Hellbeast

+
Hellbeast

I need help. This thing absolutely rapes me every fight. I tried buffing up on tawny, swallow and using that spectre death oil that devastates the Barghests but by the time I've downed the potions and used the oil Geralt is nearly half dead. When I get hit with pain, I'm fucked and get mauled to death. I apply all those items before the cave and facing down the mob. Nope, fuck you gamer. Those buffs you got, they're gone. Fuck you player. Fuck you hard. I have just spent the last half hour trying to beat this thing and every time I get my ass handed to me. The best I've managed is to get the hellbeast to half health by doing the AoE sword stance for two hits and then running around waiting to regenerate my health to about seventy five percent and hoping I can get two strikes with my sword before pulling back to run in circles till my health returns. And if I'm lucky, one or two of the barghests it summons die. Can someone tell me what exactly I'm going wrong here? Because I have to be doing something wrong. This is the kind of difficulty spike that would give Everest size issues.

Aard is the key to winning this fight quickly. The Beast is easily stunned, then you can take it down with one hit.

There is also a place (along the wall of the house on the left) where you can safely regenerate.

This topic is an Act I hint, so I will move the thread accordingly.

I have to say, this is an absolute failure of gameplay if the player has to resort to glitching or exploiting the game in order to pass a section. This is exactly the same spot I stopped playing the Witcher when it first came out. I had completely forgotten.

When the fight begins, distance yourself from the witch so he barghests gang up on Adda. Apply group style, or better yet, seize the chance to apply your oil. They should go down quickly. Then its just you and the Beast for a few precious moments until he calls for more friends. These few seconds should be enough to take down the Beast. Its just as Guy said, if you can get off the hits he goes down in 1 or 2.

The game's responsiveness is nowhere near as fluid as it should be to do this. Seriously. I was having lots of fun with this game till this point. And I'm not the only one. The fact that this is such a failure should have resulted in some kind of patch or fix by the devs. I don't mind a hard game, I love hard games. But being cheap or badly implemented does not make a game hard. It just makes it frustrating.

If you actually want to finish this quest and continue with the game, it is time to listen to the good advice you have been given.

If all you want to do is complain, you have had your say and need not add to it.

This is not a game where you should expect to be able to overpower every enemy. There will be other times that you cannot. It is a game where you must learn to take advantage of the situation and use skills you should already have learned are effective. This is not a defect and does not require correction or apology.

To build on what others have said.
1. Use your potions, buffs, ect.
-Swallow and grindstone on your sword. Tawny owl is not required but can be helpful.
2. Ignore his minions and just wail on him. Make sure you are using the correct style, which is strong I believe.
3. If he is giving you a hard time, aard. You can complete it on hard without even using it and being overleved.
4. There's no way your buffs are disappearing that quickly unless your taking forever to choose as the swallow lasts two game hours.
5. Make sure your not underleveled, and have at least done a majority of the sidequests.
6. Good luck.

the biggest tip for this fight is when to emerge from the cave.

after you've done what you need to do in the cave meditate till 11pmish, take your potions and apply your oils(spectre is best)(abigail sells it)

then emerge from the cave then follow the above tips

if you exit after 12am(midnight) all your potions/oils will be gone as the game will have advanced to the next 12am

ignore the barghests and concentrate on the hellhound, aard can stun and give you a coup de grace but its not a guarantee

Using Aard is about the best advice I saw here, and there are a lot of good tips. Ignore the barghests and use Aard to stun the beast. I tried this fight so many times when I first got the game and finally took him down through sheer willpower I think haha! now that I'm playing through again, I'm learning new tricks/tips. =)

they have already suggested all the things you can do, all i can add is grind at the beginning of the chapter before doing any quests... it could really help...

So, what I found to be really effective is applying specter oil to your sword, before you exit the cave with Abigail, and also drink a Swallow potion. When the fight begins, use the Aard sign to gain some distance from the Beast, and drink a Blizzard potion. I even got blinded by the Beast at one point and didn't come close to dying. The whole fight lasted maximum 12 seconds, of those 3 seconds blinded and 5 seconds clearing out the Barghests in group style, just because I was able to. :p

So...Is here any way to beat the Beast in medium difficulty,without any oils,potions etc?

I am stuck,because my save file is right before the "mob cutscene" and i have no potions,oils etc

Top Bottom