Help for a machine deck

+
Help for a machine deck

Hi guys!
I've tryed the machine deck from Swim but I haven't been convinced at all. I find it very much predictable and though you can never play your combos as your opponents denies your crewmen directly (RIP Kaedweni). So I made a few changes to have something more consistent.
First I switched from Foltest to Henselt. Foltest is nice to buff everything but Henselt gives you more flexibility. You can play either a serie of Crewmen or machines depending on your hand. Plus if you revive them with Nenneke, you can play them twice with the reaver scout giving your deck more stability (and milling). Also added the Kaedweni siege platform allowing to play many times the same machine at the same place (between 2 crewmen) and though not losing a deadplay by putting another crewmen. Last but not least I ithdrew Vernom that I find very bad but I'm not sure what to play in his place. I currently have Regis, higher vampire cause it's always a good move to mess with your opponent graveyard. But there might be a better pick. What is your advice on that gold slot? Iwas thinking Triss Butterfly effect or maybe Djistra, Avallach, Bloody baron?
Any help on that deck would be appreciated since I'm a new NR player (former and still NG lover^^)

Edit: Misstook uploaded deck (please see the second one). Dunno how to delete the spy deck I uploaded there...

Attachments

• photo151590.jpg
    photo151590.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I have been trying a similar deck with mixed results. If it works, it hurts a lot, but when the deck gets countered, there isn't much you can do. I got Dijkstra from a keg and decided to try him, but I find him too unpredictable. I also got Avallac'h yesterday and he gives more consistent results.

PS. Removed the extra image.

Literally just played a game where I pulled all 3 siege supporters and they got sniped one after the other to triss, deathmold azurs, decoy into another azurs. first three turns and my entire deck has just been fucked sideways. I want machines to work but right now theyre just frustrating and clunky

I got the same feeling. It's fun to play, potentially very strong but too easy to counter by your opponent. Wel lI'll keep on playing it with friends or on casual.

4RM3D;n8926200 said:
I also got Avallac'h yesterday and he gives more consistent results.
I was really hesitating to craft him. Have you tried Bloody Baron?

Thanatos35;n8934150 said:
I was really hesitating to craft him. Have you tried Bloody Baron?

The funny little thing is that Bloody Baron was also a choice besides Avallac'h in the keg. But I haven't picked him up. So no, I haven't tried him.

4RM3D;n8934780 said:
The funny little thing is that Bloody Baron was also a choice besides Avallac'h in the keg. But I haven't picked him up. So no, I haven't tried him.
Héhé quite a hard choise but I think you made the right one as Avallach is playable in many decks.
Maybe you can help me before I craft Bloody Baron. DO you know if it buffs itself from the ennemy that dies at the reset fo the round (or just the one you kill during the round)? PLus if it's at the top of your deck every end of round, that means that you have to mulligan it every round right (making him a lot less interesting)?

Thanatos35

I don't think he gets buffed by enemies which are removed at the end of the round. I mean, imagine a monster army with + 20 units. That's going to get OP real fast. However, I do wonder if consume is considered a destroy effect.

And yes, you would have to mulligan him, if you want to use him on round 3.

4RM3D;n8934950 said:
I don't think he gets buffed by enemies which are removed at the end of the round. I mean, imagine a monster army with + 20 units. That's going to get OP real fast. However, I do wonder if consume is considered a destroy effect.

Imagine a unit that damages every single opposite spawning units facing a +20 monster units army. How OP would that be?? (#troll face)

Thanatos35;n8935620 said:
Imagine a unit that damages every single opposite spawning units facing a +20 monster units army. How OP would that be?? (#troll face)

That requires some setup, though.

Thanatos35;n8935790 said:
What set up? Play a savage bear from your hand and wait.

Oh, you were talking about Savage Bear. Never mind my first comment. Anyhow, players are complaining about Savage Bear a lot. Regardless, it can still be countered, while Bloody Baron cannot (unless you have D-shackles).

I'm running Vernon Roche and Keira Metz, i dont think Regis is THAT good that everyone plays it, also Shani Nenekke combo is kind of underwhelming most times and if u cant pull it off u have a dead gold card.
I use reinforcement instead of roach for flexibility and dont run siege platforms in favor of one more of each ballista and third bluestripes scout.
This deck helped me go up from 2700~ MMR to 3200~ MMR, it works, just the Skellige decks that are everywhere make it harder, the weather Skellige deck is good matchup though as you can easily kill all their axemen. It suffers from Spell Scoiatel and any deck that runs Villen because of weakish golds that you want to play before last round.

devyniaragis;n8951200 said:
I'm running Vernon Roche and Keira Metz, i dont think Regis is THAT good that everyone plays it, also Shani Nenekke combo is kind of underwhelming most times and if u cant pull it off u have a dead gold card.
Thanks for ur feedback. So I first played Vernon Roche but I find him kind of weak. It's a max 15 value gold but very conditionnal. I played Regis as dfault gold but repalced it with Avallach since then (for no better result). I like Nenneke to get Roach and the witchers back.
The dead card I always have in hand are the reaver scoot actually My first siege support mstly get insta killed and I can't run my reaver scoot after that. How do you manage them? Can you post a pics of ur deck?

Thanatos35;n8953020 said:
Thanks for ur feedback. So I first played Vernon Roche but I find him kind of weak. It's a max 15 value gold but very conditionnal. I played Regis as dfault gold but repalced it with Avallach since then (for no better result). I like Nenneke to get Roach and the witchers back.
The dead card I always have in hand are the reaver scoot actually My first siege support mstly get insta killed and I can't run my reaver scoot after that. How do you manage them? Can you post a pics of ur deck?

this is not my deck, but it's basically the closest one i could find http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/21566-u...nding-witchers credit to Smoonay
I replaced one Ballistae with shackles, which is a weaker card in general but has to be teched in for countering some of the most common skellige decks.
I also dropped Vernon, you are correct in saying its undrwhelming in the current state of gwent in most popular decks 3 power units are quite rare apart from monsters. I replaced it with renew, just to try and steal skelliges Hjalmar, mostly...
Keeping your first siege support alive is really tricky most of the times, i sometimes use blue stripes scout instead if i see the opponent is playing a deck with heavy removal, like most skellige decks, unfortunately there are a lot of skellige axeman weather decks around atm which makes life hard, you can still manage though, currently i'm at almost 3400 MMR, so my advice might not be the best, just take it as kind of option for your deck, i'm not saying my variation is good, but it works, you can beat any deck with it.

Top Bottom