Hello, Night City!

+
I'm still very curious how big an impact classes will have on the gameplay and story. In the hidden message they mention you can create your own character, but the OP in this thread makes it sound like it's a specific storyline you'll be following.

Unless the classes are half-assed, I'm having a hard time seeing how it'll all fit together with backgrounds as different as cops, solos, techies, corporate etc.

Unless the classes are half-assed, I'm having a hard time seeing how it'll all fit together with backgrounds as different as cops, solos, techies, corporate etc.

I fear that roles might be but overalls to wear and switch at a whim to timely impresonate the job at hand, so the player doesn't need to commit to anything.

I wonder if the skill tree will be an "Augment" system and I can go around telling people how I never wanted this

Looks can be deceiving. I get that the color palette and the slightly cartoonish slant feels a bit reminiscent of GTA, but there is both a weight and depth to the world and characters in this trailer that screams of something far more.

One thing I'm loving is the sense of place for each scene. Everything feels like a functional environment, not just a backdrop. The variety is insane.
Pretty much. The more I watch it the more it's in line with the PnP and seems to stand on its own. The truth is there's a bit of overlap between it and something like GTA. I'm really excited to actually see the city in various weathers and times of day so we get a clearer idea of the overall aesthetic.

I don't get your argument, it's ridiculous. Just because Blade Runner wasn't focusing on showing punks, doesn't mean there are none in that world. I also don't get what your argument was actually supposed to prove?

Mike Pondsmith take on Cyberpunk differ a lot from Blade Runner take. U can even read some early Mike and dev team talk about it how they want to bring PUNK back to Cyberpunk, and how their take will have much more Rock n Roll etc... Also, from 2013: "We are not doing Blade Runner" https://www.destructoid.com/cyberpunk-2077-devs-we-are-not-doing-blade-runner--252849.phtml

BTW, i didnt have any expectation set about this game, so i had open mind about direction this game will take, i would probably enjoy Blade Runner game a lot, but with information we had from 2013 i knew that it will probably differ from Blade Runner.

I'm not that familiar with Cyberpunk world (yet), so I'm not sure how I was expecting the trailer to look like.

My first reaction was "Was it supposed to look like this?", but when the trailer hit to the bar scene, I was already super hyped and I only got more hyped when the trailer kept going. I also don't know anything about cars (other than those are a good way for transporting groceries home from the shop), but that black car with super cool back lights made me drool a bit :p Also really liking the punk look!

I never thought I would be this excited about Cyberpunk game, but here we are! Hungering for more :p

Take a look at GITS2
Yeah no, those screen grabs are from one area they visit outside of Tokyo which was bright shiny and had Bright Sunny Days. I have watched Ghost in the Shell and its movies, so you can't pull that on me.

I have just posted images of the day (dark) atmosphere that I personally expected from this game. I expect it to be a mature and serious game, in general.
ANd you posted Sunset/Sunrise pictures again. And I don't think you paid the least bit of attention to the trailer if you think that.

Los Angeles was smoggy and dark in the 80s, its now rather bright and clean due to regulations set in place to protect air quality. The likely is what has happened with Night City.

I do not really care about Mike Pondsmith take on Cyberpunk. If the whole game revolves about Mike Pondsmith take, then this game is not for me! The first trailer published 5 years ago suggested completely something different from this trailer.

That wasn't a trailer for the game. since they had no idea what the game would look like at the time nor any assets etc to draw from except the source books with it looked like ripped from the pages of.

Los Angeles was smoggy and dark in the 80s, its now rather bright and clean due to regulations set in place to protect air quality. The likely is what has happened with Night City.

And why that is what happened with that Night City? Because Mike Pondsmith said so? Then, I am not in.

• RED Point
Reactions: Yex
I do not really care about Mike Pondsmith take on Cyberpunk. If the whole game revolves about Mike Pondsmith take, then this game is not for me! The first trailer published 5 years ago suggested completely something different.

Ok mate, you gotta learn the thing here. Cyberpunk 2077 is the sequel to Cyberpunk 2020, which is a tabletop RPG that was written by Mike Pondsmith, and he is very serious about his creation which is why he was flown out to Poland several times a year to consult CDPR on what can be done, can't be done and "stop smoking that stuff CDPR, this is Cyberpunk". The teaser from 5 years back took place at night in 1 tiny street in Night City, that street did not represent all of Night City as it is a very large city that is located between San Francisco and Santa Maria, also known as the West Coast of California. Yes, it is a coastal city so expect a big beach and dock area.

Ok mate, you gotta learn the thing here. Cyberpunk 2077 is the sequel to Cyberpunk 2020, which is a tabletop RPG that was written by Mike Pondsmith, and he is very serious about his creation which is why he was flown out to Poland several times a year to consult CDPR on what can be done, can't be done and "stop smoking that stuff CDPR, this is Cyberpunk". The teaser from 5 years back took place at night in 1 tiny street in Night City, that street did not represent all of Night City as it is a very large city that is located between San Francisco and Santa Maria, also known as the West Coast of California. Yes, it is a coastal city so expect a big beach and dock area.

OK, then, I do not buy it. I will be looking forward to Blade Runner stuff. That being said. Thanks for attention. I do not like Mike Pondsmith representation of Cyberpunk. I prefer Deus Ex a lot, then. Bye.

I do NOT want it. If I do not get it, then goodbye. It's not for me.

I do not care about how some Mike Pondsmith takes it. I couldn't care less. I do care how I and many other people take it.

Last edited:
Yeah no, those screen grabs are from one area they visit outside of Tokyo which was bright shiny and had Bright Sunny Days. I have watched Ghost in the Shell and its movies, so you can't pull that on me.
Wait, what? You lost me. What did I tried?

As I said before - great way to destroy unique atmosphere of the world, some people actually enjoyed.

William Gibson about the trailer:

"The trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 strikes me as GTA skinned-over with a generic 80s retro-future, but hey, that's just me. "

Rather similar to my impressions.
Gibson, Gibson... What did he write latey, again? :)

And why that is what happened with that Night City? Because Mike Pondsmith said so? Then, I am not in.

Why yes, if Mike Pondsmith decided that's what happened between 2030 and the end of the 4th Corp War and the start of 2077, then yes that is what happened. Mike Pondsmith has the end say of what happened before 2077 starts...as he owns Cyberpunk 2020 because he created it back in the 80s and it is his baby. I'm sorry you can't stand that but that's the facts of Cyberpunk around here. This isn't "a cyberpunk game" this is "THE CYBERPUNK GAME!" and CDPR is taking some creative measures to give it their own little spin as well. And while I loved the trailer as it gave me all the right scratches as I played Cyberpunk 2020 since the 80s, I will watch with scrutiny that CDPR doesn't try to burn me. O.O IM WATCHING U RED!

Top Bottom