HELP please :Game Freezing for 2-3 seconds, Conversations become fuzzy and load frequently, Mini map and world map become black.

+
HELP please :Game Freezing for 2-3 seconds, Conversations become fuzzy and load frequently, Mini map and world map become black.

Hello people, i came back to this game after 6 months and started encountering weird problems, problems that didnt occur to me 6 months ago. I've tried googling and searching for solutions here and over the internet but so far i 've no luck.

So basically my game Freezes frequently for like 2-3 secs and then resumes
Whenever i open my map(world map AND mini map as well). or inventory tab, they become blacked out for 3-4 seconds and then open normally.
I also started encountering loading during conversations. (Happens in every 2nd conversation or so).

I dont remember having these issues 6 months ago, on the same PC, back then the game played smoothly.(Although i had Windows 7 Pro x64 back then).
Although I do notice that i never crash ( i did crash 1 time in 30 hours but that's nothing i guess). If anyone could please assist me somehow i'd be forever grateful.
I also noticed that the game always freezes for 2-3 secs when im about to talk to NPC's when i press the "E" button.

SPECS : Windows 10 pro x64, AMD FX 6100 3.3ghz, NVIDIA geforce 960 2gb, 8GB RAM 1600 vengeance i think.
I play the game from gog galaxy, i've put fullscreen mode only, have disabled nvidia physx, have put FPS to UNLIMITED and still nothing's changed. Im running the 361.43 nvidia driver as well, which i think is the latest.

Last edited:
Try disabling GameOverlay in GOG Galaxy. It's under the setting/DLC tab for the game. By the way what's your harddrive like? Brand, capacity, type etc. And what do you mean by disabling PhysX? Did you modify it? As far as I know PhysX is hard-coded in this game and runs on the CPU.

Disabled game overlay in Galaxy, still the same, my HDD is 500GB Kingston (i think). As for PhysX, i found an option in the game in graphics that allows to turn it either on or off.

---------- Updated at 03:50 PM ----------

So i disabled the game Overlay from the GALAXY clinet just as you told me and so far everything's fixed. Thanks !

Top Bottom