Help with Witcher 2 Patching on Steam!!!

+
Help with Witcher 2 Patching on Steam!!!

Ok I reinstalled The Witcher 2 today on Steam and it seems it automatically downloaded version 2.0 and had it installed without any patching process because in-game it shows the tutorial and the arena which didnt come till 2.0, but one weird thing is my launcher to the game is the original launcher before the launcher changed in the 2.0 patch. Does anyone know what it going on and maybe how i can fix this or try and maybe force a patch on it cause Steam isn't finding any patches manually

is there anyway someone could email me there patcher_2.0.exe and patcher_2.0.exe.crc I heard if you use Steam and its not recognizing to patch that i can place these files manually into my patcher folder and run it and it should work and patch everything to 2.0 i would really appreciate if someone could do this for me

Right click on the game in your game list, go to properties, local files and try 'verify integrity of game cache'.

UndeadCreepshow said:
Ive done this already. It downloads 8gigs of data thats already there and still no patch

Look in your Documents>Witcher 2>downloads folder . Is any patches there . Also if you click the launcher and view the readme is 2.0 mentioned .

Can you be more specific on the launcher part that is not changed with 2.0 .

ok i went to launch it just now and tutorial and arena are gone. Launcher is back to original game launcher before it changed in 2.0. latest thing mentioned in readme is 1.3.5

UndeadCreepshow said:
ok i went to launch it just now and tutorial and arena are gone. Launcher is back to original game launcher before it changed in 2.0. latest thing mentioned in readme is 1.3.5

Ok , that would mean that you are on the 1.35 patch . Try making sure you are running both Steam and Witcher 2 as admin then restart computer and reverify game cache .

just checked i do have everything set to run as admin. I will try to reverify game cache. If it doesnt work what should i do? like i mentioned earlier if i can get patcher_2.0.exe and patcher_2.0.exe.crc files from the patcher folder i can force the game to update.

yay just verified integrity and i get to download 11 gigs of data that's already there. Sweeeeeeet! lol hopefully this works.

I have heard from a few people that they have checked the file integrity 6 or 7 times before it finally decides that you are due an update . Any 2.0 patch won`t work as it has to come from Steam for it to work properly . If all else fails contact Steam directly to find out what you need to do to get updated . Are you running the latest Steam client version ?

ok i just verified game files and its showing i have 2.0 now without actually going through the patching process and also it still the original game launcher not the one from 2.0.

This is the launcher I'm referring to that doesnt show anymore.

This is what my launcher looks like

Which is weird because in-game looks like i gave 2.0 i have the Arena and Tutorial and even the read me file shows its 2.0 what do you think is wrong??

I don`t think anything is wrong unless you can`t play arena . It looks the same as my launcher . You can`t get to Arena or Dark Mode until you actually get to the new/load game screen .

Going by the above pics the top one is the old launcher previous to patch 2.0 .
The bottom pic is the 2.0 launcher .

I would say Steam finally fixed it`s updater being that it doesn`t get caught in a continuous downloading loop .

EDIT : Chances are when you started up the game or launcher it patched to 1.35 then when you verified the file cache it patched to 2.0

i had the below launcher since the game came out. when i updated to 2.0 i had the above launcher. now since all this happened with Steam and crap its back to the below launcher i remember when 2.0 came out and i could browse my dlc and all that stuff through the new launcher and could also log in to my account and stuff through the new launcher. Dont know what is going on

Don`t know a lot about Steam but my disc version starting with the day one patch all the way through patch 1.35 is the top picture you listed . Only with 2.0 do i get a launcher like your bottom pic .

I'm a Steam user.

I can't see the bottom picture as I'm unable to view imageshack pictures in my country, but the top one is definitely *NOT* the current launcher from Steam. The options on the Steam launcher menu are
Launch Game
Options
Registered Users (Initially showed as "Register Game", I think)
View Readme file
(couple of blank lines)
www.thewitcher.com

When 2.0 came out, there was a problem with the launcher, for both Steam and non-Steam users. It was fixed on Steam with the content update, but I'm not aware of any time after 2.0 that the launcher looked like your top image. All I can think of is that they used it short-term while working on the problem, and that you happened to pick it up during that period.

i also noticed i dont have any of the dlc armor in my inventory that was supposed to come in 2.0 and automatically be in the inventory. whats with that?

There wasn`t any additional armor that came with 2.0 that gets added to your inventory , not that i`m aware of anyway . If you`re referring to the dark mode items those you have to buy the diagrams for and have crafted yourself in the game . All other DLC items should be there though . Do you still have the Roche jacket , alchemy gloves , mage pants , and the whetstones , oils , and potions .

Top Bottom