Help - Loading Screen stuck on loop

+
Help - Loading Screen stuck on loop

Hey guys
Pretty new to W3 Modding. On my last playthrough with mods installed I seemed to get a stuck loading screen the first time, i'd quit, then it would always load the 2nd time.

However I recently did a fresh install to start a new game and now my game wont load at all and is stuck on the infinite loading loop and the intro cutscene.
Even removing texture heavy mods seems to still have the same issue.
Any idea what could be causing this? All my mods are latets version compatible and heavily endorsed ones from the Nexus.

Am I missing something or needing another mod? Any info would be great as still quite a noob with it
Cheers

Thanks - will try without when I get home
Out of curiosity - what is the mod limit number and is there a way around it?

I knew there could be an issue with large textures in mods causing issues but wasn't awar the number of any simple mods could also affect things.

Don't know about any specific number (I've read sth about 5-12 texture mods or 12+mods). You have to use script-merger to get rid of conflicts, this could solve some problems and save time. Plus: Get ModMerger. With it you can merge your mods and bypass the modlimit.

Thx
Been using Script Merger but might give ModMerger a go.
Almost used it last time but it looked pretty complex in how to get it working. Maybe I just need to seek out a decent tutorial for it.

Hi! Not difficult at all.

script merger is a must have, but is unrelated to the mod limit - it just helps solve script compilation errors from multiple mods editing the same piece of code.

Mod merger however is needed to get past the mod limit. There do not seem to be definitive numbers but the limit i think is dependent on the number of blob0.bundle files (most of them but not all come from texture mods, have a look in your mods folders!). Usually 20ish of these files will hit the limit.
There is also a thread here on the forum, habe look it’s not hard to find!

mod merger is easy - click on ‘recommended’ option an then on merge! Just be aware not all texture mods like to be merged! E.g. compilation or hd reworked... you have to look through the forums, I don’t know the definite answer. Sometimes it’s trial an error .

Hope that helps! :)

Also: dlc count toward the mod limit - you can even disable the games dlc if you don’t need them. I think that helps, not entirely sure.

Google mod merger and dlc, there is a way to merge dlc blob.bundles! (You have to rename the custom dlc folders, copy them to mods directory and then merge with mod merger)

Guest 3841499

For DLC merging, just rename Mods folder to ModsX, rename DLC folder to Mods, add 'mod' to every custom DLC name, then Mod Merger will detect those DLC's as mods and let you
​merge. Afterwards, rename everything back to how it was. I also rename mod0000_MergedPack for DLC's to DLC17.

Top Bottom