Help with Crafting Cards

+
hello everyone. im new player here. i have played other card games before. i just find it really really hard to craft cards. i am in game and i want to craft a legendary card , it says 800 scraps. while milling it makes 200 scraps out of it. sooo if i get this correct, i have to mill 4 legendaries to make the one i want? is there anything i am missing? is there another easier way? through the story book maybe? also the dust that makes premium cards why there is not an option to craft actual cards with this? why would a new player want to craft premioum cards? from my point of view first priority of a new player is to get as many cards as possible, then make the good-looking cards.

No, you are right. As a new player you have to be a bit patient. Make sure you got your 175 ore/day through playing, try to get some reward points, invest them in the reward book and open as many kegs as possible. after 1 week you should be able to get a decent deck together.
Well, if you are not the patient type, just buy some kegs.....
BTW welcome to gwent :)

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
It's common practice that dusting cards gives less scraps than it would cost to craft it. The ratio varies between CCG, though. Dusting is also not recommended for new players because it leaves less options for later. The Meteorite Powder is specially for premium cards and can be bought separately, for those that card about sparkles. It's not a premium currency, but rather an extra just for cosmetics.

The best way is to just do the dailies and win at least 6 rounds (not games) for an equivalent of a free keg. This means you can get 3 kegs per day, easily. You can also try to go for the achievements (contracts) and gather reward points, which can be spend in the reward book for more kegs and unlocking leaders.

The starter pack, which you can buy, is also a good deal. But it's up to you, if you want to spend money on the game.

First of all, Welcome onboard.

For your issue, while it can look a little discouraging for new player, crafting cards in Gwent is actually relatively easy.

As Theogonist said, daily quests help a lot to get kegs and then mill what you don't use out of them.
The ability tree book (I don't remember how it's called exactly) can give you a nice push since you can get scraps, ore and even kegs by spending your points. Focusing first on getting as much ressources as possible seems like a good plan for a new player (over getting new leaders even, just get the one that seems the more attractive to you and spend the rest of your points in the most efficient route from a ressource perspective).

You'll see that it doesn't take long before you can assemble a decent deck and things are ramping up quickly afterwards. That's how I feel about it at the very least.

thank you all for the replies. i have gotten the welcome bundle since its a thing now on all games and its really worth it. i wish the meteorite powder could be also used to craft cards but it is what it is i guess. im trying monsters faction with deathwish (i saw some vids on youtube and it recommended for new players) now but i happen to also like the elves with the buff deck (aglais) . tho i see most of the good players prefer schirru. is it worth spending dust on aglais deck or should i go for the super strong schirru deck ?

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
is it worth spending dust on aglais deck or should i go for the super strong schirru deck ?

I would be careful with spending any scraps. The game will likely get some tweaks soon, which will shift the meta. As such, if you invest in certain cards now, they might not be as effective later on.

Eithné Artifact Control (with Schirrú) is one of the strongest decks right now, but it's also difficult to play.

well i did not prefer anything.. just the game gave me 2 ST legendaries from my first kegs (schirru and the one that doubles the buffs) and i decided to go for it :)

[...] i have to mill 4 legendaries to make the one i want?
correct

is there anything i am missing?
maybe.... lets get through the other questions first...

is there another easier way? through the story book maybe?
Yes. For other leaders you can indeed get them from the Reward Book (total cost ~140 reward points for all of them). For other cards your main method of getting them will be from kegs, and from random drops from daily awards.

also the dust that makes premium cards why there is not an option to craft actual cards with this?
Because it's only meant for visual/status goodies, not things that affect gameplay

why would a new player want to craft premioum cards?
They wouldn't. The only difference between regular and premium cards is that the premium ones are animated.... that's it. New players should be getting most of their new cards from kegs, and a few from crafting with scraps from milled duplicates.

from my point of view first priority of a new player is to get as many cards as possible, then make the good-looking cards.
this is correct, but you shouldn't worry about making premiums until you have nearly (if not the entire) normal set. you WILL get some, but they are not important until you get most of those normal cards.

for fastest effective completion of the set, you should mill any cards you have more than the usable limit of (this is automatic if you only have normal, or only have premiums of that card when using the "mill spares" button. you have to do it by hand if you have mixed copies of a card). you should spend all scraps on the most expensive normal cards first (Gold Legendaries [gold pip, not pink], and if you don't have thronebreaker, normal thronebreaker cards [4x normal cost]). and obviously earn as many kegs as possible. It's worth it to break the above rules to craft a card you need for a deck, since winning ranked matches can provide a lot of kegs at season end.

Top Bottom