Help a New Player Create a Good Deck

+
Help a New Player Create a Good Deck

Hey there!
I recently started the beta and wanted ro share my experience with you, perhaps to get a good piece of advice aswell.
So I got to play a couple of games in the last few weeks and had lots of fun. This continued until lvl5 or 6. From then on I was facing much stronger decks and loss streaks began to the point where i was facing 30% slightly tuned starter decks like mine who put up a good fight and 70% decks with a shitload of goldcards, 800 srapcards and combos I could not beat even with best draw luck.
So I thought ok, I'll try my best making my deck stronger, managed to snag some barrels and scrap and browsed some interesting builds on the internet. Finally i decided to invest my stuff into a specific build to see it getting wrecked by the latest patch just before finishing...
At the end I have a near to useless deck, no currency to spend and no real intention to start all over.
So anyone got a clue for a semi frustrated noob like me?

p.s.:
Whats the deal with those card barrels anyway? I opened my last 6 in a row and got 0!! card for the faction I'm maining...gotta be kidding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently, since the game mechanics are ever-subject-to-change until open beta, it's unfortunately hard to get past the initial hurdle due to the fact that investments into a particular 'viable' deck build can instantly change into something not viable. When the game mechanics become more consistent later on, it'll be less of an issue. As far as running into players with a ton of epics and legendaries that early on, I guess it's simply on the devs to tune their queueing setup so that new players face new players rather than veterans. Of course there's the occasional high-roller or wallet-warrior that comes along with all the best cards at level 5 because he bought a zillion kegs, and that's his prerogative. Also, there will always be smurf accounts around (experienced players starting new accounts from scratch) just because of the online gaming medium. I'd simply say that if you can make it past that initial hurdle, you'll find yourself in a much more relaxed spot going forward (usually around levels 15-20, sometimes earlier).

seeya84;n8224740 said:
p.s.:
Whats the deal with those card barrels anyway? I opened my last 6 in a row and got 0!! card for the faction I'm maining...gotta be kidding.
Welp... that's randomness for ya. It's not a conspiracy though, trust me.

:cheers3:

seeya84 Hi and welcome to the forums.

I've moved your thread to the Tactician's Corner and I've updated the topic to better reflect the content.

I've only been playing about 5 days now. My main deck (NR Foltest) has $0 dollar as capital. Currently Lvl 25 - Rank 536 World - 11 Ocenia/Australia. I'm not that good and my deck is filled with bronzes you can get for low scraps. I built my deck from what I had at hand. 3 poor infantries are my trump cards ;)

I only found this forum and guides yesterday.

So it's doable. Just find you're playstyle and hone that.

*Concentrate on 1 deck. Once you get the hang of it, mess around with the other decks to get to know how to play them. When you know how to play the other decks, you'll know how to counter them.

*Learn from your competitors. So many are using decks from here and whatever meta is popular.

*Meta is only good if it suits your playstyle not the other way around. Don't change the way you play so it follows someone else built deck. Just pick out what suits you, dump the rest.

seeya84;n8224740 said:
Hey there!
I recently started the beta and wanted ro share my experience with you, perhaps to get a good piece of advice aswell.
So I got to play a couple of games in the last few weeks and had lots of fun. This continued until lvl5 or 6. From then on I was facing much stronger decks and loss streaks began to the point where i was facing 30% slightly tuned starter decks like mine who put up a good fight and 70% decks with a shitload of goldcards, 800 srapcards and combos I could not beat even with best draw luck.
So I thought ok, I'll try my best making my deck stronger, managed to snag some barrels and scrap and browsed some interesting builds on the internet. Finally i decided to invest my stuff into a specific build to see it getting wrecked by the latest patch just before finishing...
At the end I have a near to useless deck, no currency to spend and no real intention to start all over.
So anyone got a clue for a semi frustrated noob like me?

p.s.:

Choosing fraction is like choosing armors in TW3. there are 3 kinds or armor in TW3 or 5 with newest expansion. those 3 are cat, wolf, and bear that represent school of witcher. but i only know 2 kind of school wolf and cat. sadly bear school is out of story. and choosing gameplay in each fraction is like choosing between Triss and Yennefer (You need to know about history a bit).

Starting to the topic. there are five fraction that you can choose.
Northern Realm that usually converting cards to gold with their infantry cards
Nilfgardian that have spy or revealing cards gameplay you can choose
Monster that have weather and spawning monsters gameplay
Skellige that play immortal or humbug (dont get fooled with their decreasing STR) gameplay
Scoia'tael that play dwarf, ambush, or elf (racial deck) gameplay

as far as i know you cant too strict to your gameplay cause inefficient. for newbie guide i suggest to try all fraction first before wasting your scrap to craft cards and maybe you hand (opening keg) guide you to your fraction destiny.

Top Bottom