Help with choosing a new faction

+
Hi! I very long time playing with monsters fraction. It's my first fraction in a game. But I want to take a new fraction. And I don't know which one. Pls, help.

I would probably suggest, that if you can't decide just yet, then maybe watch some videos on YouTube, or streams on Twitch and see what cards and combos people play in different factions. Maybe you will find some that you particularly like, and those might be your best choice for next faction(s) that you should pick.

You can also just copy decks from playgwent.com and see if anything seems like your thing. Netdecking is a good way to familiarize oneself with new factions, archetypes, or decks.

Syndicate I probably wouldn't recommend if you've only ever played Monsters, because it's a difficult faction to play with the Coins mechanic. Unless of course it really appeals to you and you don't mind learning the hardest faction. :D

I've also mostly played Monsters. I've had fun playing with Precision Strike - Schirru.

You can also just copy decks from playgwent.com and see if anything seems like your thing. Netdecking is a good way to familiarize oneself with new factions, archetypes, or decks.

Syndicate I probably wouldn't recommend if you've only ever played Monsters, because it's a difficult faction to play with the Coins mechanic. Unless of course it really appeals to you and you don't mind learning the hardest faction. :D

netdecking is a site?

It would help us if you said what type of Monster deck you played. There isn't a faction that's "like" monsters, but every faction has different playstyles and some of them are more alike.

Netdecking is a good way to familiarize oneself with new factions, archetypes, or decks.

Netdecking is a good way to kill creativity and the willingness to experiment. As soon as players get their hands on an efficient netdeck, they stick to it, because it gives wins. If it was otherwise, then there would not be so many exact same decks being played over and over (very often by fresh players).
Therefore I would rather say, that experimenting and trying new things on your own is the best way to familiarize oneself with cards/factions/archetypes.

It would help us if you said what type of Monster deck you played. There isn't a faction that's "like" monsters, but every faction has different playstyles and some of them are more alike.
I understood. But in general, I know, how to play with monsters. I chose vampires because for me it's more interesting and easier.)
Post automatically merged:

netdecking is a good way to kill creativity and the willingness to experiment. As soon as players get their hands on an efficient net deck, they stick to it, because it gives wins. If it was otherwise, then there would not be so many same decks being played over and over (very often by fresh players).
Therefore I would rather say, that experimenting and trying new things on your own is the best way to familiarize oneself with cards/factions/archetypes.
Yes, you're right. Monsters deck I picked up himself. But sometimes I go to the site GWENT and see which decks are.

Last edited:
I can't quote your post, @Mateyko373, because it only has a quote of my post, but the site I was talking about is this: https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks
Netdecking is just a term that means copying decks from the internet.

Some people really hate it, but like I said it's good way to familiarize oneself with new things and there is nothing objectively wrong with it. If there was the site I linked would not exist.
I can personally say I first really got into Scoia'tael by trying out someone else's deck. I eventually modified the deck, and it was the starting point of my playing Scoia'tael. I still play the faction years later today, with self-built decks.

I can't quote your post, @Mateyko373, because it only has a quote of my post, but the site I was talking about is this: https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks
Netdecking is just a term that means copying decks from the internet.

Some people really hate it, but like I said it's good way to familiarize oneself with new things and there is nothing objectively wrong with it. If there was the site I linked would not exist.
I can personally say I first really got into Scoia'tael by trying out someone else's deck. I eventually modified the deck, and it was the starting point of my playing Scoia'tael. I still play the faction years later today, with self-built decks.
Aaa. I understood. I thought netdecking is a site. 😄.

https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks.
I come often to this site.

All my cards in this moment

Thank people!

Attachments

• Screenshot_6.png
    Screenshot_6.png
    244.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Since you played Vampires, which are engines that rely on getting a certain status on the enemy board, maybe you should try Nilfgaard with Poison, Aristocrats, Masquerade Ball.

I was actually thinking SY because the bleeding with vampires, and boosts from bleeding are strategically simulate to damage pings and boosts from bloodthirst. Or am I being too simplistic?

I was actually thinking SY because the bleeding with vampires, and boosts from bleeding are strategically simulate to damage pings and boosts from bloodthirst. Or am I being too simplistic?
I think you mean SK?
Anyway, whatever you do, don't pick NG. Enough of those bozos around :p
ST is the best faction, so can't go wrong with that :D

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Well, I started playing NG. And I liked it. They focus mainly on blocking and agents. Well, that's how I understood it. But for now, I'm collecting cards to put together a good deck. Because there are weak cards in the starting deck. And so in all factions

I think you mean SK?
Why don't pick NG?

I think you mean SK?
Why don't pick NG?

Because NG is boring and toxic.

I think you should defenitly try a SK lippy deck. With that deck i discovered how to play thinking in bleeding or not in second round.

Also, you need a lot of neutral, wich you will use in others decks in the future

Why don't pick NG?
Every faction has its haters, and within factions specific decks have their haters. If you were planning to play Eist SK, Traps ST, Lined Pockets, VIy, LIppy SK, [insert faction], and so on people would show up to hate on that. Playing whatever you like and want is always the best option.

Why don't pick NG?
The main reason is that it's currently (and I think has always been?) the most popular faction in the game, so it's better for match diversity if new players try something else. Even when everyone was complaining that Nilfgaard was one of the worst factions in the game, I'm fairly certain its play rate was still a lot more than 16.67% (i.e. 1/6), and when it's on top, Nilgaard's play rate is more like 30-40%.

Here are my tactics in the game. Well, I played for monsters. Round 1 can be lost, but do it so that the opponent has fewer cards in his hand (mostly 1 card than mine). In the second round, the opponent does the same, or makes himself worse - continues to play with fewer cards. And in any case, I won. And I will win the 3rd round on any, because I leave the top cards (well + -). Somehow.

[Please do not share usernames when posting match history.]

How to abbreviate all factions? Help, because I understood only NG (nilfgaard) and SK (skellinge)😀

How to abbreviate all factions? Help, because I understood only NG (nilfgaard) and SK (skellinge) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom