Henselt + reaver hunter combo

+
I'm at the point where I might start insta-forfeiting as soon as I realize I'm up against a reaver hunter deck to save time.

You can kill them, lock them, tickle them pink, but you can't stop them. No matter what; there's a way for them to super boost each other and form a trio. It's ridiculous.

Noobc0re;n9332561 said:
but you can't stop them. No matter what;

1) Make sure you win round one and bleed the opponent in round 2
2) Save an Igni or other Scorch effect

Then it should be doable. It's possible to win from them.

Noobc0re;n9332561 said:
I'm at the point where I might start insta-forfeiting as soon as I realize I'm up against a reaver hunter deck to save time.

You can kill them, lock them, tickle them pink, but you can't stop them. No matter what; there's a way for them to super boost each other and form a trio. It's ridiculous.

As I pointed out on the weird games thread I once not only beat Reaver Hunters but played my opponents own Reaver Hunters Trio against them. So I don't buy this story that they can't be stopped.

Karajorma;n9333601 said:
As I pointed out on the weird games thread I once not only beat Reaver Hunters but played my opponents own Reaver Hunters Trio against them. So I don't buy this story that they can't be stopped.

It depends on what faction you play. NG for example has a clear advantage in this matchup.
However for a lot of decks RH is really problematic atm, also since they get buffed even if locked.

If you tech specifically against them, like carry 2 Vicovaros, sure. But a 30+ point swing shouldn't really be possible with one card. Even Tibor, a 23 point card, comes with a disadvantage, as it gives the opponent a card.

They'll probably get a nerf next patch. Just hope it's not an overreaction à la Nilfgaard.

I guess reaver hunters should be nerfed or at least changed to silver cards. It's too powerful, to get with one card (Henselt) so much advantage in last round. All other factions don't have so much power. If you spawn Eskel, Lambert and Vesemir or witches in monsters, which are one of the most powerful combinations. Anyway, it doesn't reach power of reavers and they are bronze. Really fair,...

4RM3D;n9333411 said:
1) Make sure you win round one and bleed the opponent in round 2
2) Save an Igni or other Scorch effect

Then it should be doable. It's possible to win from them.

Aren't torch and igni reliant on them having the same power?

4RM3D;n9334221 said:
They usually have the same power when deployed with Henselt.

Even in this case often they don't have the same power because for example Dandelion is involved.

Power can also be different when some of the RH units were played once and put back into the deck with Nenneke before playing Henselt.

So it's not that easy to counter it. But again, some decks will have a much harder time than others, even good ones.

devivre;n9334321 said:
Even in this case often they don't have the same power because for example Dandelion is involved.

He can indeed be an issue. Forgot about that.

Yeah, winning first round against Henselt Reaver Hunter combo is crucial. If you're playing decks that needs a lot of units I'm not sure how to help you, but if you got a few good 1-2 cards finishers it's more than doable. One way I win against these decks is that I bleed all cards from their hands (they usually only have henselt) the 2nd round leaving my 1 strongest card in my hand. At this point it's topdecking luck. They have to draw their Reaver Hunter to win this now.

For Skellige having 1 good rez seems to do it.

For NG Peter and Igni will usually get rid of 3 hunters for you.

For Monster, ya gotta outswarm them I suppose.

For Scoia'tael two sets of scorches should do alot if you're running the scorch control version. Dunno about dwarfs since I don't have the cards for that deck.

The current issue is Hensalt + Kaedweni Sargent on round one. If you're going second you completely force your opponent out with a 38 point play because it'll be impossible for anything except brouver+ witchers to beat that opener. From there it's super easy for them to bleed the opponent out and finish with hunters. Playing against that basically comes down to RNG on who goes first, plus if the NR gets a good or bad draw. Unless NR gets some nerfs this patch that deck in particular will completely dominate the meta after monsters and SK are nerfed.

Top Bottom