Hello, Night City!

+
Dear Mike, make it more dark and misty, I might get interested, even though, you are called Mike. Who knows? Unless you screw it up again with story, characters, and quests etc.

• RED Point
Reactions: Yex
My only real gripe with the setting so far is the scale, even if it's a bit hard to tell from the trailer footage.
I think the buildings could do with being WAY taller as right now it seems more like a moderately sized current city, and not really a huge sprawling city landscape. I wouldn't even mind if they make a large city landscape outside the borders of the map as decoration.

Maybe I'm being a bit picky, but I can't imagine it would fuck with the current level design if they just added a few more stories to the buildings.

I kinda agree, but one thing I realized is that in every shot we're looking at the city from a high point, even when he gets in the car and takes off the terrain elevation lowers as he gets into the city. I think it could be that once we get to see the city from the inside, from the lower streets, then we'll truly get an idea of the scale.

Watched the trailer a few times more and the vibe I got from it, is more clear to me now. This is how the utopian punk city is supposed to look like - :LOL: I'll repeat that word - Utopian.
Maan, those walkways! I want THAT clean walkways in my city too! No sign of gum sticking to my shoe and so shiny! And that city train? Looks like child dreams come true! The NCPD sign also looks like they have candies there. Now I see where did those Disneyland comparisons came from, haha!

Forum veteran
I chopped out the daytime scenes from the trailer and set the remaining dark parts to the audio from the teaser trailer. Looks pretty similar to the old style, actually, and it appears that some scenes in particular deliberately used the same blue/green color scheme.

Honestly, I think part of what threw me off when watching the new trailer was how many different kinds of people there were. It's easy to watch that old teaser so much that you forget that other kinds of people exist and the end game isn't going to consist entirely of gruff law enforcement, crazy blade ladies, and swag jacket guys.

I chopped out the daytime scenes from the trailer and set the remaining dark parts to the audio from the teaser trailer. Looks pretty similar to the old style, actually, and it appears that some scenes in particular deliberately used the same blue/green color scheme.

Honestly, I think part of what threw me off when watching the new trailer was how many different kinds of people there were. It's easy to watch that old teaser so much that you forget that other kinds of people exist and the end game isn't going to consist entirely of gruff law enforcement, crazy blade ladies, and swag jacket guys.

Thanks for the perspective man, good to have you back.

• RED Point
I was so excited when the trailer dropped. I couldn't stop smiling I hope this game exceeds hype.
Really looking forward playing Cyberpunk 2077!

BTW, I would like CDP to become as original as creators of System Shock, who created Bioshock, which has some common features with those games but remains so unbelievably original and unique. They created a masterpiece entirely by their own. God Bless Ken Levine, Scott Sinclair and the rest of the people who worked on this ABSOLUTE masterpiece.

Last edited:
  • RED Point
So...I was hoping to see something from Cyberpunk 2077 at E3. A couple of times now I've even been entertaining thoughts of a future gameplay scenario. Some roleplaying mechanics, and what kind of background and class my character will have. Maybe I'd be a junior partner at a tech company, overseeing an illegal transaction in a shabby hotel, getting my hands on some megacorp-tech. Hell, I've even nurtured the possibility of playing as a Nomad, blazing down a highway on a bike:
kaneda.gif

Call it my personal braindances these last few weeks. And then this trailer happened.

I am...overwhelmed. Thank you devs! Thank you so much!

@Marcin Momot
If you see this, then as always, please give my love to the team. :D

I don't know... I expected something more dark and violent.
Too much daytime, I expected more time-night action.
And the music was fucking horrible, a piece of shit really, that generic techno shit... I don't know, maybe some New Retro Wave style suits it's better... but really, the music was awful...

Yep, punk in the 80s would beat the crap out of people listening to techno. Today's punk is not what punk was when it was born, and the punk in CP2077 is not that punk or the techno listening punk either. Just like rock and what it represented in the 40s was different from the 60s and something totally different than it is today. Once I got over that mental hurdle of what punk was, is or how it should be used CP2077 is just a title. Same as that Witcher is not about witches riding broomsticks.

You must agree that it's better for a Cyberpunk game to take inspiration from Blade Runner or Deus Ex,

No I do not and I never will, Cyberpunk is Cyberpunk, Dues Ex is Dues Ex, Blade Runner is Blade Runner. They are all separate Ips. In comparison to Blade Runner, while it did come first in 1982 and Cyberpunk in 1988 they are two separate parts of the cyberpunk genre. As for Dues Ex, it came out in 2000 where as Cyberpunk in 1988, so Dues Ex would be the one taking cues from Cyberpunk. Mike Pondsmith made his world his way and CDPR are bringing that world into a more visual medium. They don't need Dues Ex or Blade Runner.

Game director Mateusz Kanik, in 2013: "There are lots of cyber games around, but there's not a lot of punk in those games. We want to put more punk into ours. We do not want to make a dark and hopeless world. We are not doing Blade Runner. It will be full of rock and roll."

YES THIS. More than anything this is what we have been waiting for!

BTW, I would like CDP to become as original creators as those of System Shock, who created Bioshock, which has some common features with those games but remains so unbelievably original and unique. They created a masterpiece entirely by their own. God Bless Ken Levine, Scott Sinclair and the rest of the people who worked on this ABSOLUTE masterpiece.

Systemshock 1 and 2 are masterpiecs, Bioshock was good but was no masterpiece. And CDPR is already pretty original, 2077 is going to rock this world without needing gloom and doom.

The new trailer looks absolutely fantastic. I have seen comments that say it looks like GTA and stuff, but I gotta say, I love the vibrant atmosphere juxtaposed with the violence of the Cyberpunk world. I also like the more 'digital' vision for Cyberpunk and how it builds upon the futuristic vision from say the 80s. Over all, really cool looking, and cannot wait to see more of the game! Keep it up CD Projekt, you're one of the few big game companies that gives me hope that videogames can be an art form rather than money grubbing!

Watch the Blade Runner then. You might see a difference if you are a smart guy :)

I have watched Blade Runner and managed to watch all of it without falling asleep, which happened the second time i watched it. It was a dark dreary dead world but it's not Mike Pondsmith's world and its not Night City located on the sunny shores of California where the sun still exists and its possible in 60 to 70 years someone developed something to clean the skies of Night City, hell it happened in our world when regulations were placed on LA and it went from smog covered to almost clean skies.

Yeah I thought of that scene too right there gregski. Nice relatively subtle reference.

Top Bottom