Hello, there newbie NR need some help reaver hunters

+
Hello, there newbie NR need some help reaver hunters

So I been playing alot on this deck, moving bosses testing radovid but following soph912 advice I went back to henselt, adding removing cards lol cant really get it down to 25 whitout doing a big compromise, kinda like it at 27-28 range tho I kinda want to add 1 or 3 blue stripe scouts to counter the heavy weather effects but not sure what to remove to add them

but for some reason I think i am going to heavy on the spells, buff type of cards
all the neutral and NR cards just for references in case you want to try something out on paper (on average to do it from 0 I am going on a list of
  • Scrap Cost 5200-5300 (25-28) cards 5900(35-40 cards)
http://www.gwentdb.com/cards?filter-...lter-faction=2

the 25 card list (my current deck)
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/20809-26-fun-hunter-cards

25-35 cards fun combos trying it out (testing the muligan results)
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/19672-newbie-hunter

diferent combos (30-40 cards setups) same testing muligans
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/19949-reaver-hunter-basic

testing diferent setups (random stuff like machines)
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/19979-testing-hunter

kinda need some advice on people that are way more experience on the setup since most of the deck builds I see arround are super lean on the spell, weathers and counters to things, I am wining quite decent so far I am a level 18 whit some decent win rate I am only playing NR right now.

PD:07/06/2017 after testing I can pretty much get the basic combo down to 27-28 cards the only problem is addon cards Temerian Infantryman-Field Medic-Blue Stripes Commando that is pretty much a 6 cards diference to add them all

the break down:

Last edited:
rafaelunefa;n8741560 said:
kinda need some advice on people that are way more experience on the setup since most of the deck builds I see arround are super lean on the spell, weathers and counters to things, I am wining quite decent so far I am a level 18 whit some decent win rate I am only playing NR right now.
I am curious if you have any use of that Rain and Quen. I would remove both. Either you have at least several weather cards or the one you have becomes a kind of useless. No real impact while it takes a slot. Also - always thought that Quen is not worth a slot. The only hilarious interesting variant considering current meta is to cast Quen on Vicovaro Medics to still be able to steal from SK graveyard (lol).

Alts-Gamer;n8741800 said:
I am curious if you have any use of that Rain and Quen. I would remove both. Either you have at least several weather cards or the one you have becomes a kind of useless. No real impact while it takes a slot. Also - always thought that Quen is not worth a slot. The only hilarious interesting variant considering current meta is to cast Quen on Vicovaro Medics to still be able to steal from SK graveyard (lol).

lol believe or not the queen and the rain I use it alot hahaha. But most of the times I want it is for the reaver hunters so they start at 8+shield

PD:but yea if you have any other suggestions let me know
I will try your suggestion

Last edited:
The best advice is is to experiment as much as possible, i would throw out renew and put triss or keira for extra control, shackles for margarita (xtra body) and i don't know maybe azure thunder for queen. Roar is nice addition and it counters spy nilfgard if two copys are working for u its cool idea.

TheTialis;n8753470 said:
The best advice is is to experiment as much as possible, i would throw out renew and put triss or keira for extra control, shackles for margarita (xtra body) and i don't know maybe azure thunder for queen. Roar is nice addition and it counters spy nilfgard if two copys are working for u its cool idea.

yea that is why I was using the field medics+ the roars for the death cows or spy since people can carry a mix of 3 is a option I am testing, the objective is to the medic to sumon something else tham a medic+ the roar let me move them to any row I want them to.
Also if you notice deathmonth is my wildcard for that the azure the thunder a extra clear sky or a rain

What I am testing right now is 2 final gold cards not sure on Ragh Nar Roog+ royal decree or just Ragh Nar Roog +Drought

Im not big fun of weather myself so im just using first light in 2 copys, dandelion is always nice in reaver hunter's. I must try to fit one roar myself but still the most painful loses are those to tibor. Can't stand this piece of sh...card.

TheTialis;n8759910 said:
Im not big fun of weather myself so im just using first light in 2 copys, dandelion is always nice in reaver hunter's. I must try to fit one roar myself but still the most painful loses are those to tibor. Can't stand this piece of sh...card.

I feel ya tibor is the only reason I carry renew lol-ok added the version I am testing right now lol

Last edited:
TheTialis;n8781960 said:
Isn't Villatetenmerth a bad synergy with reavers?

nha been testing it right now and that dragon is the bomb lol

that is why I added igni + scorth and the dragon I get out powered by 3 to 8 decks lol elfs, testing diferent counters vs big power units

Last edited:
TheTialis;n8759910 said:

tried playing dun banner light cav?

Here is my deck if it help you out.

Bronze:

Kaedweni Seargent x2
Blue Stripes Commando x3
Reaver Hunter x3
Reaver Scout x2
Field Medic x2
First Light x2
Dimeritium Shackles x1

Silver:

Operator
Nenneke
Dethmold
Sile De Tanarville
Alzur's Double Cross
Reinforcement

Gold:

Triss
Phillipa
Drought
Royal Decree

Although my experience is short with this deck I found that thinning it out is one of the keys to winning which the Commandos do well with the scouts, medics and fetch spells. Sile is also really good even though I only run 3 Bronze specials because she can be very good tempo coupled with card draw though I plan on replacing her with Margarita soon since she is a reset and lock on one card.

Zenyatta225;n8794910 said:
Here is my deck if it help you out.

Bronze:

]Kaedweni Seargent x2 Redanian Knight-Elect x2
Blue Stripes Commando x3 if you really want some unit to buff your setup I would use 3x Kaedweni Siege Support
Reaver Hunter x3
Reaver Scout x2
Field Medic x2 Field Medic x1 Blue Stripes Scout x1 << this yolo remove weather gives you alot of help lol ones you start stacking lines vs rag or Drought
First Light x2
Dimeritium Shackles x1

Silver:

Operator
Nenneke
Dethmold
Sile De Tanarville
Alzur's Double Cross
Reinforcement

Gold:

Triss
Phillipa
Drought
Royal Decree

Although my experience is short with this deck I found that thinning it out is one of the keys to winning which the Commandos do well with the scouts, medics and fetch spells. Sile is also really good even though I only run 3 Bronze specials because she can be very good tempo coupled with card draw though I plan on replacing her with Margarita soon since she is a reset and lock on one card.

yea I had a setup similar to this but I removed some of the cards the field medics if you have 2 there is a big chance were you sumon a second one and force you to remove a good card from the field is a little sad when that happens

right now the real problem I face is getting to the 3er round to pull the final combo+ the leader skilll

most of the times I get outpowered by big combos and quick combos that carry over power from round 1 and 2 to actually win

there I added what my deck got diferent from yours so I can give you some feedback and thank you for sharing

Last edited:
Top Bottom