Help me build a Gaming Rig!!

+
yes you will :) If you want, i can find you an article that will explain this thing i was talking about but, with 2 hard disk of the same type.

Yeah well, I have a feeling that, in a couple of months I will say the same thing ;D.Alright, back to pc assembling.I rechecked everything and found out, that I can get ASUSTEK GF GTX280 PCIE 1GB GDDR3 602MHZ if I throw in a couple of $.http://www.m79.lv/product/single/group/14/vendor/54/product/32406/ASUSTEK_GF_GTX280_PCIE_1GB_GDDR3_602MHZHere's the link to my current video cardhttp://www.m79.lv/product/single/group/14/vendor/331/product/43094So should I aim for the 280GTX.

sanok16 said:
Yeah well, I have a feeling that, in a couple of months I will say the same thing ;D.
In the situation i am in, i highly doubt it. Starwolf had to put up a webpage to help me to get away from the desktop and take care of my health. :)
sanok16 said:
Alright, back to pc assembling.I rechecked everything and found out, that I can get ASUSTEK GF GTX280 PCIE 1GB GDDR3 602MHZ if I throw in a couple of $.http://www.m79.lv/product/single/group/14/vendor/54/product/32406/ASUSTEK_GF_GTX280_PCIE_1GB_GDDR3_602MHZHere's the link to my current video cardhttp://www.m79.lv/product/single/group/14/vendor/331/product/43094So should I aim for the 280GTX.
You need to set a ceiling price and stick to it as you will keep on finding better of anything and for 10-20$ more every time... They pile up and turn out to be 100's more than what you wanted to pay at the start :) But if you can, yeah go for the 280 :)

The 280 is an older card, based on the 65nm GT200 chip from nvidia. The 275 is quite new, and based on the newer - more energy efficient - 55nm process. The difference in memory is negligible enough that you would never notice @ 1920x1200 (your monitor's resolution), it would only really make an impact @ 2560x1600.If you check the spec on the EVGA 275 you will see the core clock sits @ 633MHz, which is higher than the stock 280, in fact i would expect better performance from the 275. Being on the newer 55nm process you will also be able to increase the clock to 650-670mhz without a problem, and definitely get better results than the 280, while saving money. So the 275 gets my vote :peace::EDIT:I went and found a review and it turns out that the 275 does indeed beat the 280 or match it in any given resolution on most games (even @ 2560x1600!)http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/nvidia_gtx_275/So it's a no brainer after all ;)

"You need to set a ceiling price and stick to it as you will keep on finding better of anything and for 10-20$ more every time... They pile up and turn out to be 100's more than what you wanted to pay at the start :) But if you can, yeah go for the 280 :)"I think it's to late for that ;D.Better and cheaper!!!Thanks!!

Actualy, the 280 is phased out and replaced by the 285 which is way faster than the 275 but, with a price on it :) The most important thing on your system, you already have it, it has place for upgrades so, in due time, if you are lacking some speed, you wont need a complete system once again...

Can't wait!!So when I order my pc.Should I ask them to put it together or should I do it myself??And about the monitor.1. What connection should I use(HDMI, etc...)??2. It seems this monitor has built-in speakers, can I use those speakers with my pc speakers simultaneously, and is it a good idea or should I use just the monitor speakers??

Hey Sanok,So if i understand correctly the store you're ordering from offers a service where they construct your PC for you? How much would this cost?Putting a PC together can seem a daunting task for a first-timer but most people come to realize that it's actually childsplay after they've built that first system. If you decide to do this and need help there are guides all over the internet on how to go about it, or we can help you here. I would recommend doing it yourself if only for the experience, so that you have the confidence to do it again in the future, and also the confidence if the time comes to open up your case and remove or change components, for troubleshooting purposes or for when it comes time to upgrade something.You should use either the DVI or the HDMI connection on your monitor. You can indeed use the speakers on your monitor as well as the pc speakers provided, however you will need to use the HDMI connection for this, as DVI only carries a video signal (HDMI carries audo aswell).To use both the monitor speakers and the PC speakers may require setting an option in your audio control panel, i myself have my PC connected to its own speakers (which i have at the sides of my room), the TV speakers (which are at the front) and my HiFi speakers (which are behind me). :peace:

Xellotath said:
Hey Sanok,So if i understand correctly the store you're ordering from offers a service where they construct your PC for you? How much would this cost?Putting a PC together can seem a daunting task for a first-timer but most people come to realize that it's actually childsplay after they've built that first system. If you decide to do this and need help there are guides all over the internet on how to go about it, or we can help you here. I would recommend doing it yourself if only for the experience, so that you have the confidence to do it again in the future, and also the confidence if the time comes to open up your case and remove or change components, for troubleshooting purposes or for when it comes time to upgrade something.You should use either the DVI or the HDMI connection on your monitor. You can indeed use the speakers on your monitor as well as the pc speakers provided, however you will need to use the HDMI connection for this, as DVI only carries a video signal (HDMI carries audo aswell).To use both the monitor speakers and the PC speakers may require setting an option in your audio control panel, i myself have my PC connected to its own speakers (which i have at the sides of my room), the TV speakers (which are at the front) and my HiFi speakers (which are behind me). :peace:
Can't say better and yes, you have access to the internet so, if you need, we can even find you tutorials that will show you how to build your system on your own. This willl make you understand much more than you think :)

They will do it for free, but I always wanted to do it and I'll feel safe if I do it, so I think I will do it ;D.Are there any risks I should know about??and another thing.How can I be sure that the case is fit for these parts and for that mater, how can I be sure that the parts are fit for these parts(Sorry I'm a newb at this).

On the casing website, you can have which type of board it supports, on the Motherboard website you can download the manual which show you how to install everything (the board in the casing, the memory, CPU and other daughterboard on the motherboard and also, what type of video card slot it has (AGP or PCI-E), Your video card tells you if it is an AGP or PCI-E, you can also see which kind of connector you have on board for the drives (sata and IDE), the type of connector that is needed on the powersupply :) Finaly, on the power supply website, you can get the info related to it.So, what i know without searching, Your board fit in the case, it has the right connector for the power supply, Your video card is PCI-E and you have a PCI-E Slot on your board. Your HD is Sata (do you have a cd/dvd rom ?), your CPU fits on the board same for the memory.... So yeah, you are ok... But CD/dvd ?

I have Pioneer 115 or something.Also, do I need a floppy drive??You know, to update a BIOS and stuff.