Help me with a Kaedweni Revenant Deck

+
Hello everyone, I'm a Gwent addict and have been playing for a while. now for my question: can someone help me with a kaedweni revenant deck? I've seen people summon all there revenants from their deck or graveyard and dominate from that point. I would like to build a deck with that mechanic/ engine if thats even what it is? And maybe tweak on it a bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Infinity8stoned

Hello everyone, I'm a Gwent addict and have been playing for a while. now for my question: can someone help me with a kaedweni revenant deck? I've seen people summon all there revenants from their deck or graveyard and dominate from that point. I would like to build a deck with that mechanic/ engine if thats even what it is? And maybe tweak on it a bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Infinity8stoned

I am happy to help but I need to ask a few questions then give you a disclaimer.

1. How large is your card pool?

2. Do you have enough scrap to make the cards you would need to make the deck viable?

3. Do you have the Drauger card for NR (not sure I spelled that correctly, but he is the card that turns humans into Revenants?)

Now for the disclaimer. With a deck like you are trying to build, you might not be as successful as you expect. Decks like this one are conditional and when the conditions are not met you tend to lose. Also, while we can limit the risk by adding cards like Madda and Oneiromamcy, they will have opportunity cost. Usually, the more devoted a deck is to a gimmick the more temperamental it is.

Some cards to think about to get you started.

Forbidden magic
Arbeleists and archers to position enemy units for forbidden magic.
Immortal cavalry, and blue stripe commandos for Drauger to convert.

Pavetta to pair with the commandos so you can shuffle them back into the deck and use them twice.

Blue stripe scout to make more commandos.

I can get more specific when I know your capabilities and your goals a little better.
Post automatically merged:

Here is a rough draft of a deck. Call it a starting point. I doubt it is competitive but I figure it is a baseline.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
By your description - 'summoning all revenants from their deck' - i think the OP didnt realize what really happened, most likely it was a Draug that was played, transforming all humans on that row into Revenants.

There are Draug decks and revenant decks, although those were usually played with Ada's ability and since it was removed earlier this month im not sure how a revenant deck would work like now.

Assuming you go for a Draug deck:
- its important Draug isnt your only win condition, or you wont be able to win 2 rounds, just the one where you use Draug

-there are many ways to fill a row with humans but usually you dont want to play Draug on a 7/8 humans row or your revenants wont have enough room to multiply, wasting a lot of potential.
The ideal number is probably 3-5 humans, depending if your opponent has more control (5) or less (3).

By your description - 'summoning all revenants from their deck' - i think the OP didnt realize what really happened, most likely it was a Draug that was played, transforming all humans on that row into Revenants.

There are Draug decks and revenant decks, although those were usually played with Ada's ability and since it was removed earlier this month im not sure how a revenant deck would work like now.

Assuming you go for a Draug deck:
- its important Draug isnt your only win condition, or you wont be able to win 2 rounds, just the one where you use Draug

-there are many ways to fill a row with humans but usually you dont want to play Draug on a 7/8 humans row or your revenants wont have enough room to multiply, wasting a lot of potential.
The ideal number is probably 3-5 humans, depending if your opponent has more control (5) or less (3).

In the rough draft deck I gave him the blue stripe commando combo to handle a round. I agree 100% about your other points. I did forget to put in Voymir. Voymir plus Revenants plus blue stripes plus Shieldwall is not optimal, but it is viable.

DRK3

Forum veteran
In the rough draft deck I gave him the blue stripe commando combo to handle a round. I agree 100% about your other points. I did forget to put in Voymir. Voymir plus Revenants plus blue stripes plus Shieldwall is not optimal, but it is viable.

I love Voymir, he's so underrated and won me many games (but mostly in Kerack Frigate - Volunteer decks)

By checking your list, its very unorthodox for a Blue Stripes deck. It definitely doesnt go all in on the blue stripes, and you do have the shieldwall charges to protect them, but still, no tutoring and no option to give zeal to blue stripes means the BS part is way more vulnerable to full shutdown.

I would say blue stripes without the safety of foltest's zeals is more recommended to advanced players, otherwise if you just want bodies to turn to Revenants with Draug there's cheaper more consistent ways.

(I tried Stockpile blue stripes, double draug... on August's seasonal... now that was a real nightmare to pilot)

ya1

Forum regular
Go playgwent.com/en/decks and click NR and Inspired Zeal. There will be a couple of Commando Draug decks on different level of revenantism. https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks/guides/149047 this is one is fine just downgrade Baron or Vissegerd to Ronvid, Sabrina or Meis or something (Seltkirk is good for the Zeal) to make room for some revenants and Forbidden Magic at 5 provision range.

Last edited:
I don't really have a great deck for it, but if you struggle with filling up your rows with Revenants consider adding Siege Ladder. It can make for some clever row manipulations giving room for more.
Offering+Ronvid could also be considered for a never-ending rain of Revenants.

Top Bottom