Help with custom monsters

+
Hello everyone,

I know there is a way to add custom weapons and armor and accessories into the game, but I don't know of any way to add custom creatures, like monsters or NPCs. Can anybody help me out? The reason is that I want to add the dragon, kayran and draug from TW2 into TW3 as monsters that spawns from draconid nests. I don't know how to add AI to the monster, or how to make it spawn from aforementioned nests either. Any help is appreciated.

I have WolvenKit, the official ModKit, W2's RedKit, C++ Runtime Environment and will download as necessary.

Last edited:
One can copy/paste vanilla monsters and npc's and just update the meshes.

We are restricted by animations and skeletons for instance, so those can only be vanilla.

So if for instance I took a draconid's (forktail, wyvern etc.) files from the extracted game and renamed them and changed the meshes to TW2's dragon, does it simulate their behavior (idle animations, spawn locations, attack types etc.) as well?

Derin, sorry to hijack your thread like this but it won't let me make a new thread if I have <10 posts.

Is there any way to name a monster when spawning it? I want to give it a custom name.
Please help.

Guest 2364765

Define "custom" because simply put you cannot reliably make new enemy types.
Importing animations is a no-go and editing behavior graphs/AI would be a borderline masochistic endeavour.

Best you could do is just make a copy of enemy and change their model, name, potentially also sound and some stats, then pretend it's a "brand new" enemy.

Derin, sorry to hijack your thread like this but it won't let me make a new thread if I have <10 posts.

Is there any way to name a monster when spawning it? I want to give it a custom name.
Please help.
No.

Top Bottom