Help with my Scoia'tael deck

+
Help with my Scoia'tael deck

I personally love the Scoia'tael I tried to use them for gwent in the witcher 3 but they were just too awful, now here I'm trying to use them again but I have about a 25% win rate with this current deck

http://imgur.com/a/6UOAz

Generally I play all the makaham Defenders that I have in my hand in the first round then I pass. In the second round I try to get my Hawker support cards out there and hopefully have an Adrenalin rush card to use on one of them. That is my general strategy. Clearly I'm not doing something right though, any deck tweaks/help you can give me would be awesome. Thanks.

seeing your deck i would guess that you may have a huge problem against weather decks.now im not really good at deck building and such, but this seems to be one of your problems.

Hrm...

1.) Scoia in TW3's Gwent were NOT awful. I used them repeatedly to do all Gwent content (well, except the very early matches before I had a full Scoia deck, and not the gwent tourney in Beauclair) in various playthroughs. :p

2.) I don't know. What you describe sounds a bit like you have laid out your plan "sticky dwarves and pass in round 1, then H.Supports and win round 2 and 3 with them" and don't react particularly to the surroundings and to the activities of the opponent? It's also like a mix of Dwarf Power and H.Supports, without excelling at either. Understandable with a starter deck, but a potential problem.

What exactly gets you killed? Look at that, then get counters for it.

Very generally, I think that the H.Supports cause twitchy fingers and instant nukes in most players now. They are so easy to kill while small, and so annoying when buffed.

I personally have a very good time with playing Scoia in Gwent as tactical, reactive and very destructive. I almost never get awesome numbers of strength anywhere, but neither does the opponent (unless I made a mistake or had a crappy hand). Of course, for that approach, it helps to know what the opponent is most likely going to do.

But this is of course very different to the builder-like approach of the Dwarven Power or the H.Support gameplay. So I am probably not the right person to try and meddle with your deck anyway. :(

Zentac42;n7030240 said:
I personally love the Scoia'tael I tried to use them for gwent in the witcher 3 but they were just too awful, now here I'm trying to use them again but I have about a 25% win rate with this current deck

http://imgur.com/a/6UOAz

Generally I play all the makaham Defenders that I have in my hand in the first round then I pass. In the second round I try to get my Hawker support cards out there and hopefully have an Adrenalin rush card to use on one of them. That is my general strategy. Clearly I'm not doing something right though, any deck tweaks/help you can give me would be awesome. Thanks.

Hey friend! Always glad to help out a fellow Scoia player!

A few tip for your deck:
1) If you're playing sticky dwarves I would go all out and fill up your deck with them. Let them buff each other and try not to focus on buffing just one so your enemy doesn't just scorch it down. Get a few of the neutral bronze wolf cards that let you keep a card on the board for another round. Also make sure to get Zoltan Chivay(!!!) and the silver dwarf card that sticks for a round.
2) You're running 3 Hawker's but like Lytha said, people know how scary they can be and usually nuke them down on sight. I personally always carry a single Hawker but I only use it when I want to bait my enemy or when I already have a proper sticky dwarf setup > when your board is filled with dwarves they have other things to worry about, just don't place it on your strongest row since they can easily slice it down without wasting too much of their special card.
3) You're very (very, very) low on special cards and your deck looks incredibly vulnerable to weather. Carry clear skies or Yaevinn or both, depending on your own preference. Also get some more magic in general.

Final tip; if you're playing for second and third round you're gonna want Ciri in your deck. Some people will even let you just win a round when they see Ciri because they don't want to waste resources on her.

Disclaimer: I'm only a lowly level 10 but my deck is coming together nicely. I need two more 800 scraps cards and then I'm done with this one except for some minor tweaks. My playstyle isn't perfect yet but I seem to win most of my games and even go on big winning streaks here and there. In my opinion the cards you carry are only half the battle, especially when playing Scoia. A great tactician behind a green deck is probably one of the scariest opponents you can face. They have so many options to massively sway the tide of battle, there's always something you can do if you didn't get a really crappy first hand. I personally find Francesca helps a lot despite the fact that people like to scoff at the starterdeck leaders. The 3 redraws she gives you are great for stalling or just saving your skin in general.

Enjoy playing green! I personally find it lots of fun. Best of luck mate. PEACE.

Edit: If you're way low on scraps you may want to consider milling up your other decks. Destroying 3 decks should give you around 1000 scraps. Use them on a few 200 scrap cards for a great boost to your deck. BE VERY SURE YOU WANT TO MAIN SCOIA BEFORE YOU DO, YOU CANNOT GET THEM BACK AFTER.

Last edited:
Your going to vulnerable to any opponent who uses some sort of control currently (wounding or weather mostly). It depends on what strategy you want to build around. Hawker support is more of a special card strategy while mahakham defenders is part of a buff/promote strategy. As a starting point you would for well to get additional gold/silver cards. I would recommend Ciri first as she is both useful and low-cost. I would also recommend Toruviel perhaps. Clear skies is definitely a card you probably want to combat weather.

Save scraps and craft Aglais, Nature's gift and Geralt Igni.

Put Scorch and D-Bomb in your deck and put your leader's ability to good use. Decoy and Aeromancy should work well with Brouver Hoog as well.

Remove Hawker supports, they are the worst Scoia'tael units.

Remove Addrenaline rush and Mahakaman Deffenderds, you will lose every time you draw those in round 3 unless you have Last Wish or use Francesca.

Put 3 Dwarwen skirmishers into your deck. Those can remove weak cards with strong abilities. Otherwise they are 9 strength (buffed 6 + 3 strength they remove from enemy unit).

Put 2-3 Vrihedd Brigade into your deck. You don't want to waste a card with ability when the board is empty but it's your turn to go first.

Put 3-4 other troops of your choice and that should be it. Don't add more bronze units.

Thanks for the tips so far, I don't think I have enough cards currently to build a good scoia'tael deck without relying on hawker supporters at this point. Although it is my ultimate goal to make a deck that doesn't need them at all. However I need to get cards like Iorveth and Isengrim, which will take some time. Despite Kapusta23 saying supporters are the worst scoia'tael units (I think they are good but horribly unreliable) they can be pretty dope if the opponent can't deal with them :)

Attachments

• Hawker supporter Dank.jpg
    Hawker supporter Dank.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 76
Gods. Why did he Igni the front line, when your HS was in ranged?

And yeah, HS can still work. It's less common now than it was in the start, so people might have forgotten that THEY MUST NUKE THE LITTLE GUY INSTANTLY. ;)
I had 2 wins with them against human opponents yesterday, too. Even made some serious blunders in the 2nd match and still won it.

Returned to my destructive trapping setup though. I enjoy that more. :)

Lytha;n7051370 said:
Gods. Why did he Igni the front line, when your HS was in ranged?

Easily. I just did that same mistake today... It happens surprisingly fast before you even think about what you did :)

I said few friendly words to myself after that...

Top Bottom