Hello world! [Streamers' Influence on Community?]

+
Hello world! [Streamers' Influence on Community?]

After a lot of gruelling grinding, I managed to reach that evasive rank 21 for the first time. :) I wanted to share something I noticed over these past few days with you guys, and hear your opinions on the matter. Mainly, we have a more diverse meta than before (SK GS are still prevalent). People are playing all kinds of decks with all kind of cards. I noticed there are differences even among same concept decks. Simultaneously, a lot of more famous streamers have gone on holidays and stopped streaming for the time being. Do you guys think that their streams and open idea-sharing with the community makes it a lot harder to rank up or it doesn't have anything to do with it? I kind of think that their streams help out the community in a way that they increase the collective knowledge and make the game "harder" to grind but because of this, the meta becomes more standardized and uniformed (loses on diversity). In earlier seasons, when I was trying to rank up from 4100-4300mmr, I used to play every game against 2 or 3 same types of decks, while in this current season it was a fiesta. :D Anyway, that's something I observed. It was really fun to play ranked this couple of days. :D Cheers!

I've noticed more variety since the patch, and though the meta is normally less predictable in the week or so that follows a patch, I do agree this meta feels more varied than the past several have. Whether streamers are responsible or not, I have my doubts. They could be a contributing factor, but I doubt they are the primary factor.

I made an Olgierd deck on day one hour one of this patch and I have only played that deck and never encountered anything similar, I took a photo and dated it because I knew it would come to this...

A streamer puts a video up with a replica deck. The next day I play, the first five matches are mirror matches. Obviously I won because I'm not a bad player that needs to be told what deck to play I created mine and know how to use it.

Shadow-Stalker;n10963769 said:
I made an Olgierd deck on day one hour one of this patch and I have only played that deck and never encountered anything similar, I took a photo and dated it because I knew it would come to this...

A streamer puts a video up with a replica deck. The next day I play, the first five matches are mirror matches. Obviously I won because I'm not a bad player that needs to be told what deck to play I created mine and know how to use it.

Have some of the factions always been biased and easy to win with? I'm a ST fan. They've had 3/4 decks since I started playing that were doing well and they all got nerfed.

Top Bottom