Help me with my deck

+
Help me with my deck

Please let me know what you think and how I could make it better, I wanted it to be able to handle many different situations.

Attachments

• photo142460.png
    photo142460.png
    645.7 KB · Views: 57
Personally i am not a fan of Vicovaro Novice, low tempo for something Emmisary is doing better while having Impera out. I love the synergy Impera>Emyssary>Cow>Ambassador, but Novice feels to weak imo. One Combat Engie is enough imo. i guess it's enough at least if you play Emhyr or Decoy, but still i find them too low tempo to have more than one, especially considering how ell my deck thins and i may left with one in round 3. Also i feel you have way too many special/spell cards.

For card thinning i prefer the Imperial Golems. In this version of my deck almost always on round 3 i end up with no more than 5 to 3, even 1 card left (usually that is). You need to decide which are your core "instruments" in the deck and usually, i have to say, in NG now every card can end up as MVP. It's only a matter of doing the right moves at the right time.

This is my deck with good results thus far, by "good" i mean consistency and a win rate of at least above 50%, which i am fine with atm. I am having fun with the deck (except when i play against Scoia Special were they only have 3 units ffs).

Suggestions:
-Try to have cards that synergise.
-Try to have cards that are consistent. For example Sweers is less consistent than Vanhemr (also Sweers is good at milling archetype). Vanhemar is going to be useful almost 100% of the time one way or the other. Sweers not so much.

My Deck

(My deck is a variation of Vishra's -weirdly enough... just to be clear)

Last edited:
in general having too many different bronzes is not a good thing,because your draws are going to be inconsistent.spells are kinda fine to have one of's,but refrain from having one of's when it comes to units.groups of 3's and some groups of 2's will make your draws 10 times more consistent.also obviously add a 4th gold,even the average golds are generally stronger than bronzes.

now other than these obvious changes,you are gonna have to play and adjust your deck depending on what you are used to face in ladder,or in casuals if thats your thing.remember that, one deck cant really be good against every other deck.you got to build your deck in a way that is great against the decks you face the most,and has a fair chance of winning against the other decks.any win ratio upwards of 60 % is great to be honest.

PinkFloyd76;n8733110 said:
Personally i am not a fan of Vicovaro Novice, low tempo for something Emmisary is doing better while having Impera out. I love the synergy Impera>Emyssary>Cow>Ambassador, but Novice feels to weak imo. One Combat Engie is enough imo. i guess it's enough at least if you play Emhyr or Decoy, but still i find them too low tempo to have more than one, especially considering how ell my deck thins and i may left with one in round 3. Also i feel you have way too many special/spell cards.

For card thinning i prefer the Imperial Golems. In this version of my deck almost always on round 3 i end up with no more than 5 to 3, even 1 card left (usually that is). You need to decide which are your core "instruments" in the deck and usually, i have to say, in NG now every card can end up as MVP. It's only a matter of doing the right moves at the right time.

This is my deck with good results thus far, by "good" i mean consistency and a win rate of at least above 50%, which i am fine with atm. I am having fun with the deck (except when i play against Scoia Special were they only have 3 units ffs).

Suggestions:
-Try to have cards that synergise.
-Try to have cards that are consistent. For example Sweers is less consistent than Vanhemr (also Sweers is good at milling archetype). Vanhemar is going to be useful almost 100% of the time one way or the other. Sweers not so much.

My Deck

(My deck is a variation of Vishra's -weirdly enough... just to be clear)

Hey, thanks! I tried taking some out and replacing others and I jumped up two more ranks with nothing but wins in a row.

What purposes do the Alba spearman and the vicovaro medic do?

Some changes I'd make just looking at the list:
Swap the Alba Spearmen for a Nauzicaa Brigade.
Add a 3rd Impera brigade, (possibly take out the frost to fit it in?)
Add a Nauzicaa standard bearer (swap it for d-shackles?)

Obviously save up for your next gold, these are some i'd recommend.

Stefan Skellen
Vilgefortz
Rainfarn

I recommend these ones, because they fit in almost any nilf deck.

Tibor whilst a good card is not one id recommend actually, because he is almost always a round 3 card, and he is awkward round 1 and 2.

Also if happen to get Leo Bonhart from a keg, swap Triss for him, Leo is just better, as long as you don't mind revealing a card.

I gather that this is a fairly early deck since it's fairly scattershot with a lot of kinda random additions in terms of bronze and has only three golds. That's fine though. This has the makings of a very viable Impera Brigade/Spy deck. If that's the direction you're looking to head in though, Cantarella is a really good card in general and a must for spy decks. The slivers you have now are all good but may not have the most synergy with the overall strategy. Definitely get that ASAP. Also. Menno and Rainfarn would also be great longer-term goals.

More specific thoughts for the short term:

-Swap Alba Spearmen for another Impera Brigade. Alba Spearmen just aren't very good. Yeah, a shield is nice, but its situational and beyond that you've just got a 8 value bronze which isn't very good. Three Impera Brigades is a must though. That's going to be the engine of the whole deck. Get/add another one ASAP.

-Just one Combat Engineer is better. They're dead draws late game and with two, it becomes easy to run into both when you play Emissary. Consider an Ambassador instead. Ambassador is a very viable card right now, especially with Brigade. They'll also give you an alternative to use with Vicovaro Novices.

-Vicovaro Novices are tricky. They're really great IMO but only when played right. By that I mean, play Emissary and then pull them one after the other by chaining them to keep reactivating Emissary. So yeah, keep them (and even add a third). Just try to mulligan them always.

-I do like the lone Vicovaro Medic. It usually isn't a terrible play and it is just *so* useful against Skellige. Just stick with one though. Even two mean you can be forced to pull one with Emissary in round 1 when nothing is in the grave.

-Get a 4th gold card. Even if it is just Royal Decree, it's worth it. Maybe replace Alzur's Thunder. You don't really need it with all the other removal you have.

Top Bottom