Help improving deck?

+
Hey I'm new to Gwent! I only started playing it 2 days ago but I really love the game! Can anyone please help me improve my deck? (sorry if this is in the wrong place)

Here's my deck!
Onslaught
Morkvarg: Heart of Terror
Cerys an Craite
Harald Houndsnout
Svanrige Tuirseach
Sigvald
Gremist
Delirium
Gigascorpion Decoction
Udalryk an Brokvar
2x Freya's Blessing
2x An Craite Greatsword
Svalblod Priest
2x An Craite Longship
2x Drummond Shieldmaiden
2x Dimun Corsair
2x Savage Bear
Svalblod Butcher

Cerys is a deck thinner summoned in the melee row with either svalblod priest or Harald Houndsnout. Rest are for Greatsword.

I've got all common and rare Skellige cards and here are the golds I have:
Not in the deck:
Sigdrifa's Rite
Jutta an Dimun
Champion's Charge
Donar an Hindar
Giant Boar
Arnvald
Stribog Runestone

In the deck:
Cerys an Craite
Harald Houndsnout
Svanrige Tuirseach
Sigvald
Gremist
Delirium
Gigascorpion Docoction
Udalryk an Brokvar

Hey I'm new to Gwent! I only started playing it 2 days ago but I really love the game! Can anyone please help me improve my deck? (sorry if this is in the wrong place)

Here's my deck!
Onslaught
Cerys an Craite
Harald Houndsnout
Svanrige Tuirseach
Sigvald
Gremist
Delirium
Gigascorpion Decoction
Udalryk an Brokvar
2x Freya's Blessing
2x An Craite Greatsword
Svalblod Priest
2x An Craite Longship
2x Drummond Shieldmaiden
2x Dimun Corsair
2x Savage Bear
Svalblod Butcher

Cerys is a deck thinner summoned in the melee row with either svalblod priest or Harald Houndsnout. Rest are for Greatsword.

I've got all common and rare Skellige cards and here are the golds I have:
Not in the deck:
Sigdrifa's Rite
Jutta an Dimun
Champion's Charge
Donar an Hindar
Giant Boar
Arnvald
Stribog Runestone

In the deck:
Cerys an Craite
Harald Houndsnout
Svanrige Tuirseach
Sigvald
Gremist
Delirium
Gigascorpion Docoction
Udalryk an Brokvar

Do me a favor. Use the library function and post this so I can add it to my decks. I am happy to work on it with you, but it would be much easier to see it and interact with it.

How do I do that?
Go to the deck builder, if on mobile hold down the finger on the deck if on mouse it is either hold or right click. You will see options to copy, rename, delete, or share. You want share.

Edit to include, you need to copy the link and paste it in this thread.

Last edited:
Hi, you will need to get a general idea of what you want to achieve with your deck.
If you run Onslaught as your Leader Ability, it is to be expected that you are after bloodthirst as a game mechanic, so you could optimize your deck in that direction. As an example Cerys might not be the best card for the goal, but is otherwise a very strong card right now. Cerys is more often used with Ursine Ritual as a Leader Ability, because you are not relying on Harald or Sigvald for the proc on the Shieldmaiden.
If bloodthirst is what you want to play for, maybe start saving to buy "Wild boar of the see" as a finisher.
Out of the cards you already own, I think you could try Light Longship for more bloodthirst, and Donar is very strong with bloodthirst as well, so I would definitively keep him in deck.
For the rest I think that you don't have a good "target" for your Svalblod Priest and Butcher. Usually a good candidate for that is Armored Drakkar, so you might consider adding those if you run Svalblod Priest. Giant Boar is a card you have that not many play, but is very good with bloodthirst and self damage, so consider that one as well.

What you will find as you go along is that you will need a strong finisher, and a strong short round play. As a finisher for a long round as said before I would recommend Wild Boar, but as a short run big play Cerys might work, but aslo Vabjorn with your Leader Ability.

Those are just some considerations, as I said you will need to first have an idea of the playstyle you want to build your deck around, choose a Leader Ability that fits your playstyle, and then build a deck that synergises with that Leader Ability. (all a generalisation, but you get the jist of it).
Post automatically merged:

Go to the deck builder, if on mobile hold down the finger on the deck if on mouse it is either hold or right click. You will see options to copy, rename, delete, or share. You want share.

Edit to include, you need to copy the link and paste it in this thread.

I personally don't have an option to share deck on my mobile app. Not sure if it is a version thing or what not?

Last edited:
Hi, you will need to get a general idea of what you want to achieve with your deck.
If you run Onslaught as your Leader Ability, it is to be expected that you are after bloodthirst as a game mechanic, so you could optimize your deck in that direction. As an example Cerys might not be the best card for the goal, but is otherwise a very strong card right now. Cerys is more often used with Ursine Ritual as a Leader Ability, because you are not relying on Harald or Sigvald for the proc on the Shieldmaiden.
If bloodthirst is what you want to play for, maybe start saving to buy "Wild boar of the see" as a finisher.
Out of the cards you already own, I think you could try Light Longship for more bloodthirst, and Donar is very strong with bloodthirst as well, so I would definitively keep him in deck.
For the rest I think that you don't have a good "target" for your Svalblod Priest and Butcher. Usually a good candidate for that is Armored Drakkar, so you might consider adding those if you run Svalblod Priest. Giant Boar is a card you have that not many play, but is very good with bloodthirst and self damage, so consider that one as well.

What you will find as you go along is that you will need a strong finisher, and a strong short round play. As a finisher for a long round as said before I would recommend Wild Boar, but as a short run big play Cerys might work, but aslo Vabjorn with your Leader Ability.

Those are just some considerations, as I said you will need to first have an idea of the playstyle you want to build your deck around, choose a Leader Ability that fits your playstyle, and then build a deck that synergises with that Leader Ability. (all a generalisation, but you get the jist of it).
Post automatically merged:

I personally don't have an option to share deck on my mobile app. Not sure if it is a version thing or what not?

I tested it and it worked. If you can rename a deck you can share it.

@Mikroval I'm going for basing my play around Greatsword and just proccing his boost as much as I can... I don't know if my deck is achieving that though...

@Mikroval I'm going for basing my play around Greatsword and just proccing his boost as much as I can... I don't know if my deck is achieving that though...

Then Onslaught is ok, but usually Reckless Flurry is better suited to trigger procs immediately, and you should pair it with Dagur (you will have to craft him, similiar to Greatsword, row locked, but procs are calculated all across enemy board). Sigrdrifa's Rite is great for bringing him back from your graveyard.
Harald is ok
Sigvald is ok also, but you will find they take him out pretty soon, so a defender would be a good future craft as well (Covenant of Steel). Sigvald when damaged to 4 does 2 damage to enemies, so Butcher is a good combo with him, so you might wanna take 2 to increase the chance of finding both in hand.
If you greatsword and then Reckless Flurry you might end up with the opponent having 3 units with bloodthirst, so Champion's Charge could be a good card to include in your deck, since you have that one already.
Jutta is a good short round play, if she is in yur graveyard. You just Sigrdrifa's Rite and bring her back as a 12power unit, so you can use that until you craft other cards.

I would still suggest you craft Wild Boar of the Sea, because it is a great finisher, and it works well with your Greatswords.

12 WBS
10 Morkvarg: HoT
9 Sigrdrifa
9 Harald
8 Svarige Tuirseach
8 Sigvald
7 Champion's Charge
7 Gremist
7 Donar
6 Delirium
6 Decoction
6 Udalryk
2x6 Freya
2x6 Greatsword
2x5 Dimun Light Longship ( a very good card for getting bloodthirst, and setting WBS up)
2x5 An Craite Longship
5 Dimun Corsair
2x4 Savage Bear
4 Butcher

This should give you 18 units, 24 cards and 9 provisions not yet allocated. I would personally use them for the defender. This would require you to craft WBS and Covenant of Steel. Until then you can just run Jutta before you get defender.
And until you get WBS you can run Cerys with the Swordmaidens, IMO not optimal but still a good card.
I would personally remove Svalblod Priest, but you can still run it if you wish, I wouldn't find it consistent enough. Your choise.

If you end up getting Dagur, I would maybe drop Jutta and Dimun Pirate in favour of Giant Boar or Dorregaray.
The more you get on with the game the more control will become important and you will have to use more removal, like Alzur's Thunder and Stunning blow. That's why at the moment you are fine with Delirium, Decoction and Champion's Charge since you don't have super high provision cards, it doesn't make great sense to switch high provision cards for lower ones.

This are only some suggestions at the end of the day. You should still try stuff out for a few games and see how it fairs.

GL

Then Onslaught is ok, but usually Reckless Flurry is better suited to trigger procs immediately, and you should pair it with Dagur (you will have to craft him, similiar to Greatsword, row locked, but procs are calculated all across enemy board). Sigrdrifa's Rite is great for bringing him back from your graveyard.
Harald is ok
Sigvald is ok also, but you will find they take him out pretty soon, so a defender would be a good future craft as well (Covenant of Steel). Sigvald when damaged to 4 does 2 damage to enemies, so Butcher is a good combo with him, so you might wanna take 2 to increase the chance of finding both in hand.
If you greatsword and then Reckless Flurry you might end up with the opponent having 3 units with bloodthirst, so Champion's Charge could be a good card to include in your deck, since you have that one already.
Jutta is a good short round play, if she is in yur graveyard. You just Sigrdrifa's Rite and bring her back as a 12power unit, so you can use that until you craft other cards.

I would still suggest you craft Wild Boar of the Sea, because it is a great finisher, and it works well with your Greatswords.

12 WBS
10 Morkvarg: HoT
9 Sigrdrifa
9 Harald
8 Svarige Tuirseach
8 Sigvald
7 Champion's Charge
7 Gremist
7 Donar
6 Delirium
6 Decoction
6 Udalryk
2x6 Freya
2x6 Greatsword
2x5 Dimun Light Longship ( a very good card for getting bloodthirst, and setting WBS up)
2x5 An Craite Longship
5 Dimun Corsair
2x4 Savage Bear
4 Butcher

This should give you 18 units, 24 cards and 9 provisions not yet allocated. I would personally use them for the defender. This would require you to craft WBS and Covenant of Steel. Until then you can just run Jutta before you get defender.
And until you get WBS you can run Cerys with the Swordmaidens, IMO not optimal but still a good card.
I would personally remove Svalblod Priest, but you can still run it if you wish, I wouldn't find it consistent enough. Your choise.

If you end up getting Dagur, I would maybe drop Jutta and Dimun Pirate in favour of Giant Boar or Dorregaray.
The more you get on with the game the more control will become important and you will have to use more removal, like Alzur's Thunder and Stunning blow. That's why at the moment you are fine with Delirium, Decoction and Champion's Charge since you don't have super high provision cards, it doesn't make great sense to switch high provision cards for lower ones.

This are only some suggestions at the end of the day. You should still try stuff out for a few games and see how it fairs.

GL

Whats a short round? I thought you usually aim for round 1 win and pass round 2...
Also wouldn't Geralt (the one that kills 9 power or higher) be better than Champion's charge.
Thanks for the help btw

Whats a short round? I thought you usually aim for round 1 win and pass round 2...
Also wouldn't Geralt (the one that kills 9 power or higher) be better than Champion's charge.
Thanks for the help btw

The value of winning round one is not having to start round 3. That said, there are plenty of decks were bleeding in round 2 makes a ton of sense. If the opponent has better long round capacity than you, you don’t want to let them set up a long third round. Your deck suggests a long third round is what you want. Your vulnerable to reset, big card removal, and locks. One tip that will radically increase your win rate is to auto forfeit any unranked or seasonal game in which you go first. Your objective should always be to stay in front of your opponents score after 6 cards. Taking a card advantage into round 2 will give you the flexibility to either dry pass or bleed your opponent. I know the advice is vague, but going second will increase your win rate substantially.

This should explain it well enough.

Geralt of Rivia is a potentially better card, yes (you don't neee bloodthirst) and more expensive in terms of provisions, so you need to be careful how you spend your points. Also Geralt can sometimes be useless, because your opponent might not have a card higher then 9power, but you might actually need to destroy a card that is not necesarrily high power, but deals a lot of damage (Hefty Helge for example) Champion's charge can do that for you for lower provision cost. Either can work. Another thing is that you might have too many cards that do the same thing. If there is a boosted card with 20 boosted points, you will probably use Morkvarg on it, to proc your Greatsword, leaving you Geralt potentially useless, same goes for Champion's Charge.

Top Bottom