Heist thoughts after Clouds

+
In Clouds when Skye or Angel initially refer to you by your full name and you say 'Only people who know me real well can use my real name' I kind of feel like at some point during the heist (either when you have a pop at Jackie in the elevator) or when you're travelling back to the No Tell Motel, that Jackie should have been afforded the opportunity to use your real name, just once. It's a small thing, but it would have been a nice touch.

(You may want to add a spoiler tag to this post title)

I had this same thought. It may be the writer wanted to save the name reveal for the Clouds scene, to demonstrate how thoroughly they’d mined V’s information.

But it could also be the writer’s way of subtly indicating that V wasn’t actually that trusting/close to Jackie. They only knew each other six months, and Jackie (though arguably lovable) isn’t a person V would tell her secrets to.

(You may want to add a spoiler tag to this post title)

I had this same thought. It may be the writer wanted to save the name reveal for the Clouds scene, to demonstrate how thoroughly they’d mined V’s information.

But it could also be the writer’s way of subtly indicating that V wasn’t actually that trusting/close to Jackie. They only knew each other six months, and Jackie (though arguably lovable) isn’t a person V would tell her secrets to.
Well that would mean V didn't trust anyone in the whole game. Including Johnny, romances etc.

Or it's simply inconsistent writing. One person wrote much of the scenes with Jackie in Act 1, and someone else wrote the scenes with Angel/Skye in Act 2. Wouldn't be the first time lack of coordination and consistency appeared in the game.

Or it's simply inconsistent writing. One person wrote much of the scenes with Jackie in Act 1, and someone else wrote the scenes with Angel/Skye in Act 2. Wouldn't be the first time lack of coordination and consistency appeared in the game.
I wouldn't be surprised. The production team allowed development of the train system to get that far, before pulling it.

Another missed opportunity: Corpo V knows Jackie since childhood, so with this Lifepath Jackie could have used the real name, the other Lifepaths wouldn't. Would've been great...

I had initially thought that this was setting up to let V "give" something meaningful to an LI -- like, you would know that that person was meaningful to V when V gives them V's real name.

Instead it was an attempt to surprise you to let you know the Clouds doll knows more about V than you do (which shouldn't be a thing in an RPG, btw) -- IMO they should've kept the ability for you to create V's real name, and use FO4's Codsworth gimmick here; now THAT would've been a surprise.

To be honest i'd preferred it if we never knew V's 'full' name at all, that it was never referred to in any mission.

I quite like that V is whoever we make them to be and their name generic enough to be molded to our design.

Last edited:
To be honest i'd preferred it if we never knew V's 'full' name at all, that it was never reffered to in any mission.

I quite like that V is whoever we make them to be and their name generic enough to be molding to our design.

Also, the entire point of them forcing V to jack in and get scanned was to determine what V would find pleasant. So the fact that the Doll doesn’t understand that V won’t like being called by her real name doesn’t make much sense.

Well that would mean V didn't trust anyone in the whole game. Including Johnny, romances etc.

Well, we barely know these people. Imo we didn't have the time to 'romance' anyone. Maybe that is why they feel (and are) so incomplete:)

I think it was the right decision that Jackie never uses V's full name, as that should ultimately be up to the player. Maybe should have had some +1 to Jackie's friendship, during certain interactions with him and depending on that Jackie uses/don't use V's full name.

Guest 4400165

Another missed opportunity: Corpo V knows Jackie since childhood, so with this Lifepath Jackie could have used the real name, the other Lifepaths wouldn't. Would've been great...
Yeah, but turns out no version of V really knew Jackie, if you follow the 'Heroes' mission. So, everyone doesn't trust each other fully.

Or just the writing issues.
Post automatically merged:

To be honest i'd preferred it if we never knew V's 'full' name at all, that it was never referred to in any mission.

I quite like that V is whoever we make them to be and their name generic enough to be molded to our design.
Right? Feels like discovering Neo's name is...Tom.

Top Bottom