Help please... How to play my physical copy on Series S

+
Hi guys!

So, I got 2077 as a physical disk for my Xbox One, but as I'm sure you all know, it didn´t play very well. So I got a Series S, as they're the only available next gen consoles right now, and thought I'd be able to play the game on the Series S. I read somewhere that you would be able to get the S/X version for free when you have bought the game for Xbox One.

How can I redeem the game on my Series S? It's installed on my profile, both conoles are logged into the same xbox profile, but the Series S will ot recognise the game as purchased, and wants me to repurchase a digital copy?

Do I have to wait for the actual Series S/X version next year?
Post automatically merged:

Ok, so looks like I screwed up. It says on the tech pages you need a physical drive to play a physical disk. Which makes sense, but still, I DO have a physical drive, just not on all of my consoles.

Last edited:
Yes, without a proper disc drive I don't see how you'd be able to play the game. Usually, it doesn't really matter if another console has a drive, the console you are playing the game with is the one that counts

(that's also one of the reasons why I'll definitely wait for the new playstation with disc drive)

Hi guys!

So, I got 2077 as a physical disk for my Xbox One, but as I'm sure you all know, it didn´t play very well. So I got a Series S, as they're the only available next gen consoles right now, and thought I'd be able to play the game on the Series S. I read somewhere that you would be able to get the S/X version for free when you have bought the game for Xbox One.

I hope that "S" was a typo and you meant "One X"... the regular (base) XBOX One and the Series "S" are basically the same thing just slightly tweaked, so don't expect any kind or much of performance upgrade from it. What you want is a "Series X" (the new console that just came out) if you can find one... Its the only next gen version of the XBOX released right now... You will be playing the non-next gen version of the game on it until the actual next gen version is released next year. The "S" has a weaker video card than the One X and was released as a budget console for people not going to play games in 4k and only digital purchases. If you wanted any kind of performance upgrade on the last gen consoles you should have went with the XBOX One X.

Yeah, Series S doesn't have a disc drive, so you have to either: see if you can't get a refund for the Series S and wait until you can procure a Series X, or buy Cyberpunk 2077 digitally. If you have a lot of Xbox One games on discs, you would be better off with the former, if not then the latter.

Top Bottom