SOLVED HELP! Draw Distance Issues Plus Strange Invisible Render Circle Around Geralt

+
HELP! Draw Distance Issues Plus Strange Invisible Render Circle Around Geralt

I have 150+ hours on The Witcher 3 and not once have I had any issues until just recently. Around 3 days ago, for some reason I have been having this invisible circle of render (as I like to call it) around Geralt and it will NOT go away no matter what I do. Basically, when I'm casually running around or on horseback this circle will just render everything in a nearby radius such as grass, rocks, npcs, and even lighting! However it doesn't stop there. Along with this circle I have also noticed that if I step into a town and then step out of it buildings will just dissapear and then reappear as I get closer! I'm on a newgame plus since I already beat the game vanilla and I want to get to level 100. One thing to note is that I do have some mods however they are definitely not the cause because I installed and uninstalled them multiple times before and that circle of render is still there. I even uninstalled and reinstalled my entire game and its still there. It's gotten to the point where i'm not even sure if its just in the game regularly or if its my PC because I strongly remember playing through the entire game without this occurring once. But I might also just be an idiot. If anyone could help me out on fixing this issue or just straight up tell me its in the game regularly I would very much appreciate it.

These are my specs (if you need more then tell me)
17.3 inches
2560x1440
4.4 GHz
16 GB
1000 GB Hybrid Drive
GTX 1070
NVIDIA GTX
Dedicated
802.11 A/C

Max Screen Resolution
Processor
RAM
Hard Drive
Graphics Coprocessor
Chipset Brand
Card Description
Wireless Type
Number of USB 3.0 Ports

I actually found some gameplay of it on youtube believe it or not. Pay attention to Geralt as he rides next to the fields. My entire game is like this except much worse because it happens to the grass aswell.

iCake

Forum veteran
Check your in-game settings and crank up everything related to draw distances. Then we can talk.

Nevermind, I actually managed to fix it myself just by deleting my user.settings file and then reinstalling it after a couple of tweaks. Hopefully from now on its smooth sailing for me. I still appreciate you iCake for actually trying to help me so thanks :).

iCake

Forum veteran
TheGamingNix;n9261911 said:
Nevermind, I actually managed to fix it myself just by deleting my user.settings file and then reinstalling it after a couple of tweaks. Hopefully from now on its smooth sailing for me. I still appreciate you iCake for actually trying to help me so thanks :).

That'd have been my next advice. The game can change the config file, so this can rarely result in a mess in there. You can try setting the .ini to "read-only" to potentially avoid things like.

Top Bottom