Help me patch this game!!!

+
Help me patch this game!!!

Hi there, I can't for the life of me figure out why the game doesn't update automatically (as I understand it should) on GOG Galaxy, nor can I find the 1.4 patch anywhere on the net to download separately. My game is currently 'stuck' at 1.2...

Any advice? Thanks!

Under Witcher 3 click on More and then Configure and check if you have automatic updates enabled.

It's actually greyed out...

It also says my games library is empty, so I don't know, something might be messed up with the installation. What do you think?

Hi, could someone, anyone, please advise on how I can get this updating thing to work right. I feel like I will be missing out on what the game will ultimately be able to offer. Is there literally no other way to get these patches downloaded?!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought the DVD version here in Poland and installed it in English. Game installs fine, albeit unusually slowly, from the discs. GOG updates the game, changelog lists the 1.04 changes but after entering the game I see it's only V1.02. GOG Galaxy says my games library is empty. Under 'more' for the game configure and backups & extras are greyed out. In 'more > manage' import folder and verify/repair are greyed out.

Seriously, no one out there in internet land have this problem? I've not been able to find ANY threads on it...HELP!

Thanks for the reply, but yes, I think I am logged in, and I can't verify cos it's greyed out...

---------- Updated at 03:37 PM ----------

Any way I can transfer this to steam, cos seriously, GOG should sort it's software out before it starts tying its customers to it

Thanks for the reply, but yes, I think I am logged in, and I can't verify cos it's greyed out...

---------- Updated at 03:37 PM ----------

Any way I can transfer this to steam, cos seriously, GOG should sort it's software out before it starts tying its customers to it
I think you can verify straight from web site if it can't be done from client

Awesome, that's done it! OK I should have considered that I'd need to put in the product code at some point, maybe if the instructions were clearer for dumbasses like me... ;)

---------- Updated at 03:44 PM ----------

Ah, but the download speed for it is incredibly slow... is there a workaround for that? I've seen it mentioned somewhere but can't find the advice again for how to fix it...if there is a fix?

Last edited:
I don't think you can fix download speed unless you are already downloading other staff which of course you should pause...
Still i can't help but think that you could simply install from disk then download patches from GOG website (not GOG galaxy) and install said patches.
You lose auto update features but that is probably better considering all the bugs that come with the latest patches

Top Bottom