage then Hemdal, and at only 9 provision. Cheap nuke in combination to precision strike leader.

rrc

Forum veteran
Nerf Schirru, and not by slightly... he is able to do much more damage then Hemdal, and at only 9 provision. Cheap nuke in combination to precision strike leader.
Schirru would need complete leader commitment and build the entire deck around him and he can brick quite often. When he works he can work fantastically. But Heimdal is just a no brainier point slam. Heimdal is part of every single SK deck because he is just a huge tempo play which can often secure a round easily with no strategy or tactics behind it.
Moreover, if you think Schirru needs to be nerfed, please feel free to create a new thread about it. This thread is to discuss why (and why not) Heimdal should receive a slight nerf.

It's interesting how people talk about gwent as though only the pro players matter. As a non-pro player who's started relatively recently, I don't have anywhere near the amount of scraps required to make all these cards and often they make it so the games essentially over once they've been played. I understand they still need to be relevant for pro players/meta but a slight adjustment to the provision cost and power would make them still useful in meta and give the non-pro players a fighting chance.

M3e0w

Forum regular
I don't think Hemdall is a problem at all, like other people pointed out before, the problem with SK is the ridiculous 4p and 5p bronzes that easily play for 3+ points above provisions with little to no setup or even sacrificing tempo.
I agree with the people saying SK shouldn't get nerfed though, I think other factions's bronzes need to be brought up to par, especially NG bronzes and ST elves.

Take drummond berserker, he's a 5point face-value card sure, but it's effectively an unconditional 8 tempo card, as that's the value he'll provide before you have to pass. And he even has synergies with Greatswords, Protectors, bloodthirst...
That's where SK is just ridiculous when it's bronzes are just so insanely valuable and even provide as much tempo as other faction's golds.

A thread about nerfing Hemdall and people go ahead and start targeting other cards.

Nerf Schirru, and not by slightly... he is able to do much more damage then Hemdal, and at only 9 provision. Cheap nuke in combination with precision strike leader.

Schirru has been a hot topic since forever, but most experienced players think he's fine, if you don't maybe make your own thread about it instead of inserting Schirru hate into a Hemdall thread...

Last edited:
I don't think Hemdall is a problem at all, like other people pointed out before, the problem with SK is the ridiculous 4p and 5p bronzes that easily play for 3+ points above provisions with little to no setup or even sacrificing tempo.
I agree with the people saying SK shouldn't get nerfed though, I think other factions's bronzes need to be brought up to par, especially NG bronzes and ST elves.

Take drummond berserker, he's a 5point face-value card sure, but it's effectively an unconditional 8 tempo card, as that's the value he'll provide before you have to pass. And he even has synergies with Greatswords, Protectors, bloodthirst...
That's where SK is just ridiculous when it's bronzes are just so insanely valuable and even provide as much tempo as other faction's golds.

A thread about nerfing Hemdall and people go ahead and start targeting other cards.

Schirru has been a hot topic since forever, but most experienced players think he's fine, if you don't maybe make your own thread about it instead of inserting Schirru hate into a Hemdall thread...
You're basically making his point for him. The meta has changed...SK of the past...Hemdall wasn't an issue then and neither was Schirru but both factions now have far more consistency than before ergo these cards need to be looked at with the new meta in mind and adjusted accordingly

M3e0w

Forum regular
You're basically making his point for him. The meta has changed...SK of the past...Hemdall wasn't an issue then and neither was Schirru but both factions now have far more consistency than before ergo these cards need to be looked at with the new meta in mind and adjusted accordingly

How did I make his point for him?

Top Bottom