HELP- problem with new adventures and patch

+

dnl

Senior user
HELP- problem with new adventures and patch

In need of help!In the past I have found a god mode and installed it. Now I am trying to play the new adventures but because it gets you straight to giving away skills (so the mod works and gives me infinite skills but doesn't make use of the given by the adventure ones) I cannot get out of the skills screen... moreover, I can't find the god mod file to remove it!any ideas guys?

ScoiataelDNL said:
In need of help!In the past I have found a god mode and installed it. Now I am trying to play the new adventures but because it gets you straight to giving away skills (so the mod works and gives me infinite skills but doesn't make use of the given by the adventure ones) I cannot get out of the skills screen... moreover, I can't find the god mod file to remove it!any ideas guys?
maybe you've put it in the Data\Override folder? ( that usually the place for mods )do you have any files there?

dnl

Senior user
LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
maybe you've put it in the Data\Override folder? ( that usually the place for mods )do you have any files there?
hey, thanx for replying...in C:, witcher, data, there is no overide file, but in data there are bik, luc, key, tlk, 2da and bif files... I have no idea what those are... maybe they are from other adventures...

PetraSilie said:
Files with these extensions are file formats.If you don't have an "override" folder you must create it under the Data directory ;)
he does not have that folder, so the "god mode" was installed somewhere else, unfortunately he does not know anymore what files were overwritten

ScoiataelDNL said:
so, any ideas? :'(
Two ideas: If you remember where you got God Mode from, or if you can do a search and find it again, you can download it and look at it to see what files it replaced.If that doesn't work, you can uninstall and reinstall the game.Edited to Add: This post talks about a god mode cheat, but the link is dead: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=8004.msg209808#msg209808. There's a god mode cheat here, but I don't know if it's the one you used or not: http://www.badongo.com/file/7550231.

dnl

Senior user
Corylea said:
Corylea said:
so, any ideas? :'(
Two ideas: If you remember where you got God Mode from, or if you can do a search and find it again, you can download it and look at it to see what files it replaced.If that doesn't work, you can uninstall and reinstall the game.Edited to Add: This post talks about a god mode cheat, but the link is dead: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=8004.msg209808#msg209808. There's a god mode cheat here, but I don't know if it's the one you used or not: http://www.badongo.com/file/7550231.
thanx for the help!!!yes, this was the one made by xerxes, but the link is dead indeed. I have sent him a msg weeks ago, but he doesn't seem to be around anymore. I don't know if it's the same with the other one, the trainer that you have to pay for. So you mean that the god mode has replaced files? it's not just a file that I can delete (if I find it :dead:) ???

i don't know if this will help you or not, but you can delete a witcher installation (manually) and your saved games are still safe (because they are saved elsewhere), then do a completely fresh install ... that should definitely work, no matter what the problem is.another method is to find your saved games folder (on my system the saved games are under "my documents" in a witcher folder), and copy them to a safe place, then de-install and re-install the witcher. ... then move the saved games back and get back to playing :Di know it's long applying patch 1.4 again, but since you've waited this long, what's an extra couple of hours, eh ? (unless you started with the enhanced edition, in which case, that part should be a bit quicker).have you tried something like that ?

no, I haven't yet, I was hoping for something quicker than that ;D maybe some way of getting of the "spent your skills now" page and get back in the game...

Top Bottom